Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Can i route sewage pipes into the jar factory and make the worst throwing weapon ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

Fintilgin posted:

This sounds fantastic, just as long as you don't spend three out of four of my cores simulating fingernail growth for all my inhabitants, the barometric pressure for every cubic centimeter of air on the map, and the material strength for each of the multiple fiber types woven into each individual urchin's rags.

i'm presumin here and i doubt this is going in the official press kit as a term or anything but i get the feeling gaslamp are running with new "Spergy-As-Ya-Wannabe™" technology here

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

Triskelli posted:

Love the names of the foreign nations; République Mécanique, Stahlmark, Novyrus. "#beware any trader with green and yellow striped pants"

Also, would have never considered a night/day cycle, but it makes a lot of sense to have moments of suspense and increased military focus. Maybe as Madness spreads, the night/day ratio can be tampered with, as C'tan or Cog-Shoggoth brings shadow across the land.

The idea of an evil cthonic cult called "The Settlers of C'Tan" has me hooting like a loon. Mysterious reports of sheep being transformed to stone in strange hexagonal rituals.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

nvining posted:

The République Mécanique: Ostensibly a republic in which all are equal. Call each other "Citizen This" and "Citizen That". Reformed units of measurement. Gears bought from traders will not fit standardized machines without widget conversion sets. Government is effectively ruled by a giant difference engine named "Le Dictateur". Uses automaton workers and soliders.

The Grand Duchy of Stahlmark: ruled by the Duchess von Stahlmark via charismatic Chancellor; powerful Junker noble-officer class. Militaristic, scientific; heavy weapons, heavy armour. Not so good at ships as they insist on covering every inch with iron plates.

The Novyrus Imperium: Land of snow, fur hats, large beards, political oppression, and trains. Lead by a reform-minded Tzar who insists that everyone really ought to shave their enormous beards off to better fit these New And Changing Times, but this call is met with stiff resistance. Proprietors of whale oil, gulags, serfdom, and male choirs.

Karakurikoku: A Distant land of closed borders, ruled by a 14 year old emperor. Advanced technologically but everything suffers on the durability stakes because most things are wooden. Has a problem with colonists killing themselves a lot over accidentally offending each other.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

So if you ever need a new thread title for any purpose i just thought of

Clockwork Empires - Never Mind The Aurochs, Here's The Hex Crystals

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

If you actually want any photos of anything at t'royal armouries i'd gladly volunteer to nip down with my camera.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

One thing i noticed in the media and screen so far, are lights (beside the main scene light/sun) going to be in but just aren't implemented? it was bugging me for a while but it took me a good amount of time to figure out what the "it" was.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

I'm docking you half a point for rhyming triangle with angle but that's still probably the best raven rewrite i've ever seen.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

So how much did it cost you guys to license the appearance of noted British celebrity chef Ainsley Harriot anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I think most livestock mammals animals lifeforms capable of at least some form of nonspecific taxis can produce something classifiable as tripe.

Also drat you work and your twelve hour shifts I still don't have any time to test.

There's a type of tripe known as "elder tripe" so.. y'know, just sayin'.

• Locked thread