Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

nvining posted:

hot off the press.

Please, please tell me there will be cheesy jokes like this in-game.

e: what am I saying, of course there will be

Deki fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

nvining posted:

Today, David talks about setting people on fire:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/04/16/how-to-set-people-on-fire/

I know we've all been waiting for this one. Sorry it's a bit late, but it's here for you now - hot off the press.

The cult of Boatmurdered approves. :black101:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

nvining posted:

Today, David talks about setting people on fire:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/04/16/how-to-set-people-on-fire/

I know we've all been waiting for this one. Sorry it's a bit late, but it's here for you now - hot off the press.

This is looking pretty hot.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I really like the "I am on fire" icon more than is probably reasonable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

I also had characters who are on fire set adjacent objects on fire but that got out of hand almost instantly so I’ve commented that bit of the script out ’til I get a chance to balance its effects properly. In anticipation of that glorious day, I did go through every entry in our commodities database and tag appropriate goods with either “flammable” or “explosive”.

This is a glorious day indeed.

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
PCGamesN has a Clockwork Empires preview which opens with my particularly wonderful Peter Molyneux dream:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/indie/way-lies-madness-gaslamp-games-and-clockwork-empires

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Aww man I looked at the OP and it said it was coming out in early 2014 so I hoped it would be out by now :( This game looks like it'll scratch the itch for a city management/economy game I've been having for a long time

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

nvining posted:

PCGamesN has a Clockwork Empires preview which opens with my particularly wonderful Peter Molyneux dream:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/indie/way-lies-madness-gaslamp-games-and-clockwork-empires

So, will there be an Apple Tree whose fruit inspires creativity and eventual madness in Clockwork Empires? :haw:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I look forward to damning Johnny Appleseed, destroyer of a thousand colonies.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

nvining posted:

By mentioning Basil Fawlty this become my new favorite preview/Interview.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I've been on a colonization binge lately in anticipation of this game. I discovered the Religion and revolutions mod for Civ4: Colonization and the truckload of little extras it brings to the game is a lot of fun. Some of its a bit tedious (cotton to cloth, indigo to dues, dyes + cloth to coloured fabrics) but it lets me do what I like best, setting up production chains.

The mod gets a lot of justified flack because it models slavery, which is just unnecessary, but overall it's a fun experience.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Demiurge4 posted:

I've been on a colonization binge lately in anticipation of this game. I discovered the Religion and revolutions mod for Civ4: Colonization and the truckload of little extras it brings to the game is a lot of fun. Some of its a bit tedious (cotton to cloth, indigo to dues, dyes + cloth to coloured fabrics) but it lets me do what I like best, setting up production chains.

The mod gets a lot of justified flack because it models slavery, which is just unnecessary, but overall it's a fun experience.

If you get that upset over colonization games modeling slavery don't ever even think about touching Europa Universalis. There's a whole lot of money down there in Africa :twisted:

nvining
May 30, 2011

Okay, finally got Revision 14 out the door. Lucky Ticket Winners, Check your E-Mails. We need to do paperwork, or so I am told now.

(Enthusiasm is being noted, still. I have lists.)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
:stare:

Gonna be SO hard no to break this NDA. Oh man.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Aww, I was kind of hoping that there wouldn't be an NDA. At least it's not going to be too long before Early access testing right?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:stare: I HAVE BEEN CHOSEN :unsmigghh:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Deadmeat5150 posted:

NDAs really are a tricky thing aren't they?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The NDA isn't to stop the spread of secrets, its to keep the madness contained until its too late.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The NDA isn't to stop the spread of secrets, its to keep the madness contained until its too late.

This!

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

The winners can alway say the voices told them to spill the beans.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I once shared a WoW screenshot of the Burning Crusade beta with a friend, does this preclude me from any beta access? :ohdear:

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.
Compliance to be extracted via syringe and sent for immediate use at the Gaslamp offices.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
My desktop power supply blew itself out last night, before tripping the circuit breaker.

IT KNEW :gonk:

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
What really is an NDA when you think about it? At best it's just a piece of paper that want's to be in charge of you. Don't give in to the demands of wood pulp.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I have signed a blood pact and can't speak of nor show the horrors soon to be unleashed. What's all this talk of NDAs?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I have signed a blood pact and can't speak of nor show the horrors soon to be unleashed. What's all this talk of NDAs?

I believe it stands for No! Don't- AAARRRGGHH!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
There are a number of bugs in this latest build that are irritating but the fun is already there. Once the basics are down, about the first three colonies, that emergent storytelling is already there! I don't think I can go more into it yet.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

There are a number of bugs in this latest build that are irritating but the fun is already there. Once the basics are down, about the first three colonies, that emergent storytelling is already there! I don't think I can go more into it yet.

This is the first time I've felt happiness today!

File the bugs in our forum, sir, and let's see if we can't fix some of that with Revision 15.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I hope it counts that I've basically told anyone I know who liked the guild or anno that they should keep up with this project. I don't post much but welp. Not relevant probably but god The Guild was good.

God this looks good. I hope it's not all cthulhu stuff, much as I enjoy that.

Merry easter from my happy place in Italy. Any grammar and spelling poo poo is due to my phone.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

nvining posted:

This is the first time I've felt happiness today!

That's got to be a bug, right?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

LtSmash posted:

That's got to be a bug, right?

Of course it is. Happiness, as with all emotions, has been calculated to be a defect. Please report to the trepanation hall immediately to rectify this. :geno:

e: Is trepanation in the game?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Admiral Funk posted:

What really is an NDA when you think about it? At best it's just a piece of paper that want's to be in charge of you. Don't give in to the demands of wood pulp.

"Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master." :haw:

Also,

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Stop it you bastard! All you're doing is torturing us!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
C'mon, nvining, Goon-only alpha, you know you want to!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I wouldn't, the NDA document forms a delayed activation langford basilisk when viewed as a whole, your brain will run out of your ears if you try.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

nvining posted:

Okay, finally got Revision 14 out the door.

One step closer to the ticketless, slavering cretins in this thread such as myself getting to actually look behind the curtain!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Uuuugh I make it a point not to closely follow the development of games I'm really looking forward to precisely so that I don't have to hang breathlessly on every single word and detail.

Curse you, Gaslamp Games!!! (early access can't come fast enough)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm going to have to stay away from this thread for awhile. My will was once strong like stone but is now more like soup.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I'm going to have to stay away from this thread for awhile. My will was once strong like stone but is now more like soup.

I don't even know what this means. Did we ship some Brain Worms?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wait, how do you sign up for closed beta thing?

edit: To put your name in the hat.

nvining
May 30, 2011

derriere demons posted:

Wait, how do you sign up for closed beta thing?

edit: To put your name in the hat.

Oh, we're just pulling people from random places because we're basically just trolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

nvining posted:

Oh, we're just pulling people from random places because we're basically just trolls.

Don't trust pecs like that. Don't trust them!

The worms will get you.

nvining posted:

I don't even know what this means. Did we ship some Brain Worms?

It means I have to check myself over and over again on Facebook and everywhere else not to gab about the game.

• Locked thread