Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Quiet Python posted:

I love my Smuggler, he's the handsomest man in seven systems. So why the hell does just about every piece of Smuggler headgear involve a crash helmet and/or a face mask? I want to show off that beard and those flowing locks, not cover them up!

Actually, I don't think I've found any headgear for any class thus far that I would consider wearing in public. Now if only we could hide our companions' head slots, too.

This LP actually motivated me to pick up my Agent again, and get my Smuggler to level 45. I've never actually maxxed out a character in an MMO before, but if I don't run out of story before that happens, I just might do it.

Does anybody else find it difficult to play Dark-Side characters? I just can't seem to take any joy in it. I've tried starting a DS Bounty Hunter three times and I keep getting to a point where I don't want to be a dick anymore. Even my attempt at playing a Sith Inquisitor couldn't stay Dark, though he has a great evil voice.

The Sith Inquisitor full-helmets would look nice with a hooded robe. Unfortunately they force the hood down even if you have a chestpiece with one.

And yeah, DS feels oogy in most cases. Even the Inq I was running power-hungry tends to pick LS choices when it doesn't directly benefit her. She gets some odd lines, like entire conversations were recorded with an assumption the player would go all-top or all-bottom even on the non-LS/DS choices. It makes her sound insane when she says one line in a normal voice and the next one giddy with evil glee. Other classes have that a bit but SIFemale seems to be rather extreme. Female SWarr's silly choices were dark sarcasm, which went well with her other more formal responses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Yeah... I've done that. It's why my Warrior/Murauder ended up as a "Pure" character.

It actually ended up REALLY helping by having Jaesa as a non-fight, and making one of your "act breaks" trivial because you convince a guy to wonder off rather than fight you

I gotta say. It feels like they really needed to do SOMETHING with act 1... well something more than what they did.

It basically runs for about 20 levels, and on each of those four planets you're doing just about the same thing on each planet. Either find the macguffin or person, and move on while doing the planets story in parallel. I admit, the Smuggler and Agent's stories might be slightly different, but that's how it was for the Inquisitor, Knight, Warrior, Consular, Soldier, and Bounty Hunter that I'd played through the first 2 planets of Act 1.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hulk Smash! posted:

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about the agent storyline, even in spoilers.

Regarding the possible other class playthroughs by other people, Moon Splayer; were you planning on having them in this thread or links to separate ones? I would personally prefer distinct threads with links in the OP, just to make yours easier to follow.

Other people would run other threads. If we can coordinate I'd like there to be some crossover, but it's not mandatory.

Also...

Hulk Smash! posted:

Regarding the possible other class playthroughs by other people, Moon Splayer; were you planning on having them in this thread or links to separate ones?

Mods, name change please.

Alectai posted:

Okay, busy trying to piece things together for a first post. No fancy videos here, but I should be able to get something that isn't completely embarrassing with regards to screenshots. Once I get Moonslayer's official OK, I'll likely start working on that.

You have it! I'd recommend posting one or two test posts in the Sandcastle to get some constructive feedback before starting the thread. When you do start it, go ahead and post a link to it here.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Zaodai posted:

I mained a Bounty Hunter when I played and I'm pretty sure Nem'ro still had the same 3 lieutenants. You just didn't get a companion out of the deal.

You know I could've sworn Nem'ro had one of those Devil Looking dudes as a Lieutenant in the Bounty Hunter story.

The Agent does have some swank looking armour sets up until you get to the current highest tier PvP set. I have no idea what's happening there. The texture on the thing makes it look like a rubber suit even though there's clearly armour plates. Also it's butt ugly.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kata-Haro posted:

You know I could've sworn Nem'ro had one of those Devil Looking dudes as a Lieutenant in the Bounty Hunter story.

He does, this guy. Present in both storylines.

[EDIT]That screenshot is directly from the LP, so hopefully it isn't spoiling anything to reveal that he's one of Nem'ros lieutenants. I figured it was obvious from context.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
The Smuggler story had a very different feel from my Jedi characters' stories.

When you're a Knight, you're basically told "Here's a goal, and here's a whole bunch of obstacles for you to smash your way through. At some point, you will have the opportunity to make a speech before kicking rear end." You're dealing with military officers and Jedi masters and high-ranking diplomats, because you're a Jedi and you're kind of a big deal.

When you're a Smuggler, you're basically told "Here's something you want, and there's people who don't want you to have it. But there is a crazy hare-brained scheme that just might get you what you want and screw over these other guys, so get out there and lie, cheat, flirt and steal to get what you need to pull this off." You're dealing with card-sharps and crime bosses and bounty hunters, because those are the circles you run in and those are the people you know.

