Problem description: I have been unable to view any video on youtube for about a day now. Whenever I click on a link, it just gives me the text "An error occurred. Please try again later." This is on multiple browsers (Chrome, 21.0.1180.79 m - and IE8, 8.0.7601.17514) and computers (same browsers and versions).
Since the trouble persists over multiple browsers and computers, and the fixes (detailed below) that I attempted didn't work, I suspect the root of the problem is hidden in either my router, or at my ISP. Unfortunately, I have no idea how I should proceed in that case.
Also, as a note, all other video streaming sites work just fine. Blip, Dailymotion, even the creepy pornsites.
Attempted fixes: Since the problem exists on several computers, I've only tried fixes on my main laptop. Also, since I've never used IE8 on my laptop until today, I've left it untouched.
1. Restarted chrome - no change. Rebooted computer - no change.
2. I tried clearing chrome's browser history, cache, cookies; everything except saved passwords - no change.
3. I tried opting into youtube's HTML5 trial. This does not show the same error message, but the video never actually loads. Opted out again of HTML5, and the error message returns.
4. I've uninstalled Adobe's flash player, but this had no effect. Nor did reinstalling.
Recent changes: I updated Adobe Flash Player some days ago.
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1 (64 bit)
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5742G
* CPU: Intel Core i5 M480 @ 2.67 GHz
* RAM: 4 GB
* Video: GeForce GT 540M - 2 GB
Router: SMC Networks ADSL Barricade g
I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. I also browsed all the HoTS pages, but I couldn't find any relevant thread.
Nevermind, the problem has resolved itself. I'll be damned if I know what caused it, though.
|# ? Aug 16, 2012 18:50|
|# ? May 24, 2013 12:54|