Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Attention Horse posted:

Christ, this guy on the stream is terrible.

He got plunging attacked by the Taurus Demon :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

cat doter posted:

Resolution sucks, framerate is capped, game looks kinda lovely by modern PC standards, yet it's still perhaps one of the best games ever made. I struggle to give a poo poo about the details.

Seriously, I haven't played any other games anywhere nearly as much as the Souls series in the years since Demon's came out. They're just that good.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Category Fun! posted:

He's getting frustrated and trying to rush it.

I gotta say though, I don't know what his hardware is like but those loading times are snappy.

His hardware is listed under the stream

quote:

Processor: Intel Core i5 760 Graphics: GTX 460 Ram: 4GB Resolution: Streaming at 1280x720 Internet: 30mbps/5mbps

Aww, he's gotta go

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Yeah, it's only available for download through Steam, which makes no sense but that's GFWL for you.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Game is unpacking as I type. Hope to see you all. Gonna make my first guy a Sunbro.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Game is running smooth as butter here. I do have an i5 2500k and 560 Ti though. Man, it really is ugly at 1080p though. Gonna try out the resolution fix.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Resolution fix looks and runs great except for some terrible artifacting it produces in the background. It looks like the top of a lake on a windy day. Is anyone else getting it?

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

L-O-N posted:

Has anyone tried to join the gravelord servants yet? I'm having a problem. Spoiler just to be safe.got in the coffin for a couple of minutes and nothing happened.

You need to grab some Eyes of Death first. There's three of them behind the Titanite Demon next to the coffin.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
In case anyone is wondering, the forest farming trick still works. They still happily plunge to their death.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Holy poo poo! I think they fixed the DWGR. I'm 31.0/79.5 and I'm not flipping!

EDIT: Confirmed, you need to be under 25% encumbrance.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Ugh, just summoned two guys to help take down Gaping Dragon. Right in the middle of an awesome fight both of them got booted for some reason. That's never happened to me on PS3. Probably GFWL related.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

uPen posted:

So are the orange messages all blank for anyone else? I'm in the undead burg area or whatever and every single message has just been an icon with a helmet and no text.

Menu text tends to disappear when using the resolution fix. It may be that.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Man, this is great. Brings back so many memories of release day. Lots of new people, but I'm also getting summoned by people that are obviously experienced. Lots of starting equipment, no outlandish elemental/mask/BB stuff yet. Everyone just chilling out and killing monsters.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

tractor fanatic posted:

Oh yeah did they fix the input queue bug too?

I've played about 10 hours or so at this point and haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully it's a good sign, it usually only happened to me during boss fights or against other monsters than can 1-shot you which felt needlessly cruel.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Kelja posted:

Having trouble invading aswell as summoning people. Perhaps one out of fifteen attempts work.

On a slight sidenote, really liking the flip ring nerf. No more havel flipping.

Same, it's weird, I've never had problems this bad on the console version and summons were working amazingly last night after release. Was sometimes being summoned within a few seconds of dropping my sign. Today I'm seeing signs pop in and out too fast to activate them. Rooms full of signs just going blank. Summons failing constantly. Being summoned and having it just stop as the loading screen is about to pop up. Something must be up with the GFWL servers or something.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Shima Honnou posted:

So that's what the chain gear actually looks like.

Was just thinking about that too. It just kinda looked like a blurry blue mess on the console version.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Anyone encountered this while using the resolution fix? If I swing the camera down low to look up, my character and other monsters/NPCs become a pixelated mess.

EDIT: Seems the happen when the camera gets close to the character.

MysteryNad fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 25, 2012

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Yodzilla posted:

I've beaten him multiple times and yet I still loving hate Capra Demon. Melee is one thing but I have no idea how I'm going to kill him with sorcery. The dogs are so loving hard to hit and the camera in there is a clusterfuck.

Aural Decoy works wonders

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Oh my god, the new areas are tough as hell and awesome. Managed to take down Sanctuary Guardian with one death but he put up a hell of a fight. I haven't even gotten past the Stone Knights yet. I turtle a lot in PvE and that's pretty much exactly the wrong way to fight those things. Must clear entire woods.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Finally beat all the DLC areas. All I have to say is wow, that was awesome! Good job FROM. Sanctuary Guardian and Artorias were pretty easy, so I was kind of worried about what was next, but Kalameet and Manus were ridiculously intense. Manus may be my favorite boss ever what with that crazy combo and how the Silver Pendant fits into the strategy. Took at least a dozen deaths before I realized what the description was implying.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm stuck on Manus bigtime, can't even remotely come close, but I never found Kalameet and don't have the item you're talking about...does that make the fight more possible in some way? If so, how do I find it? I'm sure it has something to do with Kalameet, since I never encountered him, so I guess how do I go about encountering him?

