Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
First post in this thread since starting playing. Love it (and hate it sometimes) so far, but something strange happened that REALLY didn't make sense, I'm not talking about difficulty at all:

I was at the beginning of Blighttown, climbing down from the guy who sells stuff. Fought off some of the fattys with clubs and started expediting the purple guys with swords and spears. Died a couple of times and changed my outfit to thief armor and it went better. Then one of the purple guys(?) caught me with a dart and my status became toxic.

I had almost enough souls to level up, so I started running back to the bonfire and kept my health up along the way, no problem. I ran past the 2 rats, 2 "blobs" and 1 zombie with the torch. I used Ether flasks all the way to keep my health up, right up until the bonfire, and had a large enough health meter that I even had a spare flask or two when I reached it.

But when I pressed "Rest at bonfire" I suddenly died accompanied by a sound like when the zombies attack you with a sword. Is somehow toxic status killing you if you try to rest at a bonfire? Or was this just some weird glitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

Toxic is basically just super poison. That sounds like a bug.

Okay. Yeah, I didn't mind too much anyway, since my loot/souls were right next to the bonfire. I just thought "what the hell happened" instead of "you loving piece of poo poo bullshit enemy/boss" like I usually do, when DS makes me bite the pillow :v:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

My initial guess was that you darted past that one torch hollow and he got you as you were entering the menu but a close enemy would disable the bonfire. Never experienced or read about anyone else having a similar issue, although i guess most people just homeward bone out if they don't have the means to get rid of toxic (and care about the souls).

Thanks for the info. Yeah, it really seems like a bug to me, 'cause I were nowhere near dying because my health was still high, and there were no dudes there except for the torch guy and he was far back at the corridor and nowhere near me. It's the first time I've seen a glitch/bug/something I couldn't explain so far in the game, so I'll just write this one up as some weird poo poo that happened and keep playing. I'll probably ask again here if something similar happens again.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
This is fun:

I got to Blighttown, but had some corridors I hadn't explored in the sewers because I fell down some of the grates and didn't find my way up there until after defeating the boss (among them, the dude who fires magic at you while fighting the boss). I got my revenge on him and found some extra proud knight souls I think, but then I got cursed (thanks, game!) by some of those big eyed creatures and have tried to beat Blighttown with only 5 Estus flasks and half health for the better part of last evening. Oh, how I LOVE this part.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Go get uncursed, silly! And while you're at it, buy one or two purging stones. Blighttown is really not a place you want to explore with half health.

The guy who can help you with all that is in the Undead Parish belltower.

Thanks, I will. Believe me, I will.

EDIT: Btw, how far is it to the next bonfire after the first one in Blighttown? While being cursed, I got as far as to some waterwheel thing I had to stand on, and then defeated some dudes with darts and their fire dogs with my ranged weapons. Then I walked over some big tree branches, and then climbed up two ladders and didn't know where to go next. And fell down from the /walkway/big branches when trying to go back again.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 17, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Wiseblood posted:

If you want a shorter trip and are willing to pay more, the female undead merchant in the shortcut leading back to Firelink also sells purging stones. But I think she charges twice as much as Oswald.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

If you made it to the water wheel, you probably walked right past the swamp bonfire. Look for a tunnel area along the direct path from the way into the swamp to the water wheel.

Great, thanks.

One final question, if you'll indulge me: The Shadow Armor I found says in the description on the leggings part (as well as the other 3 parts) that it is especially poison resistant. But it seems to me on the stats that the Black Leather Leggings Boots (31 poison resistance) in the Thief Armor has even higher resistance to poison than the Shadow Armor leggings? Is this a typo or something, or is the Thief Armor leggings boots preferable over Shadow Armor leggings when resisting poison? Maybe there's some bonus I miss by going with the thief leggings Boots and the other 3 parts shadow armor than the whole set of Shadow Armor?

EDIT: Using my Google-fu to check armor bonus, it seems there are none. So I'll go with the 3/4 Shadow Set and the 1/4 Thief set (just the boots) for best poison resistance.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 17, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Just want to thank you guys for all the tips on poison and what-not. Got even better gear than Shadow/Thief Armor now, so it's all good. Beat the are now, and actually really enjoyed the boss fight at the end.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Yesterday, I got invaded for the first time.

