Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

InterFaced posted:

He's also done the soundtrack for a ton of other games, including supcom I think. Nothing he's done since Total Annihilation has been half as good in my humble opinion.

My signed copy of the Skyrim soundtrack disagrees strongly with you.

Everything he's ever done is fantastic, which is why he's (unfortunately) probably beyond their payroll.

Very interested in this, and would put 15 in if I could afford it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

I want to see two players seize a large asteroid, each building their own boosters on it and play tug of war with it, trying to send it into the others' planet.

Welp, kicked $50 dollars into the project. Progress!

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 17, 2012

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

New plan: build a planet full of Big Bertha cannons in secret, then fly it in close and give the enemy base a full broadside.

Addendum to new plan: get an old-style admiral's hat and put it on when executing new plan.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Well, it looks like we're going to hit 1,300,000, but short of a big push, anyone else thing we're not likely to hit 1,500,000?

Still, very much looking forward to the game.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

SharpHawk posted:

Definitely wish I liked SC's look, I'd probably have played it a lot more than I did.

On a side note, does anyone remember how hilariously overpowered gunships were in SC2? As terrible as that game was, I have fond memories of single-handedly raping the entire enemy team in a 4v4 via gunship spam. The fact that each player you killed made you stronger thanks to the XP system was icing on the cake. By the time I got to the fourth player (I usually saved their best player for last) there were just nothing he could do against my overleveled gunship swarm, even if he'd only built AA units.

My personal favorite was scout ships over his base, locate the Anti-Nuke batteries, then launch a surgical strike with gunships. Once they were all gone, pull the gunships out and glass their base.

Then send the gunships back in to deal with any survivors.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

We've got Death Stars!

But 300,000 in 4 days is a bit too much to expect, and goes into the realm of 'hope'.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Dawnfire posted:

Also good to take note that they said they'd include paypal donations at the end, assuming it would be enough to reach the next goal. Wish they'd say how much they actually got through paypal, but at least it's something to keep in mind.

They should set up a secondary account and update it to include PayPal contributions regularly, so we can get a sense of how much was contributed through it.

Still, if we're projected to reach 6,000 short, I'd expect the last 6,000 to possibly be found on PayPal.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Well... there was either a big spurt of donations or I'm going crazy, because we're at 1.65 million, which I think is 100,000 more than we had this morning.

We're only 150,000 dollars from the Galactic War.

The last two stretch goals are 2M for a full orchestral score (done by the same orchestra that did TA and Halo) and 2.1M for a documentary about making the game to be made.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

150k to go now with over two days left. The last day or two always sees a large surge in backers, in every kickstarter project. It seems pretty likely they'll make it to 1.8m

I... see.

This is the first game I've actively followed on Kickstarter, but the fact that between the time I went to bed and the time I woke up they made another 50k proves to me that yes, we will reach Galactic War, and Orchestra is within reach (don't really give a drat about documentary).

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

This is the first kickstarter I've actively followed, as I said before.

I had no clue that the final days would see such a massive push. Like, 115,000 dollars today sort of push.

If this keeps up tomorrow and the next day, we'll have Orchestra for sure and be well on the way to Documentary.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

These guys have to have the biggest grin on their faces. They achieved their first goal, and every stretch goal.

Congrats, Uber. Now all you have to do is deliver.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Did they ever reveal how much they had through PayPal? Just out of curiosity.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

This is the first Kickstarter I've funded, so it's fun to watch a game that I've already bought get developed.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

One of my strategies on SupCom was I literally set up 4 T3 land factories with a few Support Commanders assisting on each one, making T3 bots to swarm the enemy base on an eternal loop. Did it work? No, but it forced him to divert enough attention to it for me to bring my T3 artillery online.

I'm a dirty casual and I'm sure I'll get my rear end handed to me, but I'll have fun doing it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Giggily posted:

A singleplayer campaign is one of the announced features.

Isn't it more Total War style rather than the traditional TA/SupCom style? Except randomly generated.

I'm happy after I get my hopes and dreams crushed with multiplayer I'll have the comforting embrace of singleplayer to retreat to.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, this was a terrible, terrible decision, especially because generally, when a game releases an 'alpha' version, it's cheaper than the full version will be (see Arma 3).

This is the exact opposite.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Can't wait to get my key and mess around with PA tonight. Any other newbies joining in here?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

No idea how they're sending it out, randomly, alphabetically, by pledge, by redemption date, whatever, something. Got mine, came right at 2 PST, so it could be they're doing slow roll outs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

The higher prices were, I think, to be fair to those of us who Kickstarted it. "Hey, we're really happy you paid $90 dollars for alpha access, but we're offering it at the same time to new people for $20!", since early access games generally tend to start out cheap and go up in price.

I personally wouldn't have minded beyond a little annoyance settled off by a half-hearted shrug, but it would have been a little unfair.

VVV That much, we can agree on.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 4, 2013

• Locked thread