Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
Ya just can't beat the South for :ohdear:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your satisfaction is my goal! and your pets safety is my priority,I offer most cuts and shaves. All grooming includes bath,haircut or shave, ear clean,nail trim and dematt if needed. i can also paint nails:) all for $25. no dogs over 40 pounds please.. call,text or email 615-900-6722 "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All that plus a bald pet with a balloon head for only $25.00? Sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

adventure in the sandbox posted:

This dog had a really great ad, I actually emailed the people to tell them how awesome they are.

But the title is Great Dane x Healer (sic).

Yep that's sure a mix, def not a pure Dane.

I wish my "Healer" could actually heal things.

Also thats so obviously a harlequin dane.

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

I can't decide how I feel about this, there's just too much to take in.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

wtftastic posted:

Also thats so obviously a harlequin dane.

Blue Merle. Harlequins are the black on white, not blue/gray. I dunno. I'd have to actually see the dog standing to say full dane or just really high percentage. It looks kinda wide in that laying down picture. :ohdear: Maybe it's just super fat. It looks happy as gently caress though. From those pictures I'd say dane.

And that breeder ad is painful.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/pet/3240066525.html

Sorry for the link, I will try to get a screenshot up of it later tonight! I am sure specifically marketing to broke college students is the smart way to go.

I do think his ice habits are cute though :3:

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Amberlyn posted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your satisfaction is my goal! and your pets safety is my priority,I offer most cuts and shaves. All grooming includes bath,haircut or shave, ear clean,nail trim and dematt if needed. i can also paint nails:) all for $25. no dogs over 40 pounds please.. call,text or email 615-900-6722 "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:psyduck:

Will skin your dog for cheap! Won't bother to groom its head either!

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Greycious posted:

:psyduck:

Will skin your dog for cheap! Won't bother to groom its head either!

"But that part is hard to do with my $30 one-length clippers from Petco! :saddowns:"

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

:smith:

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Four girl what? :confused:

E:

I mean I'd guess it was just a bad grasp of the english language, but the four translators I ran that spanish through have no idea what the hell that's saying either.

It's because she's using "netspeak," at least I'm guessing it's a she based on the way they type.

It says "Hello I have a small six month old toy poodle that needs a good home. I divorced and I don't want to give her to a kennel. Please help me find a good home, I am requesting 40 dollars for rehoming, thank you."

Cuatal fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 1, 2012

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Blue Merle. Harlequins are the black on white, not blue/gray. I dunno. I'd have to actually see the dog standing to say full dane or just really high percentage. It looks kinda wide in that laying down picture. :ohdear: Maybe it's just super fat. It looks happy as gently caress though. From those pictures I'd say dane.

They also had this picture:

He needs a new home because a dog attacked him, and now he's dog aggressive (intact by the way) :( The ad is so great, I don't know why such a seemingly-knowledgeable person would need to rehome her dog.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Definitely a dane, with that picture. Why would you even say it's a mix? BYBs go nuts for intact merles because :downs: "they look exotic and make exotic looking puppies!". You know, nevermind that the merle gene can gently caress the breed up. Gotta sell them pups! Gonna make me some bluequine fawndrles and charge $1500. :cripes: That someone will buy and breed and augh.

Here's an ad for the pibble people:

So if the dog doesn't turn heads everywhere he goes and litearlly stop traffic does that mean I can get my money back?

E:

:patriot:

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 1, 2012

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

A mini pig with mini pig papers from mini pig breeder... that can high-five AND has 105 friends on Facebook?! I'm totally sold.

Actually I'm just really confused.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Currawong posted:

A mini pig with mini pig papers from mini pig breeder... that can high-five AND has 105 friends on Facebook?! I'm totally sold.

Actually I'm just really confused.