I was closing in on the bonfire in the swamp, which someone here told me about, when some glowing red font started blinking on my screen. I almost poo poo my pants. Someone called Mildred invaded me. But then I realized I'd just fought my way through Blighttown while cursed, and suddenly felt like a Fremen fighting a Sardaukar. Mildred died. Brutally. So, you know, no more of that guys. :ohdear:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Aww. And here I thought I did good. Oh, well. Time to return to the game and get my rear end kicked again.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If you can make it to the boss while still human you might find a pleasant surprise. :unsmith:

I believe I actually did. What happens if I do/don't?

vI missed that. Beat the boss on my own.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 18, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Be warned that if you do it like this as soon as you hit The Depths, the boss'll be much harder because there'll be a Channeler you can't reach sniping you and buffing the boss.

Learned this the hard way, fought the boss alone, with him plinking magic bolts at me.

Got my sweet revenge on that annoying bastard a bit later, and it was then I got cursed. Still worth it.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
I was really just going to focus on the story and the single player of the game, but I want to maybe try some invading of my own later on. It sounds like you guys are having way too much fun with it for me not to partake. It's probably the main reason why I haven't gotten any npc to join in my fights too, since I've been ignoring any soulsign except for the orange messages.

Also, what's up with the game being so addictive? I'm in another part of the country during easter, not being able to play DS on my craptop there, and feel like someone has taken my crack pipe away from me.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 20, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The game is stressful enough on your first playthrough just trying to crawl to the next bonfire without invaders and you don't know 80% of the stuff they could throw at you anyway, so i can completely understand why people would avoid that aspect.

On following playthroughs i try to be human as much as possible, give decent invaders a decent fight and summon whenever gfwl lets me (which is a downright sad percentage of signs i actually see). And whenever i invade i drop a few humanities (if available) to encourage others to do the same.

Yeah, these were my i initial thoughts, and I have enjoyed the single player so much that wishing for even more fun out of the game seems almost greedy.

I'm just a little bummed out that I won't be able to participate on the invading and helping others with fights when GfWL gets shut down. I really hope they change it to Steamworks, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 20, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
I was just heading into Sens Fortress, with the trap floor plate and the two snake dudes before quitting the game and going on holiday. Before that, I fought and beat the boss in some demon lava pit shortly after beating Quelaag, and thought I'd be going deeper down, but decided against it after observing, then trying to take on a horde of demons waiting for me on the now dry lava floor (and dying, of course).

Is Sens Fortress the "recommended path" to take after beating Quelaag and then go to AL from the Fortress? I haven't tried very hard to beat the ghosts in the New Londo Ruins yet, maybe I should explore there first?

vNice, thanks.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 20, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Even better, thanks again.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Sivek posted:

25% off voucher at GMG that's applicable to Dark Souls II.

It only last a day, so get on it.

GMG025-EASTER-024HRS

Combine it with those sweet playfire funbux for some cheap Dark Souls II.

I thought GMG were sold out for copies of DS2?

vCool

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 21, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

If its your first run, you're going to miss almost all of the NPC side stories, and that's a-okay. Don't worry about it.

Very relieved to hear this, as I feel I am missing large parts of the game whenever I read posts in this thread.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I'm a little unsure what to do next/where to go. I've been through Undead Burg and Parish, the Depths and Blighttown through Quelaag's Domain but didn't do Demon's Ruins yet. I cleared the Catacombs but haven't done Tomb of the Giants. I went through Darkroot Garden and Basin but didn't do Valley of Drakes yet. I have access to New Londo Ruins but haven't gone in there either. I returned to the Undead Asylum and killed the two Black Knights there but didn't go after the Stray Demon there yet.

Out of the areas I haven't done yet (or ones I haven't encountered), are there any I should do first or should I just head for Sen's Fortress?

You're almost at the same place as me, I just beat the big guy immediately after arriving in Demons Ruins, but nothing more, and was just starting Sen's Fortress before I had to leave my gaming rig and Dark Souls behind for the Easter Holidays. Really looking forward to plow through the rest of the game in two days (when everybody else is playing 2).

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 22, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
I really hope this thread and everyone in it doesn't completely disappear because of DS2. I still have some way to go before finishing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKQw4cfoEqQ

:ohdear:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
I'm obviously doing something wrong in my fight against the Stray Demon. I'm standing behind him at all times, because that's the place that was supposed to be safe from his most used attack(?), but his attack hits me anyway. I am sure I'm loving up the range or something.

^^And yet, I beat Quelaag on my second try, alone.

vvGreat, thanks.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm using the best anti-magic shield I've got, but it's going slow since I'm only using a +5 Longsword. Also, I believe I hosed up a lot by using a lot of Titanite upgrading an anti-poison armor I used a long time when I was in Blighttown, but am not using much now.

vv I'll try that, thanks.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 24, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
^^I think maybe he was referring to my mentioning beating Quelaag, but not being able to beat the Stray Demon.

