Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Dreggon posted:

What's the button to pause the game and check menus? Escape isn't working.

End. Doesn't pause the game though it just brings up the menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
K+M has the camera and the lock-on switch both attached to the mouse. If you want to check what's to the side or behind you your lock-on will rapidly switch through all the enemies nearby. Holy hell do I have a head-ache.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Has anyone heard anything about the new items they added?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
What's the new level range for the Archives? I've been looking for some help with Seath's tail and there's no signs at all which is weird.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I put myself right at 60 because that worked on the Xbox and I'm getting nothing. Yet another reason Archives are my least favorite area.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Anyone willing to Sunbro for me at Seath's? I've been trying to get the drat tail for no real reason and I almost kill him before the drat thing will come off.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

TalonDemonKing posted:

What level are you? I'm not getting any hits here in New Londo for my Gravelording.

62, I thought my online was broken for a bit because I didn't find any signs but I got invaded just fine!

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

TalonDemonKing posted:

SL 58 here. Why won't anyone summon meeeee?

I saw your sign once but summoning failed :(.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

TalonDemonKing posted:

Also I just opened up those ports and such, now I play the waiting game.

I had the ports open already but now I just can't see the sign. I really hate the archives.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do you get any visual feedback, or is the only way to know it worked that you took less damage?

You will complete the parry whiffing animation no matter what if you do a partial parry as if you had a whole lot of poise.

Thanks for trying TalonDemonKing, I can only get invaded by red phantoms in the archives I guess :(.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Lork posted:

I asked this earlier in the thread but no one answered, so I'll ask again - how do you access the DLC?

I was hoping to find it naturally, but now I'm practically at the endgame and I'm afraid that I'll be massively overlevelled for it by the time I find it, assuming I'm not already.

Go rescue Dusk in the Darkroot Basin. Then go to the Duke's Archives and take the first elevator up. There will be a crystal golem hanging out with all the skeletons you need to kill. He'll drop a broken pendant, take that back to where suck was stuck in the golem initially and you'll be dragged to the DLC. You won't really be over leveled for it though. It's bosses seemed to be tuned as if you were one area beyond the final boss.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

FrickenMoron posted:

I get the feel that I should have at least one holy weapon though for an upcoming area, any recommendations for someone with 24str?

You can downgrade the occult club you pick up along the way into a holy club. I do it every playthrough and it works like a charm.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

DMBFan23 posted:

Did they nerf the Humanity drop rate on the Picasas in the Archives? I made like 10 trips and only came out with like 3 Humanity drops, this was with like 7 liquid humanity and the covetous serpent ring. Used to be 2-3 per run.

I just got 17 in close to 5 trips a while ago. Sorry for your luck.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Maremidon posted:

Hey guys, I've beaten most of the new content and I have a theory. I want to see if anyone knows any lore to contradict it or anything.

I think Manus is the Furtive Pygmy. I mean, Chester and Gough both call him "Primeval man" and if the Furtive Pygmy is the progenitor of mankind like Kaathe says, it would make sense for him to go by that name.

Yeah he is. He's the progenitor of man because he gave his dark soul in the form of humanity to the "humans" to turn them into the humans we think of. He got overwhelmed by the power of the dark soul and got turned into the darklurker somewhere along the way.

For that matter though, has anyone found any conversations or items to explain why Manus wants the broken pendant so much? They make it out to be very important but I don't know why.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

The Quake posted:

You want to rush at him and get under his legs ASAP, then just go to town. Rinse and repeat for the most part.

If you have problems with Sif's particle effects like you said though, prepare to get under Sif and have the game slow down to a crawl.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Khobra posted:

Any tips for Manus? I've gotten him to 1/4 health once but whenever he uses the spell that shoots forward I die. By the time I hit the pendant I'm dead cause it seems to happen so quickly.

