Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Wow, this is all so different from the PSX version I played years ago (and looks generally more user-friendly and interesting all around).

So you need special skills to recruit now? Bummer. Whenever I played I recruited a couple Ghosts ASAP and used them to cheese so many early battles. They were pretty good spellcasters, they had decent evasion, they could teleport to ignore terrain, and they were unkillable by virtually all enemy groups. I think undead revived the round immediately after they were killed in the original game, so you could send out two ghosts and have them cause havok while the enemy team futilely tried to kill them over and over again.

Come to think of it, I used undead to cheese Ogre Battle: MotBQ too, since they pretty much couldn't be hurt at all in that game.

tl;dr: Get a ghost! even if they're lamer in this version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Your characters don't DIE when they're knocked out? Shenanigans!

Also, I think Nybeth made some much stronger arguments than Donnalto, there. I might have to side with the necromancer.

• Locked thread