Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Just got a cheesy idea, maybe considering adding Taxidermy to the game as as weird Upperclass hobby thing that goes arm in arm with hunting for pleasure with the current creatures? bonus points if the horribly stuffed remains can be cursed to become alive by the dark forces.

Thought you were safe from the Stuffed Fishman? YOU WERE WRONG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
Please enjoy Haunted Furniture:

https://www.gaslampgames.com/2016/06/15/dont-take-orders-from-haunted-furniture/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

What happens when it backfires?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

They making another Conjuring movie.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

SeanBeansShako posted:

What happens when it backfires?

My shelves say that nothing happens, it's Perfectly Safe.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.

SeanBeansShako posted:

What happens when it catches fire?
This is the question I'm truly interested in.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Does the priest burn? or the whole cabin?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Beta 51F is up: Steam knights, commodity fixes, various fun new events, and "saving and quitting to the main menu without closing the application":

https://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/beta-51f-steam-knights-and-general-flailing.17416/

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

nvining posted:

and "saving and quitting to the main menu without closing the application":
Huzzah!

e: "FIXED: fishpeople won't hit people with meat anymore"
But that was one of my main sources of meat! :(

Dareon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 18, 2016

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im still waiting for meat cubes to became cultist building material.

The game crashes on autosave now. It's done it twice on me now.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 18, 2016

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It crashed on exit for me. Which I always find amusing, like fifteen minutes after I'd stop playing The Secret World I'd get a pop-up telling me The Secret World had encountered an error and needed to close. I also recall one game that would always throw an error on exit, and they either couldn't figure out why or didn't have enough time to fix it before release, so they just changed the error message to a thank-you. :v:

On a more serious note, I have minor complaints about the degree of hill that the game deems flattenable. I'm completely fine with not being able to level a cliff (Although it would be nice to eventually have some way to make a more obvious ramp in one), but I'd like to be able to tell what would and would not be flattened in an area.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Im still waiting for meat cubes to became cultist building material.

The game crashes on autosave now. It's done it twice on me now.

Same, making it unplayable until a hotfix unfortunately. :(

nvining
May 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm looking into this now.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Hotfix 51G is now online, which makes some attempt to fix the instability. If somebody can have a look at it, it would be much appreciated.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Hotfix 51H is now online! It should fix the crashes-while-saving.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

nvining posted:

Hotfix 51H is now online! It should fix the crashes-while-saving.

:)

No crashes so far.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
No crashes so far for me.

A Steam Knight does not count as a soldier for quality of life

A Steam Knight also will only patrol near the start point.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh hey I remembered that this game exists. I don't think I've thought about it since oh 2014 or so.

What's new pussycat

nvining
May 30, 2011

President Ark posted:

Oh hey I remembered that this game exists. I don't think I've thought about it since oh 2014 or so.

What's new pussycat

Dude, you follow me on Twitter. Constantly. Obviously I need to up my level of Brand Synergy.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Dareon posted:

It crashed on exit for me. Which I always find amusing, like fifteen minutes after I'd stop playing The Secret World I'd get a pop-up telling me The Secret World had encountered an error and needed to close. I also recall one game that would always throw an error on exit, and they either couldn't figure out why or didn't have enough time to fix it before release, so they just changed the error message to a thank-you. :v:

You're probably thinking of Wing Commander; the game was crashing on exit in the EMM386 memory manager, so they binpatched the memory manager to display "thank you for playing Wing Commander" as the error message.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

nvining posted:

Dude, you follow me on Twitter. Constantly. Obviously I need to up my level of Brand Synergy.

Well, yeah, but I mean I remembered this exists in a real fashion as opposed to a metaphysical "hmmm yeah people sure are talking about that thing that doesn't really exist" way.

I'm not making any sense, am I?

nvining
May 30, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

You're probably thinking of Wing Commander; the game was crashing on exit in the EMM386 memory manager, so they binpatched the memory manager to display "thank you for playing Wing Commander" as the error message.

Well, if it works...

Anyhow, if it crashes on exit again with 51H, let me know? Otherwise, it's probably the same bug in different shoes. Bugs wear shoes now.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
51H seems fine so far, aside from my accidentally embarking with the no supplies start. :downs:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Dareon posted:

51H seems fine so far, aside from my accidentally embarking with the no supplies start. :downs:

Alternate embarkation option: you arrive with 5-10 workers, but your starting supplies have to hike out to the colony over the next several days.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
My Steam Knight keeps walking past fish people who decide to mess with my crops.

Also are guard towers going to be a thing I can utilize to keep watch over parts of my colony?

Edit: The game crashes when I reach 30 people and get my little golden gift. Alternatively it could be the bandit raid that seems to want to happen at the same time.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jun 20, 2016

nvining
May 30, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

My Steam Knight keeps walking past fish people who decide to mess with my crops.

Also are guard towers going to be a thing I can utilize to keep watch over parts of my colony?

Edit: The game crashes when I reach 30 people and get my little golden gift. Alternatively it could be the bandit raid that seems to want to happen at the same time.

Can you send me a DMP file for that? I got the golden gift this morning and it was fine, so... weird...

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
After the third load it worked fine into the night. Might have been the bandit raid but I dont know. Ill send the dmp as soon as I can.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Most peculiar. Anyhow, Revision 51J is now up which should also fix the second half of the commodity bug, which we didn't notice for some reason.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mild texture stitching bug. Which honestly made me look at where the algorithm's working properly and think "Huh, that's really good." Which I suppose is one of the problems with programming. If you're code's working right, no one notices.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Yeah, basically. There are a handful of bugs in the terrain blending and stitching code - I don't even think this is one of the worse ones - but it's just not getting looked at for now. Priorities!

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

The beta 52 update is here!

Major additions:

Steam Knights!
Barracks control over military squad loadout
Exciting Event Arcs!
A Better Economy
All sorts of UI bits and bobs!

Full changelog (there's a lot!):
https://www.gaslampgames.com/2016/06/21/clockwork-empires-june-update-knights-of-steam/

Let us know what you think.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We need that art wallpaper sized right now.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SeanBeansShako posted:

We need that art wallpaper sized right now.

What he said

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive!

Or full PNG: http://theorysend.com/uploads/c03e4a0c8dcbfb3e16acdd4b701a52a8e56599aa (Dunno how long this will stay up, had to find a site that didn't compress the png)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thanks, hope you guys and the beta build do well with the STEAM sale!

nvining
May 30, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

Thanks, hope you guys and the beta build do well with the STEAM sale!

Here's hoping! (If anybody feels like leaving us a nice review this week, this is a good time to do it.)

Zaardvark
Apr 28, 2015

Ceci n'est pas un GIF.
Here's my monthly Clockwork Empires video. Steam Knights are in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiNHZS41EfE

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I posted this question a year or so ago, but I'm just checking in again, how does this compare in content (in it's current state of course,) to something like Banished, or Stonehearth, or Gnomoria

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

Daynab posted:

Ask and ye shall receive!

Or full PNG: http://theorysend.com/uploads/c03e4a0c8dcbfb3e16acdd4b701a52a8e56599aa (Dunno how long this will stay up, had to find a site that didn't compress the png)

Is that Nick Swordson thrusting a.......Sword?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

nvining posted:

(If anybody feels like leaving us a nice review this week, this is a good time to do it.)
Done that. Unfortunately, I'm not good at writing reviews.

• Locked thread