At the end of the day, it's still collecting MacGuffins and punching Big Bads in the dick, but the flavor is different.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

Moon Slayer posted:

You have it! I'd recommend posting one or two test posts in the Sandcastle to get some constructive feedback before starting the thread. When you do start it, go ahead and post a link to it here.

Sounds good then, now I just need to get over my crushing self esteem issues and learn how to Screenshot LP.

Or I could just do a video, but I'm almost certain that this is probably a billion times more complicated.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Alectai posted:

Sounds good then, now I just need to get over my crushing self esteem issues and learn how to Screenshot LP.

Or I could just do a video, but I'm almost certain that this is probably a billion times more complicated.

You don't want to do a video LP of an MMORPG. You'd have to do really, really well for it to live up to even a mediocre screenshot LP by comparison because there is so much crap you'd either have to make interesting (not easy) or cut out (lots of work).

Stop by the sandcastle when you've got an OP ready and have people critique it. They'll give you lots of handy advice.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Nah I mean those dudes that actually look like devils , horns and everything. Like the companion Gault.

Although I remember him having a red Twi'Lek in the bounty story too. Not sure it's the same one though. As a true Imperial these aliens all look the same to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Quiet Python posted:

The Smuggler story had a very different feel from my Jedi characters' stories.

When you're a Knight, you're basically told "Here's a goal, and here's a whole bunch of obstacles for you to smash your way through. At some point, you will have the opportunity to make a speech before kicking rear end." You're dealing with military officers and Jedi masters and high-ranking diplomats, because you're a Jedi and you're kind of a big deal.

When you're a Smuggler, you're basically told "Here's something you want, and there's people who don't want you to have it. But there is a crazy hare-brained scheme that just might get you what you want and screw over these other guys, so get out there and lie, cheat, flirt and steal to get what you need to pull this off." You're dealing with card-sharps and crime bosses and bounty hunters, because those are the circles you run in and those are the people you know.

At the end of the day, it's still collecting MacGuffins and punching Big Bads in the dick, but the flavor is different.

Yeah, Bounty Hunter is "go to this planet and hunt this bounty" but they have some nice ways of changing up the style of it at first. One you're making the guy come to you, another they're barely slipping through your fingers at every stop, and so on. Feels like they forget that in the second half though, and the later planets are all "you know where the guy is, but you've got to jump through hoops before you get there." It's less of a chase/hunt and more "find keycard, get bounty."

EDIT: on another note, I know the Imperial stance is "gently caress aliens, except for Chiss" but I can't recall, did the Chiss do something to earn their respect or is it because their spies and fleet could wipe the Empire out if they wanted to?

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure they hate Chiss as much as the others. They just bitch about them behind their backs instead of right in their faces. This will come up waaaay later.

Also at this point in time the Chiss Ascendancy is an ally of the Empire.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The deal with the Chiss in TOR is that when the Sith Empire was expanding in the Unknown Regions, they eventually encountered the Chiss Ascendancy and offered the Chiss the same offer the Empire had made to every other civilization they'd encountered: surrender or die. Every race the Empire had encountered had fought and lost. The Chiss, however, asked about that first option instead. A stunned Empire put together a peace summit with the Ascendancy, and the net result is that the Empire gained the Ascendancy as a vassal state - the Chiss make their resources, wealth, and military available to the Empire, but in exchange the Chiss have internal autonomy, are recognized as legally equal to humans, and no one, not even Sith Lords, can enter Chiss territory without the Ascendancy's explicit permission. The Empire, by and large, is very confused about how the Chiss managed to pull that off. Internally, Chiss are usually regarded as a step above other aliens, but by no means equal to humans.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kata-Haro posted:

Nah I mean those dudes that actually look like devils , horns and everything. Like the companion Gault.

Although I remember him having a red Twi'Lek in the bounty story too. Not sure it's the same one though. As a true Imperial these aliens all look the same to me.

Ah I know what you mean. Never seen him have one of those guys, though.

[EDIT]You run into one as a quest guy later, though. Just not in the throne room.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cythereal posted:

The deal with the Chiss in TOR is that when the Sith Empire was expanding in the Unknown Regions, they eventually encountered the Chiss Ascendancy

What really gets me is how both the Ascendancy and Sith somehow forget about the Chiss in the intervening years, to the point where Thrawn joining is a big loving deal. Oh sure, it's been thousands of years, but we're not dealing with stone tablets and parchment anymore.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

CommissarMega posted:

What really gets me is how both the Ascendancy and Sith somehow forget about the Chiss in the intervening years, to the point where Thrawn joining is a big loving deal. Oh sure, it's been thousands of years, but we're not dealing with stone tablets and parchment anymore.