I....I want him. I want the mini-papered-high-fiving-mini-pig. Does that make me a terrible person? :(

shipwrecks
Dec 31, 2008

Seeing fat ACDs just makes my heart break; I just want to snap her up and slim her down. No wonder she's not "hyper" - she's loving obese. :(

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Amberlyn posted:

I....I want him. I want the mini-papered-high-fiving-mini-pig. Does that make me a terrible person? :(

Nah, I actually kinda want him, too. He looks like a pretty rad little pig. :3: Oops, I mean mini pig.

Here's one of the lovely nonsense posts that tend to pop up:

What the gently caress is "cux yet" :psyduck:

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Currawong posted:

Nah, I actually kinda want him, too. He looks like a pretty rad little pig. :3: Oops, I mean mini pig.

Here's one of the lovely nonsense posts that tend to pop up:

What the gently caress is "cux yet" :psyduck:

I was thinking the same thing. :iiam:

Here, have a...what did the posting say?.....oh yeah! Have a "winnie dog."

skellycakes
Dec 2, 2005

mediocre!

Amberlyn posted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a groomer, that picture terrifies me. You can see how red her skin is. That woman (man?) must have shaved that dog with a 30 or 40 (read: surgical blade that should only be used for SURGERY or on the bottoms of the feet). What the christ.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Centigrade posted:

Seeing fat ACDs just makes my heart break; I just want to snap her up and slim her down. No wonder she's not "hyper" - she's loving obese. :(

I stopped looking at ACD/heeler ads because 99% of them are by people who let them get super obese or did zero research into the breed and are getting rid of them because they're acting like ACDs are supposed to.

(also I can feel my resolve not to get Max a red heeler friend slowly waning :ssh:)

The ad I came here to post got taken down before I could get a screenshot, but the basic gist of it was the local humane society directer got super pissed at a volunteer for taking dogs from the humane society's kill shelter and placing them in no kill shelter and the director actually took them out of the no kill shelters and put them back in the humane society kill shelter. Said volunteer posted a screenshot of the email saying all this in a really unprofessional manner. I really wish I'd gotten a screen grab before it got deleted, this lady seems pretty far off her rocker. I actually feel bad for giving this organization money when I adopted Max from them now.

Edit: There's a pug/german shepherd mix on the local craigslist. :catstare: How does that even happen?

Problem! fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 3, 2012

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

What's up with people on craigslist bringing personal drama to the pet listings? I recently got into an argument with someone on there but I never posted directly onto the board. On the other hand it's pretty cool when it reveals some hosed up things going on in supposedly "professional" settings.

Another question: why is every tabby cat on craigslist a "purebred Bengal"

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Bear Rape posted:

Another question: why is every tabby cat on craigslist a "purebred Bengal"

For the same reason every DLH is a "Maine Coon" or every colorpoint cat is a "Siamese." People prefer exotic breeds that sound cool, but they're too stupid too know if they even got the real thing.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I never realized this thread existed. Now that I do I'll have to start contributing things from the fish world. I can't do reptiles. Looking at the reptiles on Craigslist is far too depressing.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"So Ian rehoming my 7 week olds Chihuahua 1 St generagion puppy's there is a rehoming fee please email me

There's 3 puppy's sorry about the mom being in the picture"

You want to "rehome" 3 puppy's? (sic) Really? With the Mom right there? Hmmmm....sounds more like breeding and selling to me, but what do I know? Someone who uses the english language as well as you do MUST be more knowledgeable than I. :byodood:

jrr
Sep 13, 2007
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Amberlyn posted:

"So Ian rehoming my 7 week olds Chihuahua 1 St generagion puppy's there is a rehoming fee please email me

There's 3 puppy's sorry about the mom being in the picture"

What's a first generation puppy? What were they before, giraffes?

Also, thanks a lot, thread. I was looking at craigslist for good material and I stumbled on an ad for this guy:
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21207328
I already have two cats. Two cats is enough cats...

