Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I just started playing this game. I loving love it (and hate it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I got a firekeeper soul in the undead parish. Should I upgrade my flask or is there a reason to hold on to it?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Ugh this butterfly is super gay and raping my face.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I finally beat this game. I think I can say that it is the best game I have ever played.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Tomb of the Giants is creepy as gently caress too.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

He was one of the first try bosses for me. Getting to him is the hard part. Those giant bone spiders hosed me up.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Have you updated your steam client?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

wow...

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah a balder side sword R2 fucks those shrubs up.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69iB-xy0u4A

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxpwABDCxOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

When you get gravelorded there is a sign like a summon sign you have to use to invade him. It somewhat follows the gravelord around the map.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm sorry about your friend's brain damage

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah I can't imagine the experience being nearly as cool when someone is just feeding you all the answers.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Jolan posted:

I started playing this game again after buying it three years ago and giving up after a measely 8 hours. Turns out that the reason I quit back then is still very actual: the horrible D-pad on my 360 controller. Does anyone know a workaround to disable the diagonal directions on the D-pad? I just died to the Taurus demon twice because I tried changing my equipped item and my character put away their sword and shield, and it's getting tiresome.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

I stomped his rear end with artorias greatshield.

That's how I did it. Same with Artorias.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

PerniciousKnid posted:

With a kid on the way, decided I'd finally sit down and play through this game. Finally beat the bull man, only to die to some surprisingly spry skeleton arches above a metal pig, as I was trying to find a party-boss bonfire to cash in at. Next death was rolling off a ledge on the way to retrieve my 3000 or so souls. Then I discovered I could've gone downstairs from the Drake to find a ladder and bonfire. :ghost:

Edit: Thought I'd try two handing the Drake sword. Mauled to death by rats on the ledge under the Drake.

Whatever you do, don't upgrade or get to reliant on the drake sword. It has no stat scaling and becomes pretty useless fairly quickly.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I kicked patches into the hole for revenge. He lived and was friendly at firelink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Are you a cleric?

• Locked thread