Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SynthOrange posted:

Nooooo... 120k souls gone. :negative: When will I learn not to lock on when I'm on tiny ledges!

edit:
OH GOD WHAT THE HELL I just got shot by a spear.

Heads up: the developers of the game have confirmed that that particular spot in the game is really unfair and violates the principles of the game's design. Guessing whoever was working on that bit really just wanted to go home that evening :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genocyber posted:

There's a better trainer, Quelana, who appears in Blighttown for sure if you have a flame+10 (she can appear otherwise, but no ones knows what the exact flags are for her to appear, other than having a +10 flame).

She didn't show up for me until I had a +15 flame. Seeing as I accidentally sent Laurentius to his death I ended up having to get Eingyi to upgrade my flame.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SynthOrange posted:

I thought I was doing him a favour! :cry:

SO DID I :qq:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alternatively you can become the Lord of the Age of Dark. Seeing as it's up to you to define what that means, I think it's probably the better of the two.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axeil posted:

If anyone's curious this is my character. I blanked out the name since it's my actual name. I joined the Princess Guard after I finished Anor Londo since the huge goddess lady was way cooler/nicer than the demon spider woman in the old covenant I was in.

She isn't even real :ssh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2 Humanity only ups the drop rate for items by about 1/5 of the default. Pick up more, or go find the gold serpent ring.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Mastermind posted:

Goddamn it I had Quelaag down to less than one tick of health and she does a sword swing into that loving explosion that takes all your health. Her health was yellow! Why didn't she die? :argh:

e: Dammit, I forgot I went back up to buy Flash Sweat too! :argh:

You should have streamed it :mad:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

I meant 'solid' as an alternative to 'a whole lot', not 'solid' as in the game term. My point is still intact regardless because if you don't have that much humanity by the time you want the 30+ reward, you're going to have to grind for it, and grinding is super boring.

Didn't take me that long to grind up some souls in the Depths after finding the GCS ring.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Artificer posted:

So I just lost 12k souls because I let my girlfriend fiddle around and she walked off a cliff somewhere. And then on my way to find and retrieve them some random undead soldier kicked me off another cliff. :v:

Eh, 12K isn't too bad in the big scheme of things, just soldier on.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That dragon sword is a newbie trap. Use it but watch out, it loses steam fast. As for upgrading gear, use your titanite on a weapon you're going to want to use for a while, but don't feel like that will lock you in. The smallest titanite shards are really easy to obtain, especially later on when you're walking around with 40k+ souls all the time.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is the Occult weapon upgrade path good for?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

She probably should've amended her "This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind" preaching with: "...but not to you of course."

She must be seriously deluded, there is nothing peaceful or kind about the Painted World.

Either that or maybe everything else there is just too damned scared of her to raise a hand against her.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've died to it a few times, but that's less trouble and more just me having very low vitality and standing just barely in the way when it was did something.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where is that video of the guy who feigns cluelessness with the drake sword before switching to the demon axe and utterly destroying an invader?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My current pretty princess combination is the Thief's mask (female version), Shadow chest, and Black Sorceror gloves and legs.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why should new players have to deal with virtually undefeatable invaders though? Why is this a necessary thing? I like this game as much as anybody, but why do people line up in this thread to defend that poo poo?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blast of Confetti posted:

I don't really see why personal attacks are necessary. Maybe Dark Souls just isn't for you? You seem to have a lot of investment in this argument.

Well it's hard not to call you an invested tool when you keep rolling out cliched and utterly substanceless Dark Souls bullshit invasions defenses v:v:v

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please keep raging at us evil casuals :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the other hand, if you do save Solaire he almost certainly ends up Linking the Fire in his world, which is a fate worse than death in my opinion, so

:darksouls:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^*immediately goes on to get hosed up repeatedly and consistently for the rest of their PvP career*^

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kumog posted:

It was totally worth having to run back to my bloodstain after seeing this in Catbro forest.

What happened?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Off the top of my head, there is:

Spear
Winged Spear
Partizan
Pike
Halberd
Gargoyle Halberd
Silver Knight Spear
Black Knight Halberd
Titanite Catch Pole

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jarl posted:

This game is relentlessly raping me sideways. I've pleaded with it to rape me in a more traditional manner but to no avail. - Right now a pair of over generous gargoyles are teaching me the finer arts of love making.

I must be a masochist because boy do I love this game (sideways raping and all).

Wow.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just beat the game for the first time. Iron Flesh makes it a lot easier to play the parry game with Gwyn. That plus my starting weapon (the thief stabby knife, I forget the name) made him go down in four blows.

My Dark Lady's final outfit: Thief Mask, Shadow Garb, Black Sorceror Gloves and Boots. What all the dark overlords are wearing this season, no doubt.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does the online part of this game still work? I'm craving a run.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so when exactly is dark souls online stuff moving to steam because i really want to play dark souls but gently caress no i am not dealing with gfwl again

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any updates on when the gfwl/steam switchover is happening?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the christ did you do :stare:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RickDaedalus posted:

I didn't mean to be a bad person.

welcome to the dark souls experience

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trying to cheat engine myself some equipment because i hate grinding and now i remember why i never use cheat engine, i have no idea how to use it :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do they have two different kind of poison statuses though

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

double nine posted:

Lore question: is there any particular reason why Anor Londo has such a massive amount of demon titanite, a prowling demon and flying demons? (I'm aware of gwendolyn's little secret)

which secret we talking about here

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alternatively just cheat some up, now that i've figured out how i'm never looking back

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
moonlight butterfly tip: there's an npc summon sign at the base of the tower who can pretty near trivialize the fight

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
put your white soapstone sign down wherever you think people will want to summon you for the fight with the gaping dragon so that you can get humanity + souls if they summon you

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just be careful, keep moving when you're near the archers, and for the love of god do not hug that wall because then Dark Souls Physics TM will cause an arrow in your ribs to paradoxically knock you back at a right degree angle to its momentum and eject you into the abyss

(dragonslayer arrows always knock you on your rear end no matter what direction they actually hit from, if you hug the wall your rear end points off the ledge)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well if darkest dungeon is any indication you can get away with a good bit anyway :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's one of the happiest bonfires in the game.

i honestly can't think of anything happier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you stay the gently caress away from laurentius :argh:

• Locked thread