Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space
If they get the same guy that did the soundtrack for TA I will pay them. Otherwise I remain skeptical because supcom was such a mess.

Seriously though that's a really cool art style. The explosions especially are really nice. The control scheme should be interesting but it looks really workable.

Ok I just got to the part in their intro video where they launched reinforcements out of a giant cannon mounted on the loving moon. :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhEYvOYceNs

Watch that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

They're reusing quite a few unit art assets there. The aircraft are especially egregious (the big bomber just looks like a scaled up version of the other bomber, the what I assume is a gunship is just the other gunship with a fin added). I'm sure they're still really early in the process but this is basically the equivalent of a mod maker releasing untextured gun renders. I'm still really looking forward to this game but the excitement is definitely a bit tempered.

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

From the source blog post I linked with the pictures:

Gods forbid they let us see the behind-the-scenes process. :rolleyes:

It doesn't give a great impression if you don't read the post. Which is evident by the fact that they got a lot of the same questions\concerns that I had and had to amend the post. I guess they are already funded so who cares; you won't scare anyone off that just wants to see pictures.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So you'd rather have them give no updates on the game development at all until it looks good enough? You're right, it is like releasing untextured gun renders, but since that part is a necessary part of the production process and they're showing us every step along the way, what are you expecting?

I'm fine with giving updates, but there are a lot of nice looking units mixed in with an octagon with a lightning bolt on it. It's hard to reconcile if you're just looking at pictures.

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Do you find it hard to interact with people when they aren't telling you to shut up and to keep mopping the floor?

Why is this called for?

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

Well at least it's easy to tell it's the same studio that made smnc. :shobon:

• Locked thread