Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

For anyone with Nvidia cards having performance or FPS issues - go to advanced settings in the Nvidia control panel and in the global tab, set "maximum number of pre-rendered frames" to 1. Check the other settings too and see which ones work best for you. The default settings steal a LOT of performance potential away from otherwise fine gaming rigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Attention Horse posted:

My question got lost in the previous page (this thread moves fast):

You should be able to use any client you download as long as it doesn't have GFWL stripped from it - it'll ask you to input your key and you should be good.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

I just wanted to re-post on this page for anyone who missed my previous post (you probably did)

FOR ANYONE WITH NVIDIA CARDS HAVING FRAMERATE ISSUES!!

Go to Nvidia control panel. Set "Maximum number of pre-rendered frames" to 1.

It really, really helps.

I believe there's an equivalent for ATI cards - something about the "flip queue" or something? A friend of mine said it helped him.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Batham posted:

I have one, I simply prefer not to use over games that require you to move the camera. And yes, I do consider devil may cry 4 a 2.5D game because there is no real 3D camera control needed.

You can continue playing the game with M+KB just fine if you learn to adapt and have patience, but do know that having such a strong emotional attachment to the "idea" of M+KB versus Controller for a game BUILT with the 360 controller in mind is the definition of cognitive dissonance. You should play games with efficiency in mind, not principle. You'll have more fun if you just suck it up and learn to play the best way, ie with a 360 controller.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Anyone else having issues with GFWL suddenly? I've had no problems recently until today. Just straight up can't log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

New players have a tendency to want to start over repeatedly for some reason. I don't really understand why but I think it has to do with the fact that they don't understand that the "classes" are really just initial stat templates and not actual hard choices.

• Locked thread