Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
What I love most about this is the whole playing on the curvature of the planet, Mario Galaxy style. I've been waiting for an RTS to do this forever, where I'm not on a flat map but a globe I can spin around and actually feel like I'm playing on an epic scale.

The whole positioning bases on moons and throwing asteroids around is really just the cherry on the three layer cake. Definitely donating to this, really hoping they meet their goal (though it does seem a bit high).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.

sgnl05 posted:

When I showed the kickstarter vid to a friend, pretty much his first reaction was "I hope you can build rocket boosters on other people's poo poo."

It's a pretty funny idea actually. Imagine sneaking a constructor onto another guy's planet and building a ton of boosters on an unoccupied part, along with some fixed defences. And then firing the boosters and launching the whole planet towards the sun as he frantically tries to wipe out your little base before his entire planet is incinerated.

I was also thinking last night about intercepting incoming asteroids. Scouted out the enemy's still-constructing thrusters? Build your own and smash your asteroid into his

God drat the possibilities for this game are endless and all so badass

edit: Research Super Thermal Suiting > Build Thrusters on the Sun :science:

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
Although space battles may be out, hopefully the idea of a "satellite" layer won't just include moons and other cosmic bodies but actual things you can throw up into orbit that circle around a planet.

Because this game is just begging for a slow-to-position Ion Cannon.

• Locked thread