Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I'm glad one of the devs appears to be a massive sperg about production lines as that is right up my alley. Spreadsheets are sexy, damnit.

I really need this game released, drowning citizens in Anno 2070 just isn't the same if it doesn't release an immortal beast from the depths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I really hope the guys in the beta test to a halfass job so all the insanity we've been reading about in the devlogs makes it into the game. Don't fix the bugs, refine them.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

nvining posted:

Heh. I wish it was that exciting. Where we are right now with the pre-alpha - before The Magnificent Seven even get a shot at it - is that people will play the game and then, suddenly, everybody will just stop working, starve to death, and die.

Not every bug is glamorous. The reality of game development is that while we post the silly bugs, the day-to-day of it is very much "Hey, people don't know when trees are being chopped down - we need to add visual feedback!", "Hey, the game runs at 2FPS on the Intel HD3000", and "Hey, everybody suddenly just starves to death and it isn't actually funny."

I'm such a downer, aren't I.

Not so much a downer as more of a reality check. Since the adventures of Steam Green light I think a lot of gamers have realized that beta (or alpha) testing is not all sunshine and rainbows, but rather actual work.

Just keep the insanity forest.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
You shouldn't pick me because I'd find multicoloured snow hilarious and would only report a bug to the effect of "My rainbow snowman did not come alive"

For actual content, IIRC this is slated for a spring 2014 early access. Do you guys think you're still on track for that or should I try to forget about this thread for another month or two? I'm not good with patience.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

nvining posted:

Scheduling change:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/04/23/a-scheduling-change/

Pardon me while I steel myself for the inevitable backlash by drinking some whiskey.

Oh poo poo what did I start. :ohdear:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

President Ark posted:

I'd be playing more if I hadn't just gotten a job! :byodood:

The good news is I should be able to upgrade my lovely computer soon.

You have a responsibility to the rest of us Anno players to test the poo poo out of this game so we don't feel bad that all the latest Anno stuff is f2p poo poo.

Get on it!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

LtSmash posted:

Calling it now: CE is now a free to play social game aimed at casual gamers for android and ios.

You've got to link your Facebook account before you can play however.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
While upset about about Space base, at least if CE sucks I can invade the Gaslamp office in a Fishman costume and trigger some PTSD on a poor dev

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I bought it really early on but got frustrated by the inability to remove... Something. Walls maybe? Or maybe storage areas. It was something small but my sperginess/ocd couldn't handle it.

That said I dont regret buying it all, and its probably been fixed by now.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

metasynthetic posted:

Gonna buy this game so hard.

EA-havers, is this properly playable yet? Given Gaslamp's record so far I am sure it will be Finished and Good eventually, there's just so much other good stuff out right now.

Its 100% playable. You may get the odd crash, but it's quite stable for EA.

What is in the game is good, the devs update really frequently with good updates, and the potential for the game is huge and the devs actually seem to have a plan, which is far more than I can say about some EA titles.

I bought it years ago (?) and have never regretted it.

Edit: Removed some comments that seemed inaccurate, don't want to hurt the sales of this.

Kris xK fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 18, 2015

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Gibbo posted:

I've always believed that paywall was designed to randomly rotate through a selection of the subforums (obviously never things like E/N and private game servers) as a way of letting people see the content and getting :10bux: out of them.

The TTD thread is singlehandedly responsible for lowtax getting my 10 bucks.

And yay beta! Time to dive back in again.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

did pipes and poo poo ever go in?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

nvining posted:

They're in the giant pile of post-release content to hook up, because of a number of unpleasant technical problems (rendering pipes is awful; building a good tool to connect them is worse.) Most of the decisions of the past two months have been "features or polish" and we erred on the side of polish; however, now that we have a game that is stable, we'll be looking through the pile of stuff to get in post-release.

Fair enough. As was said earlier in the thread, you guys have been good at post release content in the past.

Gave a positive review, hope it does well for you guys.

• Locked thread