Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Can't wait for this to come out so I can give you guys all my monies. Love DF, love city builders, love Gaslamp 2013 is too far away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

As a geologist I read a lot of stuff about rocks, its just so happens that today it was about a videogame!

Its something I notice occasionally in games, not really a big deal for ~*~ My Immersion ~*~ but I see a lot of stuff that is supposed to look like rocks, but weren't actually modelled off of them.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Mutated Anthrax... For duck hunting

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Pretty sure I have an account there, however I don't frequent them because

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Game forums are hives of scum and villainy and attract the kind of people who go completely insane about every minuscule detail in said game.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Some incarnation of the broodwich from aqua teen should make it in. A sandwich so tasty you must constantly fight it away from the gluttonous. When they eventually eat it horrors are unleashed.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

My experiences with Eldrict horrors in no way qualifies me for testing more then the average bloke.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

If I can't drive someone mad by burying them in paperwork I'll be disappointed.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Have new cults establish random rules on behavior/eating/clothing.

Peasant Brycen caught wearing pants/eating melon/pleasuring himself by the constable. Horrific beating ensured, potential sacrifice to hyper-cube found in woods.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Can't wait to send my citizens to the alchemist for potions and so forth. Maybe the alchemist will have some mercury on hand. I hear it makes the best stuff.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

The game ends when you reach the pinnacle of meatomancy and discover the cheese-steak. The equivalent of transcendence

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Dareon posted:

I can't stop staring at that extra polygon on the handle and wondering if that's maybe where the corporate sponsor logo is meant to go.

Axe Murder now brought to you by Tyson Chicken!

As a young man I once wondered if Mike Tyson had ever done ads for Tyson Chicken.

Chickens don't have ears. Such a wasted oppertunity

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I'm jobless and have lots of time!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I have an Intel HD4000 :(

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Gibbo posted:

A bit sad to hear about abandoning the HD4000, I was hoping to be able to play on my girlfriend's laptop while on the ferry and such. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with playing at my desk.

Might as well give it a shot if you are buying it anyway. It seems to work on my HD4000 laptop.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Fishmen N' Chips new thread name

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

From the funny pictures thread

Dr. Fraiser Chain fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 15, 2014

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

LtSmash posted:

I'm now envisioning being able to make a steam power-cranked Gatling gun where you can construct steam pipes to your defensive positions to take the place of the schlubs cranking the gun and increase its rate of fire. Also until it catches fire it will shoot faster. For the colonial military on the go it can also be powered by the ever portable steam ball. Those dastardly fishmen will finally learn that land is for Her Majesty and her loyal subjects!

Generally I'm not overly concerned about overly historically accurate period weapons in my steampunk cosmic horror game. I'm confidant gaslamp will keep things thematic enough. I've also peered behind the curtain and seen hints as to decidedly not historically accurate technology that is still quite thematic and will give those flippers a drubbing!

I was hoping for an auroch powered hamster wheel gun. Maybe it fires accidentally when the animal gets spooked or bored.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Does the food system even make sense? You have a communal colony in many ways (barracks filled with cots and aurochs) but you have a individualized kitchen system. You make a cabbage stew at one instance, and when your colonist gets hungry he pulls it out of a stockpile and eats it.

For a small community setup in this manner a mess hall setup is probably more realistic, whether it makes sense to implement it in a game is another question entirely.

The idea being that your community operates around meal times, breakfast, lunch and dinner. A mess hall prepares and serves meals. You could potentially do away with prepared meal storage. Your colony needs X amount of food per meal time. At a meal time that amount is pulled from food storage and used. Excess is discarded. Having enough food confers positive thoughts, not enough the opposite. More food options could do the same, ect.

Or it could be a useless complication. Just a fun thought. Also Fishmen attacks during a mealtime.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Churches would be amazing. They could produce inquisitors who ritualistically beat cultists to death with former parrots. Parrots that are no more, they have ceased to be.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

resistentialism posted:

Polite foxes wait for the foxes in front of them to move on before continuing forward.

The most British of foxes.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Running a Nvidia GT760 newest drivers as far as I know geforce revision 347.09.

Windows 7

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Daynab posted:

Do you also happen to have an integrated card, like intel HD? If so, you might have to force the game to use your GT760 from the nvidia control panel.

I can't access my nvidia control panel! It appears my computer is using its onboard video though. That explains a few things. The question remains, is it a bios setting or did I get a DOA GPU.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Mr. Showtime posted:

The same thing happened to me when I installed my 760. Turn off your onboard GPU in the BIOS and restart; it should clear things up.

Yeah I had to do a few things. Most notably plug in the monitor to the new card! Lol! No idea how I missed that

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

nvining posted:

Hunting for work parties is turned off by default. Make sure you turn it on if you want hunting to be a thing that happens (we turned it off by default because otherwise random citizens would immediately start the game by grabbing guns and shooting the crap out of everything that moves.)

That colonial spirit! :911:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Complete with a cute little flag on a pole and the biggest tent for your NCO to pour over a map and pour out a drink in. I can't wait to see what the Officer and Elite soldiers look like in the future by the way.

The officer is the guy at the field desk with a snifter of brandy. He has a hand in his jacket waiting for days for a photo to be taken. Officer is on job: pose for photo

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Saws in the kitchen is a perfectly cromulent idea.

It would definitely have an embiggening effect on food production

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

AndroidHub posted:

As opposed to just plopping down buildings where you are placed or else starving to death if you take the time to explore with your redcoats to find a possible better location? I mean, presumably ore nodes and the like are the kind of thing you would need to see to know they are there, but I think it's completely reasonable to be able to see if there's a hill, or an open field, or where the coastline is from more than 20 feet away. Chalk it up to surveys from zeppelins if you have to, I just think having to manually explore to see the lay of the land takes away from what could be. Even if we could see the entire map with all the features, it won't do us that good until we have zepplin docks or a way to change supply/colonist drop locations or whatever.

Have the greater terrain ( cliffs, hills, ect) always visible then have a randomized over print of nodes and trees near where stuff does exist but when you explore it the fog clears showing actual locations of stuff? To simulate the " I saw some rock outcrop over yonder " feeling. Or that's over thought. Whatevs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

One thing that I miss from this simulator is the ability to build ridiculous structures in a short of dwarf fortress/mine craft fashion. To have my small colony build a ridiculous castle so to speak.

No matter, it is it's own thing and fun regardless

• Locked thread