Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait to play this tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm trying to finish Demon Souls. Don't think I will beat it before Dark Souls unlock tomorrow, but at least I can try. But one thing, do they still have the world tendency, or you shouldn't worry too much about hollowing if you know there isn't coming up that will gently caress you over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now that it's out, has that guy posted his tool to raise the resolution and framerate yet?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How can you get the keyboard prompts to appear? I unplugged the 360 controller and yet the icons are still showing them and also having my mouse cursor appear on screen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got the buttons to finally to switch back to the keyboard icons, but I can't get the mouse cursor to disappear.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FallenGod posted:

Err, how? The options screens aren't and I can't even find an .ini file or anything to play with outside the game.

I had to unplug the controller to get it to go away. Shame until the mouse cursor is fixed I can't use this setup.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a way to swap the shoulder and bumper buttons on the 360?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What ports do you need to open up to allow co-op (and annoying black phantoms) to happen?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What ports do I need to open to summon people? Or should I just leave it as such so no cheating black phantoms can enter?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

Some quick googling turned up these for the PS3 version:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658

I'm not sure whether they changed it for the PC version but I would guess not. Give those a try and see how well it works.

Tried this (and already tried 3074 above) and still getting summoning failed all the time. Guess I just can't have any online co-op. :smith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

havenwaters posted:

If you have a xbox 360 and have set up upnp with XBL you may need to change what port you forward for GFWL because it could be conflicting with the XBL settings in your router.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/support/pages/troubleshootingissues.aspx

Scroll down to port override to see what you need to edit in your registry to change the GFWL port. Edit: Use decimal for the DWORD so you know what the port is.

Actually I somehow managed to summon someone after going to Window 7's Firewall setting and putting Dark Souls in both public and private (it was set for private only).

Also loving this game with MotionInJoy, as I am too used to playing Demon Souls to use a 360 controller on this game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So the new version of the fix adds SMAA support to the Has anyone tried it to see what it does?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can someone post all the texture replacements from the last few pages and with their matching names so you can use them?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone know a way to get Dusk's summon sign to appear? I said yes to her after saving her, but it didn't appear right away, so I quit and restarted and yet she still not appaering and her clothes are not near the DLC start.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

VisAbsoluta posted:

Also, this is a dumb suggestion, but I did this mistake once -- are you unhollow? I'm not sure, but I don't think it appears otherwise, it's the same mechanics of co-op.

I never actually been near her summon sign location as a hollow. I heard issues of her sign never appearing if you start the dlc after saving her, but I didn't since I didn't have the item at the time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Last King posted:

i'm sorry if it's really simple but i'm trying to overlay the ps3 controls from this picture so that the controls match up to a ps3 controller but even when i rename the file to 40fbc4ad.png as you suggested, put it in the tex_override folder and then enable texture overrides in dsfix, it still doesn't work for me. is there something i am missing?

Did you change the ini file? Easy way to tell is on the main menu, as the .12 release has a favor text added to the title screen that there for ensuring it working.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has there been any custom fixes since the source code been posted? The fix site hasn't been updated in a few days and haven't seen any posted yet. That and what about the custom textures, we had a big bunch on the 12th and now nothing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone made a custom version of the Dark Souls fix with the custom hud which doesn't glitch out on boss fights?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man, starting a new game (after beating both Dark Souls and Demon Souls) and causing the Black Knight in the Undead Parish to get roasted by the dragon just feels so good. Him dropping a black knight shield is even better. :toot:

Shame I can't trick Havel into going down to the Red Dragon bridge.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not been following news on Dark Souls 2 for a while, but when was it confirmed to be Steamworks without GFWL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So unless the servers get switched to Steam, Dark Souls on the PC won't be playable online anymore when July 1st 2014 rolls around.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/pc-games/age-of-empires-online-info

• Locked thread