Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

^^^ me too :haw:

My my, does this look absolutely awesome. More cultists and Elder Gods is exactly what videogames need nowadays!

Keep up the good work, I look forward to giving you my money as soon as you churn out something even barely playable. I love steampunk, eldritch horrors and management simulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Good to see you will finally accept my hard-earned money. Here you go. :homebrew:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I managed to play an half-hour and the game works pretty well, apart from a little bug or two: laying fields on top of other fields and then clicking on them pops up two selection wheels, of which only one is clickable, the other stays on the screen forever - and the rally / explore commands seem to not work at all, the cursor stays onscreen when I click and nothing happens.

Reported already to Her Majesty's Complaints Department, I guess some steam knights will come by my house and reassign me to some work camp far away.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hunting? And how would you do that? I harvest resources by clicking on them and selecting "Chop/mine/forage" that pops up, but when I click on animals the game just goes on camera-follow mode. Also, I queue up stuff in my kitchen but it never gets done :( I have a lot of wheat fields, lots of wheat, but baking bread takes forever and wheat keeps piling up while the bread gets eaten as soon as it's out of the oven and I have starvation problems (also, everybody is thinking about The Act of Murder all the time)

This game rocks but it's pretty obscure at times. I know it's still in alpha phase, but a small pdf manual/blog post on how to do basic things would be very appreciated.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Thank you! I jumped on the game so fast, that I didn't even look at the official forums. How silly of me.

But why isn't anybody cooking the queued-up lingonberry preserves, choosing instead to rant about the daily grind or admire fine machinery while they starve to death? :eng99:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Those cats are really quite beautiful.

This prompts me to ask: will there be cats in the colonies?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

nvining posted:

No, but how do you feel about pet beetles?

Disgusted and murderous. Guess it's already working as intended!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

nvining posted:

- characters will continue to eat/sleep until their hunger and tiredness are reduced

Will there be a bug feature where a colonist has unsatiable hunger and murders and eats everybody else?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I love monthly reports because they have lots of inaccurate made-up percentages. Also there's cats at the end.

Seconding the opinion that you're great, keep it up, I need more eldritch cults in my videogames.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

nvining posted:

Today's blogpost is writ in a manner,
suggestive of old Viking Saga.
It might have been a mistake -
I've got quite the headache,
because of the trochaic tetrameter.

https://www.gaslampgames.com/2015/09/02/technical-progress-updates-as-viking-saga-or-the-kalevining/

I was never more glad to spend 30$ on a game that I barely played. This alone is worth the price, and makes you much better than any AAA-company.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

nvining posted:

We aim to get you your money's worth. That said, why haven't you played it? Just waiting for the complete product?

Yes mostly that, I really like the game but I don't want to burn out on early access; I just log in now and then, build giant houses and watch my colonists fantasize about murdering their fellows for an hour or so. Lots of fun!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

gently caress the ROW posted:

This, and the actual lovecraftian horrors are what I'm waiting for. Colony sims are a dime a dozen, show me the horrific monsters.

This, please. Watching colonists think about cultist murder and summoning Quaggaroth is fun, watching them actually do so will be amazing.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SeanBeansShako posted:

What? never heard of Waterloo teeth?

The 19th century was a weird rear end time, even outside fictional steampunk settings.

Ok this is one of the most disgusting things I ever heard. I can get it, but I don't want to.

Please implement this and make people form cults over it?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I started up a new game a couple weeks ago (so previous patch than the one currently out I think), and I noticed putting things in queue in my carpentty workshop gives me say an order for 0/5 planks that just sits there.

Planks are produced but the number never updates, is that normal? Also I can only make one order at a time, is that because I only have one workbench so if I need both planks and bricabrac I must either get another workbench or swap orders manually?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hello Sailor posted:

Yes, you need a second workbench to work on multiple items. It won't stagger items (unless you put in a bunch of alternating single-item requests). Also, are the planks being claimed as you build them? It's possible you have the work order set to "have 5 in reserve" instead of "build only 5". It might also just be an issue of broken save compatibility; there's been a lot of changes in the last few updates.

It confuses me, and now I kinda want to start worshiping unnamed entities.

How do you alternate single request? Say I have a single workbench and want to make 5 planks and 3 bricabracs, how do I do that?

I will try starting a fresh game next time and check better.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Uh so this is it? That's awesome, but is there finally an overarching campaign / event chain or is it still a random generated sandbox where the only thing that happens is "you get +2 colonists" and you only build until you get bored?

Edit: I know it is a colony building simulation so I don't expect a proper story but I don't recall seeing many events at all, just wondering if Stuff Happens now

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sad to hear / see this, game looked very promising and I am still glad I got early access to support the devs who look like a very nice bunch but the situation is frankly disappointing.

Nvining used to come out all the time with news and explanations, hopefully we'll get one?

• Locked thread