Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Wait. There's seriously no way to play the game at a higher resolution than 1024x768? :psyduck:

What is this madness, I wanted to buy DS on PC but now there's no way I'm even touching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

You can crank up the resolution output but the internal renderer will run at 720p fixed.

You can do something like that in Arma 2 (set the render resolution to 1024x768 and the output resolution to 1920x1080), and it looks like a lovely, blurry mess.

Can't wait :rolleyes:.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Holy Cheese posted:

Oh yeah Arma 2 that ultra realistic simulator of getting stuck trying to lift people up and dragging them away, only for some reason it got stuck on the lifting part. Arma 2 is a really lovely game unless the stars align in such a way that the engine doesn't poo poo itself.

What? I'm not saying anything about the quality of Arma 2 (even though I love it to death). I'm saying that when you're rendering at two different resolutions you're gonna have a lovely looking game.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Someone on the Steam forums posted some screenshots of the PC Version. Just like I thought, it looks like blurry pixelated dogshit.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Derkinstacker posted:

The pictures are JPEGs, that's why the quality looks so pixelated.

No, it looks like that because of the low resolution. Looks exactly like Arma 2 "effect".

Anyway, I'll probably wait until someone makes a mod that unlocks higher resolutions or something. I know that the game is fantastic, but right now I'm not giving them my money for a half-assed :effort: PC port.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Is the loot in this game random in any way?

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Christ, this guy on the stream is terrible.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

cat doter posted:

Resolution sucks, framerate is capped, game looks kinda lovely by modern PC standards, yet it's still perhaps one of the best games ever made. I struggle to give a poo poo about the details.

I'm actually very slowly changing my mind. I mean, the game is still kinda blurry, but at least the performance is stable. Am I seriously going to buy another game this month, where did my money go :iiam:.

God, he died again.

edit: And again. So bad.

edit2: What is he even doing.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

SixtySix posted:

oh my god :hawaaaafap:

If anyone says this doesn't look better I don't know what the gently caress to say to them

This looks way, way, WAY better. I thought that it will take a lot more time to fix the resolution than -5 hours.

So I'm probably buying this now.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

This game is a lot sillier than I expected :stare:.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

voltron lion force posted:

Should be more like 15 minutes now.

Nope, still an hour and 15 minutes left. That's how the steam unlock clock works.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Oh poo poo I was so wrong

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Is some goon streaming this? I can't play it until tomorrow.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Can anyone with a Geforce 560 confirm that the game is running well?

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

So I bought a Dark Souls key online, and it turns out that it's a GfWL key, not a Steam key. You can't download whole brand new games from GfWL, so right now I'm kinda hosed. What can I do in this situation? I was thinking about torrenting the iso and using the key, but I'm not sure if it's such a good idea. Also, I hope this isn't :filez: talk, considering that I bought a legit key, so I kinda own the game now, except I can't play it.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

I guess if you like having the camera pointing in one direction permanently that's a pretty good fix.

God drat, just buy that loving gamepad dude.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

My question got lost in the previous page (this thread moves fast):

Attention Horse posted:

So I bought a Dark Souls key online, and it turns out that it's a GfWL key, not a Steam key. You can't download whole brand new games from GfWL, so right now I'm kinda hosed. What can I do in this situation? I was thinking about torrenting the iso and using the key, but I'm not sure if it's such a good idea. Also, I hope this isn't :filez: talk, considering that I bought a legit key, so I kinda own the game now, except I can't play it.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Offical Dark Souls Facebook page just posted this:

"A quick note fro Steam users playing on Dark Souls PC with retail version: we just enabled retail version of the game for authentication in Steam so you can have it now added to your game library."

So that means that I can use my GfWL key to add it to my steam library? Probably gonna try that in a second.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

:siren: I can now confirm that you can put your retail Dark Souls PC key (GfWL key) into Steam and the game will be added to your library. :siren:

Downloading it now.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Do we have a Steam Group for all the PC Dark Souls Goons? I think we need one.

Game just finished downloading, I'm ready to play Dark Souls for the first time in my life.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Orv posted:

:siren: Look at that, we do now.

Dark Souls Steam Group

Joined.

Time to spend an hour creating my character.

Why is my head so small :psyduck:.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

This game is so loving annoying, oh my god

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

So is the multiplayer completely hosed right now? I wasn't able to connect to anyone for the last two days, and I see that a lot of people on the Steam forums have the same problem.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

This game is way easier than I thought. I even cleared out few areas without dying once. And I'm not bragging here, I just think that people who say that this is the hardest game they ever played are nuts. I thought Dark Souls will kick my rear end, but it's going ok so far (I'm fighting Four Kings right now). You just need to take a :chillpill: and you're gonna be fine :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Sundayturks posted:

More than anything, the game just teaches you that sometimes you've gotta slow the gently caress down and be patient. Not get angry, charge in, get angrier because GODDAMN, and end up in a horrible loop.

Yeah, I figured it out early on when I lost 30 thousand souls because I wanted to get to my blood stain as soon as possible. Then I had a moment of clarity and I knew that there's no way to make any progress in this game when you're angry, it's just not possible. So now when I'm playing Dark Souls I'm in zen mode.

• Locked thread