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Found this while looking through the wanted section, not pets. I want to know the story here. "Taken" by whom? The lister wants to either say goodbye or "maybe" buy him back, but it doesn't seem to matter? Poor old horse.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Found this while looking through the wanted section, not pets. I want to know the story here. "Taken" by whom? The lister wants to either say goodbye or "maybe" buy him back, but it doesn't seem to matter? Poor old horse.

My bet is that it belonged to a kid/teenager who didn't care for it well enough and the parents sold it. When kid realized the parents sold their horse they went all "a bloo bloo bloo you took my horse!!" and vowed to get it back and posted this ad.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Guys, GUYS. Did you know crossing a blue nose pit and a red nose pit will get you... a ~purple nose pit~?!?!? :smug:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pet/3258248497.html

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Skizzles posted:

Guys, GUYS. Did you know crossing a blue nose pit and a red nose pit will get you... a ~purple nose pit~?!?!? :smug:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pet/3258248497.html

Hey, the ad says to ask for Spaz. Seriously? I wonder, is that the name of the owner or the dog?

Here's the dog in question. With the amount of focus they placed on the nose issue in the ad, one would think they'd want you to have a clear shot of it. Apparently not.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
ask for Spaz

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

The local animal shelter is advertising a black house cat as an Exotic Miniature House Panther, obviously as a joke to get people to click the ad.

I wonder how many idiots will take them seriously and go around bragging about their miniature house panther to all their friends.

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

The local animal shelter is advertising a black house cat as an Exotic Miniature House Panther, obviously as a joke to get people to click the ad.

I wonder how many idiots will take them seriously and go around bragging about their miniature house panther to all their friends.

There's a Geico insurance tv ad where a couple adopts a "rescue panther" to save money on home security; I'm guessing this is a riff on that. Some friends of mine happened to adopt a black cat who really does have the facial structure of a panther to the point where multiple people have (obviously jokingly) commented that they adopted a miniature rescue panther.

Content:

quote:

5 formally feral kittens were rescued from certain torture with stun gun by neighborhood bully, need foster care until permanent homes can be found. 8 weeks old, healthy, sweet and a little scared. will provide guidelines on how to safely socialize kittens.

:stare:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

"I just bought a pitbull puppy yesterday she's beautiful and a month old but my parents are bitching that they don't wanna let me keep her so Ima have to get rid of her if interested-"

The way that jerk is holding her, I'm glad they're "getting rid" of her.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Pit bull = kitten! :downs:

Can someone decipher this for me?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

There's a black and tan male dog that she's been feeding that she suspects was lost, or it was dropped off. She's an elderly lady and can't keep feeding the stray, so please, someone come and get it, because she doesn't really care what happens to the dog, so long as she doesn't have to feel obligated to feed it anymore. Or it's her dog and she's using it as an excuse to get rid of it.

I mean, on the piss poor income most 84 year olds have, I can kinda understand.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I had no idea what it meant so thanks for clearing that up.

There's been someone on my local CL who has rehomed at least 5 different rabbits and keeps seeking more. Ugh.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Speaking of rabbits....this local person keeps posting. They have multiple "cute" breeds and rescues and wouldn't you know, also tons of mixed breed babies all the time. Here's a prime example:

One of their more recent ad states, in part:

quote:

We have very many rescues available right now and picking up more this evening, over 50 rabbits are in need of loving homes... I charge $10 for one or $15 for two so I can afford to feed all of the rescues. Donations of food, bedding, hay, cages, bottles, dishes, toys are appreciated...I will also take donations as payment for rescues if you would want to trade. The pictures below are just some of what I have right now, I also have non rescues which cost a little more, 2 male mini lops $20 each or two for $35 and pedigreed mini rex, $35 each with papers or $60 for both and they are does...some of the rescues [not including the 40-50 i pick up tonight] include

* 2 Male Lionhead Mix - Wrex & Marshmallow[$10 FOR 1/ $15 FOR 2]

* 4 Male mixed Rabbits [$10 FOR 1/ $15 FOR 2]

* Male lop mix- solid black- Jack Junior [$10]

***The rescues I get tonight will mostly be lionhead, cotton tail, lop mixes, some carry more of one trait than the other, all look different, all ar usually tame, this is not the first time i have picked up rescues from this facility.... I will also be picking up dutch rabbits and bunnies, not sure if they are moxed or not but all will need home and if you can prove you can care for them, i may let some go to good homes for free***

Certainly, I have nothing against rabbit breeders. I have nothing against breeders doing rescue. But there are so many things going on here...