Try and stay just a little bit away when you're not attacking. He doesn't like to be far away from you, so if he's content to just sit around while you back away he's probably preparing to shoot spells. His AI changes too to use spells more aggressively when he gets low (this may be false but I've fought him a couple times and it seems true).

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Vaashila posted:

Are you summoning Sif for the fight? The damage he does isn't great, but he saved my rear end a few times by getting the bosses attention so I could heal.

At least in my game, Sif literally can't hurt the boss. They can distract him though and when he's not on your rear end 24/7 he's actually pretty easy.

By contrast I think Solaire's AI has been improved or something. He managed to solo the centipede demon instead of loving off into the lava and dying.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Montez posted:

More DLC questions: Did anyone manage to get the black dragon's tail yet? It seems like it's only ever in melee range for a second and it takes longer than that to run to it.

Might as well ask again: Anyone found a use for the Guardian's soul?

Too late now since I beat Manus, but where was Sif's summon sign? Was it in the arena with Manus or something?

No uses for the guardian soul, can't even trade it to snuggly like Manus's soul. I think there's one guy going around maxing out all the covenants to see if you can use it like gwyn's, nut no luck yet. Sif's sign appears after the fight with Manus starts, you only have to activate it, there's no confirmation for it, so you don't get murdered while you summon them.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I invaded a guy and killed him three times in the Kiln, apparently he was the only one there. He even sent me a message about being a glitch stabbing (?) son of a bitch! I then put down a white summon sign because my red eye orb stopped working, and got summoned by the guy I had just killed a bunch. I helped him to kill Gwyn and ended it with a parry kill. Gwyn just stood back up and wouldn't die, he just stood there and took damage but never died. I think the guy thought I did it on purpose, but I swear I just wanted to help (now)!

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

MrTheDevious posted:

Very end of the DLC question about whether it's actually the end: So I finally killed Manus, he turns into what appears to be Dusk laying on the ground mumbling, then nothing else ever happens. I chopped Dusk in the face, she died, I got 1k souls, nothing happened. Am I just supposed to shrug and bonfire warp out and go on about my business? Seems kinda...anticlimactic for the big finale. I killed Kalameet and everything, not sure what else I could possibly do

Yeah that's it. You can back and talk to Dusk in Darkroot basin and get a few new lines that kind of deal with her rescue but that's it.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

AlternatePFG posted:

So what's the status on Black Flame vs. Great Combustion? I'm not really noticing much of a difference.

The new one does physical damage instead of fire, they're exactly the same otherwise.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

MrTheDevious posted:

I hadn't and just did, he just fell over dead and nothing new happened, which I'm betting is because I cut Dusk up. Killing Dusk also kills Elizabeth, FWIW, so now I kinda wish I hadn't done it. What happens after Sif if Dusk is still alive?

Nothing, that boss just gets a new intro.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

If multiplayer is working for you, 35k souls and 3 liquid humanity is about 10 minutes of assisting at Quelaag.

I've quit assisting for Quelaag, none of my hosts can manage to not die to her fire explosion and she uses it a lot more often now too.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

TheMostFrench posted:

So I went to the sunbro statue, when I did this on PS3 I could use it and learn the 'Praise the Sun' gesture, and if I had the requirements I could join the cov.

On my PC run, there wasn't even a prompt to use the statue. Whats up with that?

You need to fulfill the requirements of the covenant to even use the statue now. I don't know why.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I still haven't spent any of my boss souls... Do any of the souls I've collected so far lead to a big sword? I've pretty much been a big sword guy since the start of the game, and I love it. I love being able to kill huge monsters in a three hit combo with my BKS.

Sif's soul will make a Greatsword but one version actually gets most of its damage from int and faith and the other just isn't that great. The way you were talking about Havel's shield though you might want to check out the shield you can make with Sif's soul though. There's a boss in the new DLC that you can use their soul to make a pretty good greatsword with a pretty fun but not great ability set you may want to hold out for though.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Scrree posted:

Okay, ever since I've entered the DLC area I see floating rings just lying around for no reason, what is the deal?

