Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Citrus Sky
Sep 30, 2012
Just bought this game yesterday, and it's been fun so far! But I had a few (well, a lot) of questions.

1.) What is the cube of meat for? My colonists can't seem to cook and eat it. I did see a bandit using one to shoot at someone though.
2.) How do you smelt the scrap iron that the fishpeople bring?
3.) I built a mine by placing a small building over a coal node and adding a mine module to it, but it's not functional. Any tips on how to build a functioning mine?
4.) How do you get the militia to defend against bandits? When bandits attack, my militia just goes about their business... usually sleeping, despite the panicked screams of people getting stabbed to death just meters away. The "set rally point" button doesn't seem to do anything.
5.) Is there a good way to keep giant beetles out of crops? My colonists will chase them away if I command them to hunt the giant beetles, but then they chase the beetles all over the map and the hunt command can't be cancelled.
6.) Is there a way to assign specific laborers to specific work parties? A menu where you could see a list of laborers with their traits, and drag and drop people into work parties that suit them, would be really useful.
7.) Is there a way to assign a particular work group to construct a building? My colonists always neglect building construction.
8.) I've noted several items in my stockpile that the colonists don't ever seem to use. They're listed in the commodities menu also, but it's as if they're not there. Is this a known bug?
9.) What does the Vicar do? I built a chapel and assigned a colonist as the vicar, but he never holds services.
10.) Is there a way to expand a building, farm or cemetery without demolishing the old one and starting over?

Thanks for your help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Citrus Sky
Sep 30, 2012
Thanks for the tips! I got my mines working, and tried the gabions around the crops. Of course after building them, not a beetle to be seen!

I have the same problem as Deadmeat, that my soldiers don't use optimal guns. Or they'll drop them somewhere and not be able to find them again, even though they left it right on the floor of a building where everyone in the colony has to step over it every day (and are probably complaining about the regiment leaving their clutter around everywhere).

It would also be nice to be able to order a senior NCO to visit for a few days to train the troops - maybe using some prestige points, like you do for an artisan. It could give an extra bonus to the troop skill level, and help balance out all the bandit raids.

I agree that keeping the food supply up is a constant struggle. This area could use some balancing, I think.

• Locked thread