Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
I can only assume the people who fund such schemes in other games are wealthy beyond sense, pliable beyond reason or self-loathing to the point of wishing to be punished for their horrible horrible deeds with either fees or tedium.

Combinations of the above are of course entirely possible.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to this game most eagerly indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
This leads me to imagine suddenly getting mysterious new colonists from... somewhere... wearing heavy trenchcoats and hats and using names like Norm Guy and Bob Personson. Revealing them as fishpeople or killing them provokes amphibious violence. Not revealing them causes... I don't know? Halfbreeds with a much higher tendency to go violently insane? Unecessary cannibalism as stealth fishperson chefs use human meat where possible? Higher rates of cult formation?

This would be a selling point in any case. Would be tempted to keep one stealth fishperson around as a comical colony mascot if at all practical.

"What? Oh no, that's just Norm. Don't stare, he just has an embarassing skin condition that makes him cold, wet, slimy and a bit scaly. He's very sensitive about it, the poor dear."

• Locked thread