Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Attention Horse posted:

You can do something like that in Arma 2 (set the render resolution to 1024x768 and the output resolution to 1920x1080), and it looks like a lovely, blurry mess.

Can't wait :rolleyes:.

Oh yeah Arma 2 that ultra realistic simulator of getting stuck trying to lift people up and dragging them away, only for some reason it got stuck on the lifting part. Arma 2 is a really lovely game unless the stars align in such a way that the engine doesn't poo poo itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Attention Horse posted:

What? I'm not saying anything about the quality of Arma 2 (even though I love it to death). I'm saying that when you're rendering at two different resolutions you're gonna have a lovely looking game.

I know that I just don't like Arma 2.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Unbeknowsnt posted:

In knowing this you would think outsourcing the PC port to a more knowledgeable company would of been worthwhile.

Pretty sure we are lucky to actually have it released on the PC. I don't want to sound like Phil Fish but a lot of Japanese developers and publishers are rather closed minded. There really is more to life than Monster Hunter on a Sony product.

Hopefully they will open their minds a little and realise that us western people kinda like their games too.

As long as it is not Final Fantasy IVXXVII. :yawn:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Cool, you can pre-load it on Steam. I'll probably be asleep when it actually unlocks though.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

Another video for anybody who may have enjoyed YATTA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13fCKP6hB4

It is another insightful video into the crapshoot world that is Dark Souls.

....... so G to taunt yeah? Think I got it.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
So it's best to use application settings in the Ati CCC right? Shame I wouldn't mind a little bit of AA.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Noob report:

So I got to that armoured pig/boar thing, beat all the undead and got behind him on that little walkway above, thought I'd be clever and throw firebombs down on him. Threw one and promptly fell off of the ledge and landed right in front of him. He rammed me and I died in one hit.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Finally the Havok physics have done what I thought would have been happening from the start: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976223492/screenshot/939253348098603184?tab=public

The only enemy that has managed to get stuck to a wall after I killed them. Usually they just stick to my feet.

I think I'm addicted to this game, just farming some Tritanite shards in the Parish until I grow large enough testicles to try and beat the gargoyles again.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Zylen posted:

What's the deal with unhollowing and PvP? Everytime I've tried it to see what it's like to summon/be summoned, within 5-10 minutes the same guy invades my game and kills me in ~3 rapid hits while I do next to no damage to him. I normally enjoy PvP, but I just kind of don't see the point in bothering with humanity when it's like that.

I had that problem yesterday when trying to use the two NPC summons to fight with me against the gargoyles.

That's the only time I need to unhollow for now. I know I can summon other players to help me with the boss but I want to do it solo on my first try, not have some twink steamroll it for me.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
So I rang the first bell, time to go down I guess. About time, I was stuck on those gargoyles for loving ages.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Stele007 posted:

i7 2600k
Radeon HD 6950
8GB memory, don't remember the clock speed

How much ram does your Radeon have?

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Being a noob I have no idea what the gently caress you lot are talking about, I'll just back away slowly.

fake edit: with my shield up.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

Oh and I also said no to the cat in the forest by accident, i guess i'm screwed out of the forest covenant right?

You can talk to a cat in a forest? Well this game is going to be the best I have played since Skyrim. :colbert:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Woohoo I got a Dark Knight sword... now I have to level up to actually use it.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Stokes posted:

Have you guys figured out that GreenBuckanneer is trolling you all yet?

For a new player he certainly knows the names of everything.

drat you Wiki.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I only know about bowing because of this thread as I was a complete newbie to Dark Souls. I never played the PS3 version.

Had a nice message from one player after he beat me easily though. There are some good people about. I bowed after making sure he did first. :colbert:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Orv posted:

You don't get told if they get whacked. I don't bother most of the time, but I do occasionally, because Darkbros need some fun too.

I forgot about the indictments, what do the Invaders get out of it? I've forgotten already.

To be fair my PvP is so bad so far that they kind of deserve to get something out of it.

VVV Ah right. Cheers. VVV

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 31, 2012

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

I said come in! posted:

If it makes you feel better I did this samething today. It was awful.

I haven't read any guides for Dark Souls (apart from looking up where the heck to go after ringing the first bell in the Parish) so I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing 90% of the time. Most fun I've had gaming for a bit. First Sleeping Dogs and then this, been a good few weeks for PC gaming. Bought Darksiders II off of Steam but it just can't hold my interest until I finish Dark Souls.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I'm such a child, just realised you can leave messages that just contain the words: need head.

:laugh:

I apologise in advance.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Pfft, The Depths? Why are people afraid of the depths?

Is that a monitor lizard? Ooh... that's not a lizard... why has he got a huge hole in his chest full of teeth? :stare: Oh poo poo he just picked me up and tried to eat me with his toothy chest mouth. :cry:

I'll just run down to this end and.... *slides down waterfall and dies*

I think I'll just head back to the Burg for a little while. :gonk:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Brother Scrotum posted:

If you kill enough enemies when the boss of the area is still alive, you get liquid humanity.

Huh, I didn't know that, I never seem to stop learning something new about this game.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Megalixir posted:

Red mage guy didn't drop the Key to the Seal for me

Anyone know how to edit items? I have the key to the sorcery guy in Lower Burg which I rescued, and no longer need. I could probably overwrite that, if I knew how.

I don't want to cheat, I just want to actually be able to progress. :smith:

Isn't that what the lost and found chest is for?

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

VisAbsoluta posted:

Is this supposed to be less or more performance intensive?

readme.txt

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Well my game just got gorgeous. I set SMAA to medium and it looks so much better.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Catsplosion posted:

It's easier to do by getting the drake sword, getting naked and dodging his attacks. The animations are really easy to dodge and he dies after 3/4 backstabs.

The first time I saw him running up the stairs after me I thought he was holding a huge dildo. :stare:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

r3v3n4nt posted:

I'm really on the fence about buying this. I've watched the first episodes of a couple LPs and it looks like a good time, but the OP makes it sound like I need to be a hacker to get this game to run as good on my 2012 PC as it does on a 2006 console.

I'd like to play it now, but not if it's going to run shittier than on a stupid PS3. Should I just wait for the Steam Christmas sale?

Also, cheater-invaders make the PC version sound like a blast!

The DSFIX is entirely optional. It does make the game a lot better looking though. All you have to do is copy a couple of files over to the appropriate folder and edit a couple of lines for the resolution of your choice. If I can do it I'm pretty sure even a chimp could do the same.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

novak posted:

Yes! Can't believe I didn't think of that.

Thanks!

Well that is on my list of things to buy then. I did have a part of the world just not load into memory for some reason in the Undead Burg, so I had to quit and reload. If I'd just gone running in without paying attention I'm pretty sure I would have been stuck.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I've been running around with my Wolf Ring unequipped for hours. :bang:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Getting stuck up against the wall fighting the Capra Demon sucks, I've beaten him before but I think my Xbox controller is acting funky, it keeps cutting out in between walk and run. Doubt I can fix it so I guess it's time to buy another one. I do have a couple of wireless ones but I'd need to buy a dongle anyway so meh.

eh: beat him the second time anyway, forgot I had 40 odd firebombs on my person. :D

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 6, 2012

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Just used my very first indictment against someone that firebombed me in the depths. After a while I had the noise and animation of my Estus flask replenishing. Only it did it twice. Is that what happens when the person I indicted gets killed? If not I don't know what the hell happened. Please send me a torch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
So I have an eye of death, I looted it off of something or other in the Depths. Seems like it is designed for PvP. I want to use it for mischief. I'd better read the wiki as the descriptions are so vague in dark souls.

• Locked thread