But:I finally beat the Stray Demon bastard with my trusty +5 Longsword, so thanks again people. It took forever, but w/evs.

Onward, to Sens Fortress, along with some upgrades from Andrei and the hunt for a special ring (thanks Raidou).

EDIT: I'm also unsure of using that black orb thing to invade and get the Firekeeper back, before going to Sens. I have to fight the knight I saved from the prison cell, right? And he is pretty hard to beat?

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 24, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
^^Okay, thanks again to the both of you.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Everytime I realize that sound of flames I can hear in the distance is just a flickering torch on the wall, I die a little inside!

Ah, you were so close too! But, yeah, it was frustrating for a while.

I'm at the top of Sens now, also did The Hollow and Ash Lake. Even found the "more loot" ring without a guide, I just tried everything and checked everywhere. Just killed the giant throwing barrels at me and ready to go through the fog door. Is there any point to defeating the monsters in the pit yet or should I wait until I defeat what looks like the Guardian on the other side of the fog?

EDIT: Also, I suddenly got the option to make some kind of +10 Lightning Spear at Andre, I guess I should just make it? Is it made from the Butterfly Soul or something similar?

vv Okay, thanks. I'll make that +10 Lightning Spear too, just to see how it works.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 24, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Faraday Cage posted:

The +10 Lightning Spear is actually something you already picked up from a special chest in Sen's Fortress, not something Andre will make for you.

Tarezax posted:

That's actually an option to revert the +0 Lightning Spear you already have to a +10 regular spear. Hope this isn't too late.

Takes No Damage posted:

^^^^ I was too slow :darksouls:

What you're seeing is the option to regress the lightning spear down to a +10 regular spear. While that may actually increase the damage based on your stats, it will lose the lightning aspect, and you can't make more until you get to the end of Anor Londo. That's also where you'll be able to make weapons using boss souls.

You guys are the best, thanks. And you weren't too late, had to get some sleep after last session and didn't get around to regress the lightning spear to a normal +10 spear.

immortal flow posted:

Killing the Titanite Demons in the pit isn't necessary. The two in the second room are, iirc, tougher than the first 2 you bump into as well. If you want the Demon Titanite and a chance at a Catch Pole go for it, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

edit - oh yeah there's also a Scythe down there or something.

Gobblecoque posted:

The Scythe is totally worth it; it's one of my favorite weapons in the game.

Thanks, I'll make a note of it and maybe check out the "fun pit" later.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 25, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Oh, so THOSE are the archers in Anor Londo that everybody talks about!

:argh:

Jerusalem posted:

I actually hoped to do something like that but he caught me while I was trying to run back! Happily I had found the bonfire at the bottom of the rotating platform so I won't need to run through the full level all over again.

I just defeated those myself 5 minutes ago :)

Felt so big and bad when I got them on my first try and they both suicided. Then I almost died a few moments later. Hubris in Dark Souls is the most dangerous foe.

When first meeting them, for a second I thought about strafing and gunning them down with my bow, but then I discovered they both had homing missiles for arrows and decided to just make a run for it.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 25, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Dark Souls: Hubris is the most dangerous foe.

Yes! I feel so proud to be the source of a potentially new thread titl... [dies again]

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Appreciate the offer, thanks, but I'm one of those weirdos who prefers soloing stuff - I like to set my own pace and always worry that I'm either holding people back or forcing them through faster than they'd like. Good luck to you though, may your deaths all come in places it is easy to get back to!

Today, for the first time since starting the game, I accepted help by summoning a stranger, in Anor Londo. Although I appreciated the help, it felt like I was cheating myself out of discovering enemies and items at my own pace, and it made me feel a little stressed to have to "keep up" with the poor guy. He died while helping me with a demon, and I salute his efforts, but I will probably go solo for the rest of the game.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Awesome Animals posted:

No problem! My steam name is "Save the Turtles" if you change your mind

(If this relates to me, as well as for Jerusalem) I'll give you a holla' if I feel the urge for jolly coop again, thanks :)

EDIT: Sent you a friend invite, Steam name is Ghost of Bukowski.

legendsuper posted:

I won't tackle the DLC for now, but I plan to restart a NG where I'll play much more online, as a sunbro, if the game isn't totally dead yet of course.

Yeah, I'm thinking of playing more as human in my next playthrough too and maybe do some more cooping. I just want to play through it solo once.

