Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nito looks way cooler when his cloak doesn't render.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I went to fight Gwyndolin and died. Now the big pillar in the center of Anor Londo is stuck at the lowest setting, and because I killed Gwynevere and the fire keeper, I got sent to the OG bonfire near the AL entrance when I died. Did I just screw myself out of fighting Gwyndolin? I can't see any way to get back down to the tomb where she's hiding.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Popular Human posted:

I went to fight Gwyndolin and died. Now the big pillar in the center of Anor Londo is stuck at the lowest setting, and because I killed Gwynevere and the fire keeper, I got sent to the OG bonfire near the AL entrance when I died. Did I just screw myself out of fighting Gwyndolin? I can't see any way to get back down to the tomb where she's hiding.

You should still be able to warp back to the bonfire in front of Gwyndolin if I remember right. However you made it harder since you killed the fire keeper and so can't interact with the bonfire you awaken at when you die. You'll have to return to Sen's each time and warp back to the other bonfire from there.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Regy Rusty posted:

You should still be able to warp back to the bonfire in front of Gwyndolin if I remember right. However you made it harder since you killed the fire keeper and so can't interact with the bonfire you awaken at when you die. You'll have to return to Sen's each time and warp back to the other bonfire from there.
I think you can only warp to that bonfire if you're in the covenant, but I'm not sure. If that's the case you can always access the elevator the same way you did the very first time - by going through the cathedral and pulling the lever to bring it up to the highest position.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Popular Human posted:

You can run to the first bonfire in the Duke's Archives and warp to Gwyndolin's bonfire from there. It's a bit annoying, but it doesn't take much time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Weapon-wise? No. It does crank your resistances up by like 40%, though, so you can hold it while going through Blighttown and never get poisoned. Hilariously, the Gargoyle Axe seems to scale with Resistance: 50-99 RES with two Gargoyle Axes and the Poisonbite ring makes you effectively immune to poison.

It's a good weapon. It's the only Axe with good dex scaling so if you're a dex build wanting to use an Axe or Hammer class weapon (I mention both since they have similar movesets) it's fantastic. Pretty good damage + reach plus it looks cool. It looks hilarious if you slap CMW on it.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

All this axe talk got me playing again.

:black101:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I decided to try a Faith character for once on a whim, and join sunbros so I could get my lightning spears. Now that I've joined I can't get any summons going :saddowns: I mean I wasn't getting tons before either but I was still getting quite a bit more than now, even last night at 2:30 AM. Since joining I've only been summoned once in an hour of staying tabbed out and browsing poo poo even though this should be pretty much prime time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I decided to boot up Dark Souls again because I got the urge to play it and now it refuses to boot. :(

I reinstalled the game entirely, tried running with and without DSFix and nothing. It just flat out crashes on start up right when the steam overlay message shows up. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

try disabling the steam overlay

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Awesome! posted:

try disabling the steam overlay

Doesn't do a thing. Still crashes, but now I can't use the steam overlay to gauge about when it stops responding.

Edit: Verifying the cache tells me one file needs to be reacquired but steam doesn't try to download anything.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 25, 2015

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Have you updated your steam client?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man, either DS EU is dead as gently caress, or I'm having connection troubles. Yesterday I could barely get summoned (about 15 times in 8 hours for O&S) to earn my Sunlight Medals, today I've spent hours and hours in various places in Anor Londo with the Blue Eye Orb and Darkmoon ring and haven't been able to invade even a single time. Thing is, it felt decent before I decided to actually try PvPing - when I was human I'd get invaded decently much, there were always several summon-signs near bosses and bonfires, etc. But now that I'm trying to participate I can't get anything going and it's really loving boring.

I guess I could do Darkwraiths for more consistency but I want to grab Darkmoon blade and I don't want to do New Londo.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So this is a thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectorsofPriscilla/comments/2t424f/code_for_defending/

I guess its good to have hobbies?

Orv
May 4, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Doesn't do a thing. Still crashes, but now I can't use the steam overlay to gauge about when it stops responding.

Edit: Verifying the cache tells me one file needs to be reacquired but steam doesn't try to download anything.

I had this one time after a ton of loving with DSFix and various stuff, and it was some deep driver conflict level nonsense that only eventually fixed itself with a reformat. :smith:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

wow...