The answer is that LucasArts approves novels/comics/games/underwear to anyone with a pulse and so the EU has fairly limited internal consistency. I'm almost positive Bioware's rational for setting Knights of the Old Republic so far away from all "modern" Star Wars stories is so they didn't have to deal with all that bullshit.

Also so the prequels stink wouldn't be as heavy on them.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

CommissarMega posted:

The Chiss just want to be left the gently caress alone. Once the Sith Empire is destroyed you can bet all their agents and soldiers return to Chiss space. And you can bet they didn't tell the Republic where they were either. If given a choice they wouldn't ally with the Sith. But if alliance is what is necessary to ensure they'll be left alone, alliance is what they'll get.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

There is a 4700 year absence there... quite a long time to loose data/information or for it to become completely mythologized.

Is the "spikey Alien" guy you're trying to talk about one of these guys?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chagrian

Strangely in TOR they seem to have become the male version of "Togruta"s

TANGENT TIME! Partly related but >.>

Ladies and Gentlemen, That's Exar Kun, Dark Lord of the Sith who reigned before Revan. To his left in the panel is Mandalore and behind him are Massassi warriors. I'm throwing this particular panel out there because it's from when they attacked Corescant and managed to break into the Republic Senate and free Ulic Qel-Droma (the 2nd most powerful sith) from imprisonment. Strangely, at the time, the Senate's president was a C'thulu lookin guy. Apparently in the intervening 400-500 years Mandalorians have become "special humans" and the Republic didn't upgrade it's defenses (although crashing a shuttle into the Jedi Temple did take some inspiration.

Related backstory for TOR. Basically the Empire and Republic (at the point in time of the LP) are at a very technical peace, that was attained after the a direct strike on Courscant that included the destruction of the Jedi Temple (seen in the third trailer released, headed by Darth Malgus). It put a LOT of stuff into disarray, and many of the early republic planet storylines have to do with rebuilding/restructuring the planets so that they'll survive for a longer period. Basically it's the cold war... if the Cold War was started after the Soviet Union dropped an airplane on Buckingham Palace and killed nearly everyone in it before fleeing.

Also

That's Naga Sadow, who we've all visited around in the Kotor games, and is probably the archtype most people think of when they consider "Sith Lord"... well "Pureblood" Sith Lord. This guy managed to engineer the Great Hyperspace War, when the Sith, as an Empire, first showed up. They were beaten back, but it took some doing, and was way back about 5000 years before the Battle at Yavin IV (Episode IV).

You know what? I'm just gonna plonk this here
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Wars

That basically goes from the Wars of Naga Sadow to about 1000 BBY and all the wars between "Sith" and "Jedi". Personally, I'd argue that the Great Sith War had a larger impact on the Society of Star Wars, given that entire star systems died (including a Jedi capitol planet... Ossus), while Revan's wars and those that followed were not QUITE as ridiculous in terms of destruction (Exar Kun literally caused an entire blasted stellar Nursery to supernova).

>.>

<.<

Now I feel incredibly nerdy.

I do wish they'd kept SOME of the art style from the old Comics.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Hulk Smash! posted:

Chewbot: I know you mentioned that you were an environment artist but what was the decision making process like for the look of armor sets? I ask because, uh, let's say the choices are either a) fugly, b) not very Star Wars looking or c) both. I won't link images in case of spoilers but anyone who's played the game knows what I'm talking about.

Don't get me wrong, it was nice to have some variety but some most almost all of the sets were downright painful to look at - especially PvP sets.

Edit: redacted. I guess you found one of the things I'm not comfortable railing against because of the people I know. The gist of it: management and non-artists turned art review into a grueling appeasement process until nobody really cared anymore.

That and WoW-ification. How do you make dozens of armor sets for a class the most badass of whom wore plain brown robes? Somebody says "Let's do what WoW did and break out the giant shoulderpads".

Sadness all around.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 4, 2012

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I mean even with pointless giant shoulders it seems like you run into issues if you try to extend into the future the visuals of a class that should by its very nature eschew flashy awesome looking armor.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Chewbot posted:

Somebody says "Let's do what WoW did and..."

Sadness all around.

TOR summed up in a nutshell, right there.

Next update will come later on in the week, or the weekend at the latest. I want to build up a sizable buffer, which will mean faster updates but less audience participation. Is everyone OK with that?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Moon Slayer posted:

TOR summed up in a nutshell, right there.

