Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I've been getting summoned pretty regularly in the 10-20 range for Bell Gargoyles, even got invaded by a blue phantom when I popped into Anor Londo. Usually cap out at 20 nodes according to the watchdog. I don't think people are cooping that much past the early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

DOOP posted:

Whenever I boot up the game, it runs great for 5 minutes then the framerate just tanks horribly.

How do I get more frames?

I assume you have DSFix installed.

On my machine (AMD CPU, NVIDIA graphics), I get really lovely performance unless I go into the NVIDIA control panel and change the global 3D settings. Not sure if any particular settings matter, or if just overriding the game's settings is what helps, but mess around in there until it gets better. Hopefully it's similar if you have an AMD/ATi card.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Downs Duck posted:

^Awesome :)

Question: I cant' get Big Hat to show up after Seath. I HAVE one of all spells he sells, but do I have to buy spells from him that I already have, for him to show up? Quitting and reloading seems to not do the trick either, like described here: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/big-hat-logan I might have to go human, I guess?

You have to buy out his entire inventory before he'll move out of the library.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Speaking of co-op I have a bunch of characters @ different level ranges specifically for summoning. Add me on steeeeem maybe if you're interested.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silveralicorn/

Does anyone still use the Dark Souls Goons steam group?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Make a magic longsword or other weapon ASAP (Rickert is your best friend) and level stats so you can use the Moonlight Greatsword. :)

e: Yes the MLGS is bonkers good and looks cool. Fair warning though I had to make a lightning weapon to actually deal with Seath, he has some of the highest magic defense in the game.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Gargoyle's halberd has a nice move set and is one of the best weapons if you're going for elemental upgrades because of its high base damage.

Black knight halberd is really strong but you'll probably have to restart a few times to get it to drop in Darkroot. It's what speedrunners use though because it has such high damage with very little investment.

Doing an intelligence build & making magic weapons was fun, except against enemies with high magic resist. I mostly used a longsword and the claymore for this, eventually getting both to +5 enchanted. You can farm blue titanite easily from the golems in Darkroot Basin. Also the moonlight greatsword is really badass. You'll need to make a lightning weapon to deal with Seath, though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Zweihander is also real fun, and you can get it right from the start!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

All this axe talk got me playing again.

:black101:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Gitro posted:

Ah yeah, nice part of the bandit knife is that I keep the kick. Seems faster and less stamina intensive, too.

So what are good ways to get priscilla's tail cut? I spent a while poking her with my dinky rapier and occasionally getting a scythe to the face for my troubles, eventually I switched to my black knight sword for the last 3 hits i needed. She never became visible during the fight though :v:

Tried smacking her tail with the BKS before I'd aggro'd her but that went nowhere, then I died by trying to exit the painted world during the fight. Killed her and I have no idea how much damage I landed on her tail at all, or even if I was hitting the right part.

Cool fight though, as puzzle bosses go she's way better than Dragon God and Bed of Chaos.

I needed the tail for the Knights Honor achievement. Knocking her out of invis is based on poise, so I ended up using an un-upgraded Zweihander to reveal her without doing too much damage, then switching to my BKS to attack her tail, though any weapon could work, I suppose.

It's also possible to get the tail in one hit with Red Tearstone Ring, Power Within, and the highest damage weapon you can get. Absolving your sin will get her to stop aggroing if you need that.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

GodFish posted:

If you warp in but don't sit at the fire, you can use a bone to get out.

Forgot this detail, yeah. I don't use the bonfire unless I'm soul farming.

Giant Isopod posted:

Once you jump from the edge once I'm pretty sure you can warp out from the bonfire if you come back

Nope.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

He's hanging out with Lautrec, or Lautrec's friend killed him and took his gear.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Southern Heel posted:

So I have a +5 Caestus and it's doing 36 damage per shot. My BKH+3 is doing 400 per shot. Is there any way to make this disparity a little less? I'm going for a quality build in the long run, but this character is mostly a sunbro and having a weapon that can oblierate bosses in three or four hits is a bit poo poo so something flavorful would be useful for PvE.

Absolutely not. Caestus has something like the lowest base damage in the game and the BKH has one of the highest. There's about a zillion weapons in between the two though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I really enjoy the animations on the claymore.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

b) If I'm going for a dodgy sword build are there any magic/miracle/pyromancy stuff worth looking at on the side?

Just having Combustion (or Great Combustion) available is a good plan because it does really decent damage, doesn't take long to cast, and doesn't use up stamina. Power Within is also really good if you need extra damage output.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Panty Saluter posted:

What kind of degenerate doesn't enable 60 FPS tho???

it screws up the jump physics, and I only have two eyes anyway

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Equip the whip and pretend you're Simon Belmont or maybe Indiana Jones.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Ornstein rhymes with mangosteen.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://web.archive.org/web/20110925020236/http://preparetodie.com/en/about/

quote:

When you begin this adventure, you are soulless. You must emerge from the abyss to reclaim your soul in order to reach the land of the living. Make social connections, win games, find eggs and solve riddles—and increase your soul energy until you get your entire spiritual essence back. The gauge at the bottom of your dashboard numerically measures the amount of soul energy you have earned. Check your gauge each day to keep track of how much soul energy you have. Do your best to get your numbers high enough so you can say once and for all: Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

andrew smash posted:

A kick works and I think carries no risk of actually pissing him off

The first hit is free.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I'm talking about just the archives. caves have a cute gimmick and no bs enemies. Izalith is lazily designed and a bit of a boring chore. but archives is actively frustrating because it's full of the worst mob in the game: crystal undead, which block your path and you must deal with, unlike the other two areas I mentioned.

maybe for first timers Izalith and caves are worse. but you can learn to deal with them. archives never stops being a difficult slog.

please explain how you think Izalith or caves are worse than archives.

Try lightning

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Sakuraba wrote an entire track for Pinwheel despite the fight being 3 seconds long

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

And meeting Patches early too. :darksouls:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Velka will forgive you for your sins.

• Locked thread