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Any fix for that summon sign crash yet?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Installing PVP Watchdog should do the trick. Unless the latest update broke it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I BEAT ORNESTEIN AND SMOUGH! It took me three nights, but I finally managed to do it. After the first night I realized I needed more reach, so I used the crystal halberd but got worried about durability, so I raised my halberd to +10. Second night wasn't that good, so I watched Zain's let's play and that was super helpful. I also watched a guy beat it with voice commands... that wasn't so helpful.

Anyways, I figured out/remembered if I ran out of estus flasks I can always use humanity to heal. So I ended up with super-Smaug, 3 estus flasks, and used 5 humanities but I did it!!!!!!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

This got linked in IRC and holy poo poo is it amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVKOn_drsMA

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Toe socks are weird.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Genocyber posted:

This got linked in IRC and holy poo poo is it amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVKOn_drsMA

Holy poo poo, that turned out to be incredible.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Uhhhh...

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysdark

They actually managed to get their equipment, but are now stuck trying to get up the stairs so they can get at oscar

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
As hilarious as that joke is for 5 minutes i kinda wonder if there's some sort of restriction to make it work. Although i doubt even going all out with godmode+1 hit kills would be enough.

there's already a meme building around the Dark Sign item being the new helix fossil/"down", because of course there is

Orv
May 4, 2011
Pokemon was only possible because of the simplicity and the turn based element. The only way this goes anywhere is when everyone gets bored of being stuck in the asylum and most leave. Even then the lag alone probably won't let them kill a boss.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
this is fascinating: they've been trying to open a door for several minutes.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
THE DOOR IS OPEN!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Jesus Christ. I read that Twitch plays thread on reddit and found out that someone had beaten the game with 1) rock band guitar 2) rock band drums and 3) voice commands.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Smol posted:

Jesus Christ. I read that Twitch plays thread on reddit and found out that someone had beaten the game with 1) rock band guitar 2) rock band drums and 3) voice commands.

And a piano and Donkey Konga bongos.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tarezax posted:

Uhhhh...

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysdark

They actually managed to get their equipment, but are now stuck trying to get up the stairs so they can get at oscar

Excellent.

They're not gonna ever get out of the asylum. :getin:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Is that online PC?

You just know people are going to try and invade that.

And probably inflict curse.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

18 hour pool party and counting.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tallgeese posted:

Is that online PC?

You just know people are going to try and invade that.

And probably inflict curse.
Time to start up a second Twitch Plays DS channel and hope they coincidentally invade each other for the ultimate duel.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That's an appallingly dumb idea and I don't know why there are over 9,000 people trying to make it work. Even if there was no delay instead of the 40 seconds or whatever awful amount twitch is at right now, it would be basically impossible.

Pokemon worked because there were only 4 directions they could move and then menu controls, and most importantly it wasn't a real time game. That meant they could use democracy to get through the parts that needed actual precision (once they got enough of a supermajority to beat the horde of anarchy bots, at least). But that's not possible for a real time game like this.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Time to start up a second Twitch Plays DS channel and hope they coincidentally invade each other for the ultimate duel.

The end boss is the other twitch plays channel. The 6-hour stalemate is finally broken when one of them somehow gets into the menu and ends up equipping dung pies before furiously throwing all of them to toxify itself.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 14, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
relax, it's a joke

being dumb and impossible is the entire point

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

That's an appallingly dumb idea and I don't know why there are over 9,000 people trying to make it work. Even if there was no delay instead of the 40 seconds or whatever awful amount twitch is at right now, it would be basically impossible.

Pokemon worked because there were only 4 directions they could move and then menu controls, and most importantly it wasn't a real time game. That meant they could use democracy to get through the parts that needed actual precision (once they got enough of a supermajority to beat the horde of anarchy bots, at least). But that's not possible for a real time game like this.

No, there's about 5 people trying to make it work and 9000 people trying to roll around in the pool.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

OMG, apparently they managed to exit the game and start a new one. The stream is currently in character creation.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apparently they managed to remove the keybind for the b button, which means they're trapped somewhere in the vicinity of nasolabial fold options

truly above and beyond all expectations

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 15, 2015

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tollymain posted:

apparently they managed to remove the keybind for the b button, which means they're trapped somewhere in the vicinity of nasolabial fold options

truly above and beyond all expectations

It's kind of entrancing in a way. And I just want to point out that the timer in the top corner has a Years place.

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 16, 2015

• Locked thread