BIG SPOILER BELOW
Don't read if you like figuring this stuff out for yourself.

There's two things that help in the Manus fight.

1 - There's a ledge in Oolacile township with a developer message on it that says something like "Let there be light" or something. If you take out a skull lantern or sunlight maggot a hidden door opens to the Silver Pendant. If you use it, it creates a short light barrier around you, useful for deflecting Manus' magic attacks.

2 - There's also an NPC you can summon for the fight (Sif), but you need to have freed him first and you summon him inside the boss arena after the fight has already started. He's not really that helpful truthfully.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
It's pretty big. Plenty of ground to explore, fight and pillage. I got through it in maybe 7-9 hours or so total, but then I've logged probably 1000 hours in this game. It could last considerably longer for others.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Pierson posted:

Yeah the DLC is no tacked-on room with some stuff in it, it's easily as big any other post-Lordvessel area in the game, and the bosses are seriously amazing. Artorius is just brutal. Back when DS first came out on 360/PS3 people bashed their heads against Smough and Ornstein and said "if only there was just one of them". Well FROM heard us and this guy is their answer.

Artorias is a really fun fight for co-op. I found the fight kind of simple by yourself, but it's surprisingly difficult for 2 or 3 people to fight him. It's hard to judge who he is about to attack and he has a lot of sweeping moves that prevent you from crowding him.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

tractor fanatic posted:

I'm not going to lock myself out of any new content if I beat 4 kings right after o&s will I?

No, but you will miss a new cutscene if you fight Sif before finishing the new content.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Khobra posted:

Any tips for Manus? I've gotten him to 1/4 health once but whenever he uses the spell that shoots forward I die. By the time I hit the pendant I'm dead cause it seems to happen so quickly.

It's probably not even worth trying to pendant the forward attack. Easier to just dodge to the side when you see it coming.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

MrTheDevious posted:

Very end of the DLC question about whether it's actually the end: So I finally killed Manus, he turns into what appears to be Dusk laying on the ground mumbling, then nothing else ever happens. I chopped Dusk in the face, she died, I got 1k souls, nothing happened. Am I just supposed to shrug and bonfire warp out and go on about my business? Seems kinda...anticlimactic for the big finale. I killed Kalameet and everything, not sure what else I could possibly do

That's all that happens. If you go back to the Sanctuary Garden and talk to Elizabeth, she thanks you for saving Dusk and gives you three of her mushroom items. That's probably assuming you didn't cut of Dusk's head though. Another thing to do is go back to where you fought the Sanctuary Guardian. There's two of them in there now and they respawn.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Khobra posted:

So apparently Ciaran is supposed to show up after you kill Artorias. This isn't happening for me. Could it be because I made the abyss sword?

Yeah, you need to have the Soul of Artorias in your inventory for her to show up.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Maremidon posted:

Is there any big opening Kalameet leaves that I'm missing? I never really feel like I'm "supposed" to be attacking him at any given time. Does the pendant work on his breath, or something?

I try to attack him at a few different points. I have no idea how to cut his tail though. First opening is when he jumps up and swoops in at you. Dodge to the side, run up behind him and get a couple hits in. Second is his quick bite attack. He'll swing his head towards your left side, so block or dodge it and hit him from the front a couple times. His grab attack is pretty telegraphed, dodge to the side and hit his back legs while he's reared up. His fire breath attacks are also pretty easy to avoid if you are close to him, dodge and get in for some hits to his neck while he's spewing, if you're just past his beak the fire can't hit you.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Cowcaster posted:

Wait, is that really the case? I haven't had the chance to play that much so my guy is in the starting town area full of zombies that are ludicrously easy to parry, and I could've sworn I've given a bunch of them a face full of club after knocking away their two-hand swing.

Yeah, you can parry two handed attacks just fine.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

HenryEx posted:

There's one item i never found a way to.

In Blighttown, just after the first fog door, you're on a huge vertical wooden construction and have to climb down a few ladders first. If you instead look to the right, you can see a glowie just past the wooden wall through some cracks. How the hell do i get there? It seems i'd have to fly to get there, i didn't even find a higher point to jump off towards it.

That's the Sealer Set. If you go up the elevator and cross a tree branch you can get it.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

superh posted:

This is what I've been rolling around in most, this game. It's generally better than Gold Hemmed, now. Is this a recent patch change or has it been this way since the old Gold Hemmed nerf...?

Yeah, the Sealer set became better than the Gold Hemmed ones after patch 1.05. Before that the Gold Hemmed robes and the Antiquated Skirt were so OP that there was basically no reason to wear anything else if you were running no poise.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Wow, finally cut off Kalameet's tail. The battle lasted at least 20 minutes. The rear end in a top hat just wouldn't let me at it. The strategy I used worked, but the opportunity presented itself less than half the time I tried.