It's "resonance" from other people casting miracles. If you cast the same miracle (the miracle will have a highlighted border when you have it in the spell slot) it will be boosted. You probably just started seeing them because everyone is rushing to the DLC area.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
You're just supposed to be told basically. It's why the orange soapstone was added to the game. One person finds it, then it starts a chain from there.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Alright, I need to know what the gently caress that new spell does.

It's a dark version of homing soul mass.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Shima Honnou posted:

Yes. In fact, you can warp to at least the first two bonfires in the new content, as well.

All the new content's bonfires are warpable.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Funkalicious posted:

Alright gently caress it, I just looked it up because I am a weak weak man. Unfortunately however, I accident killed Dusk of Oolacille. I am playing in windowed mode and when I clicked back in the window, I swung at her. Opps! I can probably assume that I have affected the DLC in some fashion... Oh well, there is always NG+.

Nah it doesn't matter.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Ignimbrite posted:

So I found the entrance to the Prepare to die content in the cave near the hydra in darkroot basin but I can't go through the mist door. Do I need to reach a certain point in the story or something?

Go check out the archives again, you might find something new.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Stanly Coober posted:

What's a good SL to start the DLC with? Can I just hop into it as soon as I'm able to unlock it?

If you're worried about co-op I've found that 60 is about the sweet spot for that area.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Anti-Hero posted:

Is there any way to reliably farm for Black Knight gear? I want the shield badly.

The very last area of the game offers a way, until then nope.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Gazaar posted:

The dagger you get from giving the soul of artorias to ciaran seems to have the highest critical rating in the game, I think I'll aim for that for my darkwraith bro for ridiculous hot parry action.

It's pretty ridiculous. It's probably the only weapon still worth using the hornet ring with because it pushes it from "almost killed everyone in one hit" to "1300 damage try and live through that". The R2 is a bit useless though even if it apparently poisons/Toxics or something? It's super hard to hit with and has a dumb amount of recovery considering it's a dagger.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Who upgrades the broken sword w/ sif soul to the cursed blade? I need a cursed blade and that seems to be the easiest option.

You need to use a regular sword to get the cursed version that kills ghosts. The Anor Londo blacksmith ascends all the weapons that use boss souls.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

superh posted:

Here's how: wait unti he does the flyover, get lucky and end up behind him. He'll flop his tail down, wait for him to do that, then 2H your BKGA and take it off. It took me literally 20-30 minutes of waiting just for that move... then I died. But I got his tail.

If you sidestep his dive attack only a little bit, you'll get hit by his feet and not his head. This won't take much stamina off a decent shield and will drag you with him into the perfect position for him to try to tail slam you. You can get him to do his dive more often if you dodge his fire breath dive and stand really far away but still within lock on range, it ends up with you just outside the firebreath range and something about his AI likes to dive at you around there.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Arujei posted:

Where should I look for summon signs for Kalameet? I'm hoping to get his tail, and it looks easier with other folks to help (he says after just having done so with someone else).

Right next to his door, in that valley area. The one's on the plateau above are probably just looking to help with Artorias.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Arujei posted:

Someone mind helping me get the dragon tail in the DLC? The bastard's been giving me a bitch of a time. SL:66

I put down my summon sign near his door, I'm in the sunbro outfit.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Mindblast posted:

Gah it is nerve wrecking to be stuck in Anor Londo with 160k souls and nothing to spend it on as I don't want to overlevel and the place is a deathtrap in disguise.

When in doubt pump up a pyromancer's flame. It doesn't level you and an upgraded flame is never useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
It's hitbox is actually really huge too. It can catch people rolling if they rolled just a little bit early and can outrange a few spears. It's just a giant sphere in front of you, and it ends up hitting a bit beyond where the actual flames are.

• Locked thread