Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Poil posted:

Should've put a cog on it.

:golfclap:

Bit old, but I like that the stuff is being done through JSON. Hopeful for a metric ton of control. Control is key.

VVV I am ashamed. :ohdear:

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Minecraft was a bit of a unique case in that it was pretty much a finished version of a game already in Alpha and development hasn't exactly stopped since it went 'final'. It was more an arbitrary line in the sand of when they felt like charging more.

Other early access games I've played haven't been nearly as polished, but CE has the advantage of being more about the experience rather than the content, so to speak. And if enough experience gets added that will be great.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Sorry, what's that? I clicked that link and next thing I knew my monitor was covered in runes written in blood, and my credit card had been stapled to the screen with 'HE COMES' written over it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

LtSmash posted:

Oh do you have Discover?

Bit late but have to :golfclap: this, it was perfect.

I am eagerly looking forward to Friday so that I can experience HIS GLORY Clockwork Empires myself.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

I just loaded up the Humble Bundle store page and was able to redeem my key on Steam. I'm at work so I'm not sure if I'm able to download yet, but that's an important first step.

e: fb :argh:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

How do you farm for cabbages? I was promised cabbages. Also blood, but that was from Those Who Are Beyond Our Understanding, not you.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

LotsBread posted:

Hey, Daynab! I've just read the RPS article. I want in on this Colonial Duty stuff. Tell me where I sign up for a trip to the heavenly Royal Colonies.

Not Daynab, but http://clockworkempires.com/ . Scroll down under the video and find the 'Buy Now!' section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

It just generally looks like the company ran out of cash, and went to 1.0 in a desperate move to earn money, but it failed and the studio shuttered. Former company member Nicholas (nvining? not sure) now has "I used to make games, it was awful" on his Twitter profile (though maybe that's a joke).

Looks like it's over.

• Locked thread