Switched.on posted:

I'm the same way. I only coop when I get stuck on a boss, or to help people in an area I've cleared before. I'm spending more time cooping in DSIi though since there's a lot of bosses, so I can still get my solo fix.

I'll wait for a better deal before getting DS2, which might take some time, so there will at least be one other person left playing DS for some time.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 26, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Flumpus posted:

I also feel really bad, 'cause I want to open up the Lost Izalith shortcut, and the easiest way to get the 30 humanity I need is to invade as a Darkwraith. I'm invading in Undead Burg, and it is indeed easy and fast to get the humanity, I'd just like to publicly apologize to everyone I'm encountering here (except the NG+ guys that are way better than me).

I didn't even know this was a thing. I thought there was no point to having your Humanity over 10 or something, but can't remember why.

EDIT: vv I see, thanks.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 26, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Rynoto posted:

You have to give Quelaag's Sister the Humanity to get the shortcut.

Pretty sure Curse res is the only useful stat that scales after 10 liquid.

^::argh:

I gave her 1 Humanity previously, out of curiosity, as well as with the dragon in Ash Lake, and it said my bond was strengthened with that covenant or something. Does the rest 29 stack with the one I already gave away or do I have to give all 30 in a row to unlock the shortcut? Or maybe I have to start over again if I changed Covenant from the Chaos(?) Covenant of Quelaags sister?

Flumpus posted:

It's so nice... I went through the long, full way my first time through, and everyone should (just like everyone should go the long way through Blighttown once), but no thanks in this run.

Yeah, I'm beginning to understand that you can take plenty of shortcuts and "break" the game that way, but I must say I've really been enjoying the full tour.

EDIT: vv Thanks.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 26, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Hours of almost getting Giant Ornstein down only for something (me) to gently caress up and then the game completely crashes on me - I think it was trying to tell me to take a goddamn rest and try again later.

I haven't got the game to crash on me yet, but as for breaks I enjoy watching Geops LP in between sessions. I play an area first and then see how he did it/see what I missed, it's really enjoyable.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

It's funny how you "outgrow" former deathzones. I decided to return to Blighttown to pick up the Eagle Shield I missed the first time, and I was just dancing around the infested barbarians that used to terrify me and casually backstabbing them and kicking them into the abyss.

Same with Sen's, I quite happily shift back and forth through there now without a second thought. Even Anor Londo is pretty drat straightforward now apart from loving Giant Ornstein who keeps killing me just when I think I've finally gotten him.

This is so true. I had to go back to Blighttown to open the secret door behind/under Quelaags lair, and just breezed through, taking "breaks" between runs to fight off those cute inhabitants.

And then voluntarily jumping down into the "fun pit" in Sen's Fortress, pummeling 3 of the same one demon that terrified me at first at Andre's place.

Also, O&S :negative: On my third try, I had just one more strike to kill Ornstein, then he lightning-jumped one last time, killing me instead. God drat it.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 27, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

legendsuper posted:

The only thing you need to know about O&S solo is: try rolling, preferably with less than 25% equip load.
Armour is really irrelevant in this game, I never equip something else than pants and sometimes masks.

I am (and have been under 25% through the whole game) :smith:

grancheater posted:

Another important thing: Ornstein isn't that hard to stunlock. Getting 2-3 hits on him while Smough is stuck on a pillar is pretty good.

I'll try to stunlock him, thanks.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
War stories:

I was still struggling with O & S, like usual. I got so fed up that I went and killed the hydra in Darkroot Basin. The same creature I didn't even dare to approach earlier in my playthorugh, because of the massive/scary water magic it sent at me, was now a vacation. I also took a trip to Undead Burg, and looked for the Kite Dragon but he was nowhere to be found. I know someone in this thread wrote something about how to "summon" him again but I didn't bother, 'cause defeating that hydra gave me the motivation to try O & S again:

On my way back through Sen's Fortress, on the first bridge with the swinging pendulum things, I am meaning to right click on the one snake dude on the bridge before my shortcut elevator. The targeting reticle instead targets a lightning snake on the side of the bridge, this catches me by surprise of course and I fall of the side. But: while falling down to either my doom or just some lost health, I instantly manage to click attack button, to make sure that even if I lose some health, IF there is someone under me, I am drat well gonna score a critical hit on my way down - and this happens automatically, I didn't have time to think before after it happened. After the fall, and while I chug down that sweet Estus goodness, I'm realizing this game is now under my skin.

