Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man. This game looks awesome. I cannot loving wait to attach engines to asteroids and launch them at planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hope that the concept video is really close to actual gameplay. I get an almost TF2 style vibe from it and thats so cool.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
At $100 wasn't I supposed to get little mini robot figures or something? All it listed for mine was a t-shirt.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yay? Alpha, well I'll have fun watching this thing grow for sure. One question, has anyone gotten their t-shirts or any of that crap yet? I thought those were going out shortly after the close of the Kickstarter, but I haven't gotten mine and they have my address and everything in my uber account.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Malek posted:

The anger on this on the Steam Forums over the price is hilarious.

Also looks like they're getting a bunch of "early access reviews" on Metacritic too over the price.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/planetary-annihilation

This really was a horrible decision.

I don't understand why? Its the same price as everyone else who got into Alpha, and I don't think that just because they've got early access on Steam should mean that other people should get it for cheaper. Not that interested in the game? Don't pay the price for early alpha, wait until its out. Super excited for a new TA style game? Pay extra to get to play it while its being worked on. Thats pretty much my exact thought process.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Giggily posted:

Oh hey, the 90 dollar Steam preorder has everything the 90 dollar Kickstarter tier has, except it also includes a digital artbook, but doesn't have the Kickstarter exclusive early access commander.

Gee, I sure am pissed that Uber is sticking to their earlier Kickstarter pricing for their Kickstarter game. :buddy:

Yea you also get a physical stuff shipped to you.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I guess they're adding factions now. I didn't see in the e-mail if they mention if factions were actually going to have different units/styles or what though. I hope this isn't just caving because the community was all "I want factions wah wah" because to me that seems like a waste of time.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Wynand posted:

Yep, I got it for free in a round about way from work. It feels wasted on me and I almost wish I hadn't got it. It is by all means playable but it really is very unfinished and awkward.

Really hope they fix up the UI and general clankyness of the interface.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I think the main and biggest failure to this games success is them figuring out a way to easily navigate a planet with a minimap or something. Its just too much of a pain in the rear end to keep track of all your poo poo on the planet without some kind of flat minimap style representation of the planet.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

concise posted:

I'm not really having this problem? What specifically are you trying to control that would be aided by a flattened minimap?

I have never had trouble in any of the previous TA/SC games, but playing on the planet I get turned around super easy and for me its easy to forget exactly where poo poo is and constantly zooming out and spinning the planet to find things is just tiring and just not fun(for me). It doesn't feel quite as fluid as zooming out and then quickly zooming in on something as it did in SC.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This game sucks and I was a kickstarter backer and probably because of this won't ever kickstart anything else again because I haven't gotten any of my backer bonuses and this game is poo poo.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
did anyone ever get their physical rewards for backing?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Has uber said anything at all about physical rewards? Jesus. Games been "released" for a while now. This Kickstarter has essentially made me never back anything ever again.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Its disappointing to hear the physical rewards are lovely. I still haven't gotten mine. This KS was pretty much the one that soured me on all Kickstarters forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I decided to actually try the game again. Why does everything look like I'm at the wrong resolution? All the menu options look blocky/pixelated and its fixed when I switch to windowed mode, but fullscreen is ugly as hell and there are no options for resolution?

• Locked thread