Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Whoa, lost for words. Reading that article struck all the right chords with me. I'm more optimistic than skeptical after playing Dungeons of Dredmor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Pseudohog posted:

Just wondering, have any of you guys read Gregory Keyes' The Age Of Unreason books? The whole 'alchemy/steampunk gone horribly wrong' aestheic of the books sounds a bit like what you were getting at - people abusing the power of the new 'science', without much thought about the suffering it causes!

This description reminds me a bit of the series "Fringe", apart from the steampunk. Mainly the "people abusing science" part. I can highly recommend it in any case.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Just want to chime in and say I loving love this game, I'm more excited for this than any other game on the horizon right now. It's beyond what I ever dared dream of in DF, with one of the coolest game studios around doing it. Much flattery, etc.

Reading the latest update, I have a question about the "assignment" system though. I understand it as the job being assigned to the specific bush. Imagine the following: Harvest berry bushes is set to auto, and workers clear half a patch of berry bushes. Something horrible happens in the outpost, most of the people are killed. There is still a job, "pick berries", assigned to one of the bushes in the middle of the berry patch, but there are no workers around to do the job. The outpost takes a long time to recover from Cthulhu's visit, The Tesla Coil Incident, or whatever happened. In the meantime, some of the berry bushes have regrown, but the job is still assigned to the bush in the middle of the berry patch, so when new workers arrive, they'll walk out into the middle of the berry patch and start, rather than just picking the berries closest to the town.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this. Just a thought.

• Locked thread