Back in Anor Londo, I discover I have a Humanity in the top left corner. So I thought "OK, I'm gonna unhollow and summon someone and see how it goes". I summon forth a dude on my way up the stairs to the great cathedral, but didn't really plan on what to do in advance; I wanted to spend some souls at the Giant Blacksmith, but thought maybe this guy wanted to go straight for the boss. Cue a dude invading, and it was a god drat circus. We dance around, and defeat the invader, and then run between enemies which I had forgotten I hadn't taken care of since my last rest at the bonfire, while staying alive the whole way to O & S. I think I maybe had 6 Estus flasks available. I stop and pause before the entrance and point to it with a gesture, making sure my compadre is with me to the boss, poor bastard, I must have taken his head for a spin there a moment.

Enter O & S. He's taking on the Dragonslayer, I the Executioner. Believe it or not, we manage to defend ourselves very nicely, and I even manage to heal at strategic times so when he has half his energy gone, I use a Estus and we both benefit from it. At least I think we did, it was chaotic. He defeats the Dragonslayer first, and then it's us versus prince-lightning-club and we actually manage to defeat him! Hooray. Turns out the most rotten execution of a non-plan was the best tactic for beating O & S, who'd have guessed? After, I get a message from my saviour, who I am sure thought we would both die horribly in that session, he's saying "great job" and that he's only paying it forward, since another guy helped him with the same fight. I promise him I'll do the same and we part ways.

A great evening, and I'm going back in right after this post.

EDIT: vv Awesome! Congrats!

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 28, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Nostratic posted:

Beating O&S is such a huge relief! I've made more progress since then than I had since I picked up the game again a month or so ago. FEELS GOOD!

One thing I've noticed as I've carefully read this thread is that you guys seem to know a hell of a lot more about what's next than I do. Am I just that good at avoiding spoilers or have I just forgotten that much about the early game? I struggled a bit after O&S because I wasn't really sure what came next until I wound up back at Firelink.

Now I'm in New Londo and heading toward the Four Kings. I think some more pain is coming.

I went straight to the Duke's Archives after O&S, maybe that was a bad choice? :ohdear:

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't got a clue what happens after O&S and I've been pretty good at avoiding spoilers, but I'd always heard that the O&S fight is one of the bigger roadblocks in the game that frustrates players.

It most certainly was. I was considering trying to beat them myself, but since it's my first playthrough I don't feel ashamed of having gotten a little help with that fight.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 28, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Beat Priscilla, yeah! t'was an unnerving battle, but fairly easy compared to...

Jerusalem posted:

DOWN GOES ORNSTEIN! DOWN GOES ORNSTEIN! :hellyeah:

Congrats!

Mordaedil posted:

Congrats, now you can buy his armor at the merchant below the bridge at (near) Firelink shrine.

Really? Thanks for the tip, heading back there to get it.

EDIT: vv Ah, I'm an idiot, I was thinking it was the moss lady at first, that's a little longer to go, so I'll see if I find my way there eventually. I believe he had a lot of goodies, so I will save up some souls to buy other poo poo from him as well.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 28, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Is the Tomb of the Giants and The Catacombs the same thing/the same way down the stairs from Firelink?

v Thanks.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

^^^^ I think you can talk to her again? Maybe leave the area?

As long as you haven't killed you know who you can join the guild, worst case is you have to get absolution from Oswald.

------

After O&S you've unlocked the rest of the game, which you can now complete in any order you want.
Its really cool, I compared notes with all my friends after our first run, and we each did the big 4 in a different order.
I went after Duke's first because it seemed like the obvious place to go (near Anor Londo) but do whatever you want!

Things to do after Anor Londo: (Not really spoilers!)

Have you been to Catacombs yet? The graveyard? Do that already! Okay you did? Good. Wait, can you... keep going?

Remember that area New Londo Ruins at the bottom of the elevator that killed you in the beginning of the game?

Go check out the Duke's Archives on the hill near Anor Londo, some weird poo poo there

Oh hey remember Quelaag's place at the bottom of ~ BLIGHT TOWN ~ ? Because there's a whole lotta poo poo down there you probably didn't explore before... now's a good time!

Oh wait but don't forget there's the SUPER AWESOME DLC AREA which you can access by Talking to Dusk near where you fought the hydra at the lake, then go kill a golem in Duke's Archives, get an amulet, and then go back to the lake. At the end of the lake there'll be a weird portal...

Like Awesome Animals already said, this is great, thank you so much.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 29, 2014

• Locked thread