Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Is this out in beta already?

EDIT: Nope, gotta wait for the release argh.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm eagerly going to keep checking this thread until it happens!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I look forward to bravely leading my noble Royal Marines to their deaths in the wilderness for some cheap resources.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Will different sized Mutton Chops denote senoirity with the Military forces?

Nevets posted:

I do believe the lower classes aren't addicted enough to Opium. Would you like to order another shipment?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Will we have the option to pick what colour our soldiers fancy Victorian steampunk uniforms can be? And if possible, can we choose the colour of the pants and uniform decoration too?

Or is that getting too fiddily. If so that is cool.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

When chaos is happening to the colony, you'll be happy to know the Officers will be lounging around their mess in the barracks sending off their bat boys to do all the hard work.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There should be a way to 'donate' a dead Colonist body to the University or Doctors to help things out medical wise for the rest of the colony. Like we'd have room for things like 'graveyards'.

Take up good factory and Zeppelin hanger spaces.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also, will there be Highwaymen, Zeppelin Pirates and Anarchists causing chaos inside the colony too? Will I have the option to execute them with cannon? or throw them out a Zeppelin?

Sorry if you've got detailed articles about this stuff already, I'm slowly wading through them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If your art guys need it, I have a gigantic list of images (photos, plates and general sketches) of Napoleonic Wars uniform I will happily drop into this thread for them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hey no problem. I'm just going go crazy nuts waiting for the release date for this now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

LotsBread posted:

Regular batshit crazy, that is

If these poor buggers are actually modeled after my country men, that really is the default sort of thing for most of them.

Will you guys be using the 'classic' Victorian diseases like Typhoid or will you be making your own?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

rudatron posted:

I hope there is a legitimate in-game disease that spreads through miasma and other early theories that existed at that time.

'Feeling off? drink this irridiated water and you'll feel right as rain. Don't whine at me man about losing your hair. Everyone knows hair is caused by the devils sin.'

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh dear, how will he smoke now?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

quote:

Shortly after that, we got people actually eating food. This created the usual cavalcade of bugs: people eating the same food, people eating invisible food, people eating food in somebody else’s hands and in one case inside somebody else’s body.

Eaters gotta eat.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm more of a bicornerd.

Also, love that design.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Somebody will mod it in later anyways.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So how will the people of the colony kick back and relax to avoid going crazy?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Doesn't surprise me the Clockwork Upperclass would bring their entire dining room with to the Colonies. There is a famous satircal picture from the twenties of some well off British couple having a dinner party in the middle of some African jungle all dressed up to the nines with all the needed wine glasses, forks and tables being served by well dressed valets.

Keep up the good work guys, seriously looking forward to this like I've mentioned before.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am oddly curious and have to ask this, but will there be a special facial hair assignment code giving the more serious and patriotic men of the colony the well trimmed and clipped moustaches and beards whilst the commoners have unkempt hair bushes?

Or will Barbers deal with facial hair along with minor surgery too?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lets Play Support?

Interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing about that later now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also RE fortifcation chat, will there be the cheap rear end Blockhouses for the misery Colonial Overseer?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

While the Lovecraftian Horror angle is pretty cool and all, I really hope there are plenty of other crazy external situations that can occur/trigger with the game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I have plans on exporting the cheapest nastiest gin back to the mother country myself.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I was wondering that as well.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Uh, I don't suppose we can have like the first image in wallpaper size at some point in the future?

For personal reasons. Ahem. Also, awesome!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

nvining posted:

I'll ask David in the morning what the deal is with that art (and what the resolution is) I know one of these was done as high-res for PC Gamer, and it might be that one.

Oh thank you, fingers crossed!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Instead of Pillboxes, I'd love some really crudely thrown together block houses, perhaps the height of defensive fortification tech being one of these.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Finally got around to buying this and goddamn already lost three hours to it. Any key to the feelings bubbles of your colonists? and I raided a Bandit camp but the stuff I took from the tents is just laying around gathering dust. How can I get it to the nearest stock pile?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ah okay then, I also enjoy reading all the little notes on everything. Whomever is writing all that stuff, I like your style. Looking forward to my first rating when the eventual Fishman Army envelopes my half assed colony!

Also, I see you got all kinds of 19th century weaponry avaliable as well. Have you guys ever considered giving Gunsmiths the dangerous option of possibly converting older smoothbore weapons into newer models on the cheap at the risk of them of misfiring now and then and the worst case scenario exploding horribly in the hands of the user?

The perfect way to deter gun grabby bandits and get rid of neutral parties via gun trading.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah, nobody wants to build bricks in my colony either. Oddly enough I have a tonne of dug up clay lying around not being touched too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Is hunting buggy for anyone else?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I do hope you guys have picket style guard posts planned for the future? complete with that cute way they stacked guns together ready for action!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Complete with a cute little flag on a pole and the biggest tent for your NCO to pour over a map and pour out a drink in. I can't wait to see what the Officer and Elite soldiers look like in the future by the way.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Huzzah reloading.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Saws in the kitchen is a perfectly cromulent idea.

That bread gets stale fast in the air ship delivery now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A couple of hemp sacks with the starter air ship supply drop?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Random AND choice driven?

You guys spoil us, seriously. Looking forward to seeing those features in the future.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I shot a dodo once and it dropped a dodo, so I shot that dodo and it gave me another dodo.

God I love reading about bugs like that.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

French Hussars!

But yeah, when you gentlemen and ladies working on the game a moment have time after putting a bit more foundation into the game, I'd love to see a few merry sing along and drinking games in the pub, or the soldiers doing drill. Maybe some cheeky pick pocketing and other saucy criminal hyjinx as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Will you eventually add an animation where a soldier lugs up a barrel of gun powder and lights the fuse?

That would quite frankly rule.

• Locked thread