Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Late 2013

Aw noooooooooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my yes. You've got your mascot character right there Gaslamp. :allears: Diggles everywhere!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ssthalar posted:

Wait, what!?
I need this!

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2012/07/13/dredmors-how-old/
:allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo you're giving me horrible SpaceChem factory setup flashbacks here. That's a good thing.

Cant wait to reroute pigs into brick presses.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've got pretty good faith in Gaslamp to do the Steampunk theme justice. By which I mean make it as ridiculous as possible.

quote:

It's got a cog on it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

nvining posted:

Perhaps. But if you're not going to try to go compete for the gold, you may as well just go home.

(I'm sure there will be the usual mad cycle of post-release content and patching and who knows what else too. One thing we're very big on as a company is standing by the software we make and fixing anything that's wrong. Dredmor is a *lot* better than it was a year ago.)

And it's paying off. Dredmor is still a game I'm playing til today, right from the release.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Has Spacechem had any influence on this? It's the first game I thought of when you mentioned pipes feeding outputs from buildings into the input slots of other buildings.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm just reminded of an old 4x game which was littered with useless research techs, and your scientists would complain about wasting their time. Until you researched other equally useless techs and combined them into something horrifying/wonderful. Wish I could remember what it was though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

nvining posted:

... why do people feel compelled to tell me these things?

It's probably the throbbing veins.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Disgraced Former Mayor/Town Drunkard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Birds. What are birds? We just dont know. ?

Oooh, the past holiday season has me wondering, will the game feature public events and holidays? Massive festive gatherings around a symbolic pine tree with attached cyclopean monolith, endlessly spewing forth gift after terrifying gift?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or a demolition upgrade. Reduces a building to rubble in a fraction of the time. (may cause other similarly shaped buildings to also collapse)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm lodging a protest over how clean those interiors are. The grubbiness slider needs to be set to at least 7 or 9

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Will there be options to make the game more of a hellscape? Burning sulfur fields are so pretty at night. :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's not artillery! It's hunting gear!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Was the question really answered, or does it open the question of 'Does the barber care if meat is alive or dead?'?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Didnt we see a model of a leech jar already? Pretty sure we've been over the barber bit a while back.

edit:
http://www.gaslampgames.com/2013/07/17/the-barber-of-cogville/
I told you I wasnt crazy!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

I also had characters who are on fire set adjacent objects on fire but that got out of hand almost instantly so I’ve commented that bit of the script out ’til I get a chance to balance its effects properly. In anticipation of that glorious day, I did go through every entry in our commodities database and tag appropriate goods with either “flammable” or “explosive”.

This is a glorious day indeed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Things are speeding along apparently. What's the timeline towards a complete release?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BRB, starting up clockworkempires.nexus.com.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not building placement, but Robocraft has a nice building tool. LMB places, wheel rotates, RMB deletes. The block selector in it is complete rear end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not sure about wall-mounts specifically. There are lots of larger than 1x1 items though: http://wiki.n1nj4.com/index.php?title=Rooms

Oh wait, the big screen for the control room: http://wiki.n1nj4.com/index.php?title=Big_Screen

• Locked thread