Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Is there any reason for not farming a certain area? I'm still in the main section of the undead burg and am level 15 or 16. I should probably push on to a new area but I'm a gigantic wuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

The way I see it is, level yourself up so that you can effectively use some weapon you like, don't just level up because you feel like it. If you don't know what to use all your souls on, learn magic and upgrade equipment with it first.

One thing is clear though, don't walk around with six billion souls on you, invest them in something.

The only weapons I've found are short swords and I've just been using the long sword I got intitially (picked Warrior for my class). I've just been dumping points into Vit->End->Str. Not walking around with a bunch of souls or anything. Should I be putting points into magic as a warrior?

Can you sell equipment? Should I be holding on to this junk I've found?

Is there any point in spending humanity to un-hollow yourself? Is it just an aesthetic thing? I've got 8 humanity that I don't really know what to do with. I feel like kindling a bonfire this early would be kind of pointless since I'm sure there's another around the corner. I figure holding onto it for the better item discovery is the thing to do right now.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Farming isn't terribly efficient there. Plus, you usually don't want to get your SL too out of range for the area, or you'll have a tough time finding summons.

I don't have the first clue what all that entails (probably because I haven't pushed through more content).

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

I have enough souls to beat level 20 and I still can't be that first night in the undead burg.

e: well not any more! Just back to level 18.

Prefect Six fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 26, 2012

• Locked thread