When he jumps in the air and swoops in at you, sidestep a little and let him charge past you. You'll end up behind him, break lock-on and run up under his tail. Sometimes I guess you'll be in the right spot or he's feeling generous or something and he'll slam his tail to the ground to hit you. Soon as you make sure you're out of the way, two-hand your weapon and slash that tail as hard as possible. I was using a Balder Side Sword +15 with 40dex and it still took 3 passes to chop the drat thing off.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Man, feels awesome to finally have a complete Artorias build. That R2 attack on the sword is hard to pull off but super satisfying.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Should I be saving my Demon Titanite for something really amazing? It seems pretty rare. I've been upgrading a Demon's Spear I've found because it seems like the lightning spear but with longer reach and scaling. Am I

It's probably best to save some in case you find a boss weapon that you like (they all upgrade with it) but you do eventually find a respawning enemy that drops it. The Demon's Spear is pretty nice overall though, I think it's the longest spear in the game, has low stat requirements and does decent damage when upgraded.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Samuel L. Chan posted:

Alright this online stuff is being wonky as hell. My NAT is open and I had no problem summoning and co-oping with my friend more than once the other day. Now I can't do anything online-wise and my UPnP is 'not active' according to GFWL. I've forwarded the ports, put the upnp options on automatic on my system, turned upnp on my router, and turned network discovery on. But according to GFWL my upnp isn't on, and my NAT is still open yet I cannot invade or see any summon signs (yes I'm the right level for the area I'm in)

Anyone know what the gently caress? This is really frustrating.

I don't know if it will help you or anyone else but I managed to improve, if not completely fix my connection problems by doing the GFWL port override. There's an Xbox 360 on my network that uses port 3074 and as soon as I switched to an unused port in the 30000 range my summons started coming through with fewer failures and sometimes with them spawning in as few as 10 seconds. I was able to get a fight in the arena for the first time and even the amount of time it takes to log-in when starting the game sped up probably 2-3 times.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/support/pages/troubleshootingissues.aspx

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
I use the Balder Shield in many of my playthroughs. It has the highest stability of the medium shields when upgraded, but it's not that much higher than the Silver Knight Shield and has worse resistances. I don't ever use it in PvP though. In my experience the Heater Shield is infinitely more useful due to its low weight, good resistances and the fast parry recovery of the small shields.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

UberJumper posted:

I am about to loving loose it against Sheath i have been trying for almost 4 hours now. Between the fact that there is almost no sunbro's around, and I don't have any other magic than Pyromancy (which seems to be completely useless).

Generally if i am lucky to gather up two sunbros or phantoms to help me, one will always die somehow on the journey over there. Also gently caress the invisible pathways.

Anyone have any suggestions for tackling him? I am level 64.

One thing that always works for me in continuously running toward the ends of either his right or left tentacle. He will spin himself in circles trying to get you in front of him and when he attacks, you're almost always out of range. Only thing he can hit you with is the long charging crystal attack and the tail smash. The latter only if you find yourself on going past the tentacle to his rear side. Both are pretty easy to see and avoid.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

UberJumper posted:

The thing is he always seems to sit up against the entrance, so i can't run behind him. If he does move away, its only a little bit which gives me almost zero space to run in circles around him.

You can draw him into the center of the room relatively easily. All of his attacks are pretty short range. If you get a ways from him he'll start waddling his way over since he has no way to hit you. If he backs himself into a corner, try backing up a little and he should pursue.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Filthy Monkey posted:

A second invader found my tomb AFK gravelord hiding spot. It might not be good enough. I am using chameleon too.

I've been hiding upstairs inside the room with the divine ember. You can jump across the ledge with the ladder to get to another small ledge. I think circle around three walls on the ledge and hide in a little corner.

Are you sure the light is invisible? when chameleoned? If not, it would certainly explain how I am being found. I might need to find something better.

Yeah, you can't see the light on other players. Your gravelord sign follows you around though. If they can see it from the entrance to that room it would be pretty obvious where you're hiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

redmercer posted:

Did you use someone else's DSfix.ini without looking at it? Save game backup isn't on by default.

Also, I don't know all (any) of the differences between FXAA and SMAA, but it sure seems like SMAA runs more efficiently.

Noticed this too. I don't get the particle induced framedrops anymore when sitting down at the bonfire. The Ultra setting doesn't look quite as good as the FXAA I was forcing through my driver but it's pretty hard to notice a few jaggies on the edge of your sword if you aren't looking right at them.

• Locked thread