We have ratty rabbits, cheap purebreds, tons of mixed breeds. I think these are the same people who used to offer to pick up free rabbits. And she also posts her phone number, e-mail, and website in each ad. Did I mention her website apparently has a map TO HER HOUSE?

There's a lot going on here and none of it is good.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

That just screams rabbit milling operation. Which sucks because 1. rabbits are so nervous that putting a bunch in a hutch will make them go insane and 2. rabbits are not good "kid pets" and that's usually why people buy them in the first place. :( I can just imagine a little girl trying to introduce two rabbits and getting torn up in the process.

Question about craigslist stuff: who do you report obviously illegal animal things to on there? Someone on my local CL keeps reposting ads for selling baby box turtles and some other animals that are illegal to sell or posses in the state of SC unless you're an educational institution.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Pew! Pew! posted:

Question about craigslist stuff: who do you report obviously illegal animal things to on there? Someone on my local CL keeps reposting ads for selling baby box turtles and some other animals that are illegal to sell or posses in the state of SC unless you're an educational institution.

My first thought would be to try your state's DNR (1-800-922-5431 is the number to report violations), since it's illegal use of native species. If they aren't the ones to handle it, I'm sure they can at least point you in the right direction.

And hey, maybe you can net some cash out of it!
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/law/OGT.html

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"We have a short hair ckc male teacup Chihuahua puppy Avaliable. He will be very small and is ready to go to a new home. He is greyvand is the right puppy in the picture. He is $400 and may be open to trades for tools or other Stuff. We are located in Portland mi Please call 516-610-4586 no emails please we do not have internet so they will not be returned."

I assume "he is the right puppy in the picture" means he is the puppy on the right hand side, rather than he is the correct puppy.

Also, trade for tools? What?

As they "don't have internet" (even though they managed to post the picture and the ad) I don't know why they'd prefer tools to the money to get internet. But that's just me.

gently caress! I can't get the picture sized smaller. Arrgghh!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amberlyn fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 17, 2012

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
The ads offering to trade animals for things always weird me out. Especially when it's for other animals. I've seen bird listings that list a rehoming fee... but are also willing to trade for other birds of a different species. :wtc: I can see that for fish and I guess herps too, but birds?

There's also some guy frequently trying to get rid of budgies who is willing to accept birdseed as payment instead of money. Birdseed ain't rare or expensive, dude, just take the rehoming fee and buy more seed :psyduck: And I guess that means he's overrun with budgies or keeps breeding them or something?

There seems to be some misconception (at least with small species?) that if you have a pair of birds, you HAVE to give them a nest box, and then you HAVE to let them keep and incubate and hatch the eggs they lay. So people are like "I have tons of finches now and they just keep making more and I don't know what to do about it :saddowns: So I'm giving them away, but be prepared for them to keep multiplying!" Ugh, just stop giving them a nest or give them dummy eggs or something arrgghhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Just saw an ad on craigslist looking to rehome a chinchilla. I was expecting the worst but the person seemed to have good intentions and the chinchilla seemed happy and healthy in the first few pictures.

Then this picture was attached:

A chinchilla. Outside. On a leash. :stare: My chins would escape so fast if I tried to take them outside, that collar must be on that poor thing's neck so tight :(

If I had space I'd adopt her so fast but I'm already pushing it with two chinchilla mansions in my living room :(

• Locked thread