Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mr.Boofu posted:

I just bought titans when do you guys have games? I looked back and can't find it in the thread

generally someone posts in the thread if they're hanging out in mumble. as splicer said, saturday and sunday is the usual planned-for time but if you're willing to hang around in mumble for a bit you can probably get someone to play with you basically whenever.

TenjouUtena posted:

I think we should use the IRC channel in OP more (#pagoons on synirc). I can't really sit at my computer and listen to mumble but I can idle in IRC forever for pickup games.

i was not aware that this existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

ninjewtsu posted:

i was not aware that this existed
You'll have more success if you stick around for longer than ten minutes.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Ralith posted:

You'll have more success if you stick around for longer than ten minutes.

the unfortunate truth is that my internet goes on and off periodically and it seems that mibbit won't reconnect me if that happens

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

if anyone's up for a game tonight i'll be hanging out in mumble

Mr.Boofu
Mar 22, 2003
~_~

ninjewtsu posted:

if anyone's up for a game tonight i'll be hanging out in mumble

You left as I joined, are you done?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

nah my internet was being funky for a bit there. gaming is happening now though, if anyone else wants to join!

Mr.Boofu
Mar 22, 2003
~_~
Thanks for putting up with my poo poo guys. I took notes promise.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Had some good 3v3 games. Also an FFA that confirmed that lazily ignoring orbit against ninjew is not viable, and that gas giants are still boring.

I'm beginning to appreciate the tank titan much more now that I've used it with a support army against a not-completely-incompetent enemy. That battleship-class long range fire plus additional turrets providing close-up support makes a beautiful core for a tank blob containing adequate AA, and as always a handful of repair bots just make things perfect. I hope to start using them more in meaningful battles, though so often by the time we get T2 going enough to have the eco, we're already about to win.

I really appreciate that the titans all need support to be effective (in the absence of an overwhelming eco advantage).

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what would be the ideal map conditions for using titans without the game already being decided? i guess one very large planet? going multiplanets is a good way to ensure titan use, but by the time titans come out on a multiplanet system the game is pretty well decided based on whoever managed to wrestle control of more planets by that point

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Assuming teams, multiple planets work as long as there's an even spread. Two planets with half of each team starting on each for example. Hard to enforce though.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
The logistical challenges of one very large planet are always an interesting change of pace anyway. Have to be careful to avoid having excess metal.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm hanging out in mumble if anyone wants to game

EDIT: me and boof are gonna play a game. after that i gotta go for a bit, but i'll be back on later. if you join fast enough you might get to join me and boof! if not, you can keep boof company while i'm gone

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 2, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I could get a game in if anyone's about

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it just me or when did units other than buildings start leaving corpses to reclaim?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

oohhboy posted:

Is it just me or when did units other than buildings start leaving corpses to reclaim?

It was a new feature of the TITANS expansion. Units can leave non-blocking wreckage when they die.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks, was so focused on the annoying post launch bugs I didn't notice a returning feature like that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

For mac users: current PTE build(87070) appears to fix crashing, or at least seems to have for me. Might want to give it a shot(this is a solution from Uber Support)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Shooty Robots anyone?

vvv Fair enough. Robits later this weekend.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 5, 2015

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Ralith and I just finished a shooty robots. Two starting planets and Ralith got one of them all to himself :psyduck: I basically just ran around dropping teleporters for him to funnel nuke tanks through. Good times.

Unfortunately I really should go to sleep. But there'll be shooty robots tomorrow.

e: it was 5 teams of 2, hence the :psyduck:. Not one of the other 8 players picked his planet.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 5, 2015

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
I doubt I'll be playing this weekend, life has been busy and Mad Max has devoured most of my gaming time. Fight on without me!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Splicer posted:

Ralith and I just finished a shooty robots. Two starting planets and Ralith got one of them all to himself :psyduck: I basically just ran around dropping teleporters for him to funnel nuke tanks through. Good times.

