Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Attention Horse posted:

Someone on the Steam forums posted some screenshots of the PC Version. Just like I thought, it looks like blurry pixelated dogshit.

The pictures are JPEGs, that's why the quality looks so pixelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Mooks posted:

Can't believe I'm so excited to play a game I already own and put hundreds of hours into.

I'm right there with you. I've actually been putting off playing DS again on my 360 to play this one, mainly because I don't think I could wait till winter to play the DLC. I'm also hoping the quality of online play will be better.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

I always keep that weapon with me whenever I Co-Op/PvP.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

dreffen posted:

Did it steal my soul? :ohdear:

For such a dark looking game it looks HAPPY.

Wait till you meet Sunbro, and a few other quirky characters.
The only thing that will make this game dark is when you get invaded by some guy with a hacked character that ruins your day for no other reason than being a dick.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

SixtySix posted:

by mod community I don't mean hex editor PvP shitlords

Hopefully they can do something about that, considering they're adding that PvP arena, but I doubt it.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm about to pre-load this game at lunch. I'm new to the Souls franchise, can you respec your build at all? I know it's been said that all builds are viable.

You can't, but rule of thumb is not to go higher than 40 points into any stat due to diminishing returns.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008
Did this happen to anyone else? I went from 5 hours to unlock to 13 hours.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

Did anyone give an estimate to how long the new stuff is?

Estimate was at 10+hours from what I've read.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

I'm kind of an old school gamer and I don't mind dying all the time forever. Am I better off going into this game blind or do I need to read up on stuff? How do I get maximum enjoyment out of this fine computer video game?

Definitely blind, you only ever get that chance once, and the only way to relive it is to watch other people play it blind.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

What the hell? Now on Steam it says it will unlock in 2 hours. An hour ago it said 12 hours?

Weird.

Nice, they changed it back. I thought I'd have to do something crazy like "Go outside" to pass the time.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008
I see so many blood stains already.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Dark Wood Grain Ring. You need to be under 25% encumbrance to get the most out of it.

Really? That kind of defeats the purpose of the ring doesn't it? The flip is cosmetic at that point.

Sheep posted:

Is it not possible to get that drake sword from the dragon at the bridge now? I shot 100 arrows at his face and nothing.

You have to shoot the tail, not the face.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

cat doter posted:

Hahaha, most amusing. This thread needs more youtube trip reports.

Oh man, I just realised I get to be a wide eyed noob again. I haven't done the DLC areas yet! Can't wait.

Nothing quite like taking your time, looking at enemy groups not knowing if you'll pull them or not, not knowing how an enemy fights and getting slammed. I know Artorias gave me a lot more trouble than he probably should have.

Derkinstacker fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 26, 2012

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Khobra posted:

Any tips for Manus? I've gotten him to 1/4 health once but whenever he uses the spell that shoots forward I die. By the time I hit the pendant I'm dead cause it seems to happen so quickly.

I roll to the side, I take a little bit of damage, but I get out of it. I can never get the pendant to work for that attack unless I'm a good distance away.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Veev posted:

Try and stay just a little bit away when you're not attacking. He doesn't like to be far away from you, so if he's content to just sit around while you back away he's probably preparing to shoot spells. His AI changes too to use spells more aggressively when he gets low (this may be false but I've fought him a couple times and it seems true).

It seems to be, I've never seen him cast anything above 60% hp.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Vaashila posted:

Are you summoning Sif for the fight? The damage he does isn't great, but he saved my rear end a few times by getting the bosses attention so I could heal.

I don't think he can do any damage, all I've ever seen him do was distract the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

Alabaster White posted:

Does (DLC spoilers) Sif not appear in the Chasm if you've killed him in the future already? I saw Alvina warping around but I hunted everywhere in the Chasm and never saw Sif.

Also the boss souls are used for Guardian: nothing apart from using, Artorias: giving to Ciaran or forging the Abyss Greatsword, and Manus: making the Manus Catalyst, and that's it, right?

I just have the feeling like I missed something despite defeating all the bosses and looting every area entirely (to the best of my knowledge).

You can trade the Manus soul to snuggly for a new spell too.

• Locked thread