Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Saint Freak posted:

Your poster says 'Orphan'. Are there Orphans and Urchins?

Orphans evolve into Urchins at level 27, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Replace standard plague masks with diggle masks.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Orv posted:

Well fantastic. You guys have basically managed to plumb everything I've ever wanted in a management sim, and then Cthulhu. If this goes together even half as well as you're imagining, I can't imagine playing much else for a long time.

Where do you guys stand on Nerve Stapling?

From the PC Gamer interview:

quote:

NV: It also turns out that putting gears in everybody’s brain is a good idea.

Is that something you can do?

DJ: This was one of your Megaproject ideas…

NV: The Wetware Initiative.

DB: I think some way of nerve-stapling your people, whether it involves gears or Leyden jars or whatever… To turn them into less… They have less of a tendency to go insane.

NV: I hadn’t thought about electroshock therapy. Thank you! I’m going to put that down…

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

rargphlam posted:

Also, I learned nvining's HORRIBLE SECRET (It may or may not be Derek Smart related).

Oh god now I have to know.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

As dumb as most of Zybourne Clock was, a giant steam "hologram projector" thing would be kinda cool as a megaproject/wonder. Bonus points when the Others from beyond the veil take it over and now you have a giant screeching steamhologram eyeball demon informing everyone what time it is.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

President Ark posted:

AT THE SOUND OF THE SCREAMS OF THE DAMNED, IT WILL BE SIX OF THE CLOCK! YOU SHALL LIE IN ETERNAL TORMENT WHEN THE RED CROW COMES FORTH! :byodood:

Yeah, basically this. (couple second ambient soundbite from Borderlands 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Triskelli posted:

Dammit, that is just too perfect, but I don't think the Lovecraft Estate would let it fly.

Also, no blog update this tuesday? :(

Actually it'd be the Games Workshop lawyers you'd have to wrestle with on that.

• Locked thread