Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I've heard that these games are hand-copied and illuminated by monastic scribes and each copy takes 15 years to prepare and costs a village and a half, is it true and why?

VVV: Yes you did. But it's still a good subject to address if you're making a new 18XX thread.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tekopo posted:

So you end up with deep thought games costing upwards of $50 (potentially more) and since it's literally one guy and there's a backlog, it take 7-11 months to order a game.
Is there some way I can send the guy his markup and just get a set to print & play?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'll just leave it here:

Maybe it's old news, but I found a 1886 graphic remake by Carthaginian of BGG fame. As I have a pet peeve with good games with crappy graphics, this looks much better.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Would love running commentary when available. I think I would enjoy following a game more than playing one. :v:
Seconding this. Running commentary please? :ohdear:

• Locked thread