Unfortunately I really should go to sleep. But there'll be shooty robots tomorrow.

e: it was 5 teams of 2, hence the :psyduck:. Not one of the other 8 players picked his planet.
This was a really entertaining match. 5*2 teams in 0.1-factor bounty mode in a 5-planet system with 2 small but metal-rich starting moons. Splicer found himself in a massive clusterfuck on one starting planet, while I gradually pushed out and eventually discovered I was completely alone on the other. No idea what the pubbies were thinking, all doubling down like that. Only one pubbie team even bothered with orbital, and so they were the last to die, ultimately eliminated when I dumped a 200-ish strong nanoswarm on the most metal-rich non-starting planet and set them to patrol until finding the com, at which point I converged them all down on him. Gotta love how much damage those things do. Had a couple Zeus in reserve I didn't even get to use.

This game drove home the fact that, if you have a secure base, you can get nuke tanks really early compared to any other T3 unit, to the extent that nobody can meaningfully defend against them--they're not even all that expensive, especially compared to the size of an army necessary to defeat one before it gets anywhere important. Once I started cranking them out we just wiped out base after base.

My favorite moment was when a pubbie tried to evac his full-health com away from a pair of our nuke tanks using an Astraeus. He was right on the edge of the AoE so he might not have been killed outright by the blast, so I just set the tanks to follow him and sat there with my finger on the self-destruct button waiting for the Astraeus to drop down from orbit to grab him. The moment it did so I hit the confirmation button, and the explosion easily destroyed the (relatively very fragile) Astraeus--the instant after it had picked up the com.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm finally coming back from my week long vacation late tonight so I hope to get a bunch of games in tomorrow. I noticed while playing with the orbital load out in galactic war that orbital constructors are pretty powerful. That's a fun style to play with because they let the orbital constructors build everything with that load out. A pile of them can really pump out a titan in no time.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Orbital constructors can build every kind of titan even in normal play. Most convenient way to do it, since you need an appropriate kind of T2 constructor otherwise.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Robot time for cool people and also us

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ralith posted:

Orbital constructors can build every kind of titan even in normal play. Most convenient way to do it, since you need an appropriate kind of T2 constructor otherwise.

With the orbital load out in galactic war, they can even build T1 structures, which is hilarious. They just pump out mexes.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Nalin posted:

With the orbital load out in galactic war, they can even build T1 structures, which is hilarious. They just pump out mexes.
Come play with us!

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Fun night tonight. Killed pubbies, had a bugged game. Was great.

1pm Pacific tomorrow start. Shoot more robutts.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Note: Having 5 sub commanders in galactic war is completely OP, and you don't even have to build anything.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yo sorry about last night, i said i'd be back in like 20 minutes and then i laid down and fell the gently caress asleep. may or may not be able to make it to gaming today, i've got both some prior arrangements and a guest over today.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

RFC2324 posted:

Note: Having 5 sub commanders in galactic war is completely OP, and you don't even have to build anything.
I've been playing no-sub as a challenge. It's hard.

PS get in mumble, play robots.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

TenjouUtena posted:

1pm Pacific tomorrow start. Shoot more robutts.

Splicer posted:

I'm probably going to be around like 7pm Central time (~ 4 hours from now). I also might stream, cause why not.

Mr.Boofu
Mar 22, 2003
~_~
I haven't left guys no matter how much Ralith yells at me. I'll be on around 7pm central as well.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Splicer posted:

I've been playing no-sub as a challenge. It's hard.

I am using the General loadout to make it easy to unlock all the other loadouts. That has to be the most broken loadout.

And one day I will, when I end up with enough uninterrupted time to do so, which is rare.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

TenjouUtena posted:

I'm probably going to be around like 7pm Central time (~ 4 hours from now). I also might stream, cause why not.

Where did everyone go? I'm having to play with pubbies!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
I'm up for some labor day games if anyone else is. Hanging out in mumble.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I bought Titans. Page one lists the IRC as #pagoons. Is that still accurate or is everything coordinated through a steam group?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

everything is mostly coordinated through this thread and the camping the stairs goon mumble. that is the correct irc though, we've had a bunch of people idling in there lately

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Anyone up for some GMT-friendly robots?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah i am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012