You say that, but so much of the stuff they did wrong was seemingly out of a desire to not be like WoW. They changed all the chat colors (that WoW used) to mean different things. The crafting system was similar but enough different to throw you off some. Instances worked differently, PvP was loving god awful in every way imaginable. The world PvP planet? Designed so that when functioning normally it lagged the servers so hard it was unplayable for everyone.

If they had just taken WoW and reskinned everything into Star Wars characters, they could have printed money. But they poo poo it up on every front and threw poor customer support on top of it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, I don't begrudge the armor designers. Unlike fantasy, Star Wars didn't really have a rich history of ridiculous armor and weapons to draw from. Each character in the movies pretty much had one iconic look and they were all pretty simple. It was a tough job and I don't think there's much they could have done.

But that crafting system, wow. gently caress those guys.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I'd expect them to have had more jedi armors with... well armor. Instead of the magical cloaks that can deflect more than a piece of steel.

Note to self: if creating a derivative work, never EVER force yourself to stick to closely to the originals art.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It would be amusing if the Sith stayed in robes but added a lot of decoration and bling as they got more awesome and ran out of people to tell them not to (the Lucas effect) while Jedi, being more lenient in their training regimen, started out with a lot of personalization and flair and removed it as they mastered the Force. A Jedi badass advertises himself by the mere fact that he doesn't NEED to advertise how awesome he is.

Hard to put into a game though.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Be hilarious if sith warriors started turning into superhero costumes...

I am a bit annoyed that Sith get masks and headdresses and so on... and jedi get a tiara and glasses.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior: Update 1 - In a Galaxy Far, Far Away?

quote:

The Sith Warrior

The Sith Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy. The Galactic Republic and its Jedi defenders lie weakened and vulnerable after the Empire's successful military campaign.

With a fragile peace negotiated, the Empire sends all potential Sith to undergo cruel and deadly tries at its Academy on the harsh planet KORRIBAN.

Today, one of the Empire's most promising young warriors has been secretly summoned by an influential overseer to face the dark side trials much sooner than expected....

Sith Warrior Intro (recommended viewing)

Deception (The Sith Warrior)

Korriban

I thought it would be bigger.

I'm Overseer Tremel. For decades, I've administered the trials that prove who is and is not worthy to join the Sith Order.
The trials are a chance to weed out the weak. Those who face them either survive and become Sith, or die.
Mark my words, I am destined to be Sith.
Now, when do I get my lightsaber? It's going to be a pain in the rear end if I've got to walk around beating people with this stick.
It wasn't destiny that brought you here.
Yes, you are here and ahead of schedule because of me. I expect you to obey.
You face your trials, you serve me, and I will make you the most powerful acolyte here.
Why am I skeptical?
Have a critical edge, but recognize who is on your side.
Ok, I know this. Is the answer 'nobody?'
The trials themselves are difficult enough, but they are hardly the greatest threat you face.
There's an acolyte here named Vemrin. He's your enemy, and he will try to kill you. We must prepare you.
Let him try. I'll destroy him.
With my guidance, someday you'll destroy all your enemies.

Right. So, just give me a lightsaber?
No.
I thought this was supposed to be the 'quick and easy' path.
In the tomb of Ajunta Pall, there's an old armory. A strong Sith warblade awaits you there.
The tomb is thick with k'lor'slugs--deadly, savage creatures. Be speedy but careful. They've been the end of many an acolyte.

What?
What?

Get a bigger stick. Beat things with it. I think I can handle that.

What? Oh, yeah. Sure. Whatever.
Thank you.
You're the acolyte Overseer Tremel had brought in special, right? Heading down in the tomb to show what you're made of?
Yes. That's correct.
Does everyone here know that Overseer Tremel 'brought me in special?'
Yes.

Well here's your chance to not only show off for the overseers but start building ties to the Imperial military as well.
:geno: :fh:
I'm here commanding a hard target mission to exterminate the k'lor'slugs in this tomb. They're... horrific things. Mouths bigger than your head.

Your men obviously need better training, Sergeant.
Those men were battle-hardened. The enemy just has more numbers.
:rolleyes:
The drat k'lor'slugs breed so fast there's no way to wipe them out conventionally. So we started targeting their egg chambers. They went insane.
We managed to get explosives to all of the egg chambers, but the k'lor'slugs were all over us before we could detonate them.
Are you sure this plan of yours will actually work?
I don't know. I have to hope so. Without the breeding chambers, the k'lor'slugs lose the numbers. Then we can wipe them out.
Sure you can.

Smarter than you, maybe.
SERGEANT!
Yes, acolyte?

Did you try beating them with sticks?

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 5, 2012

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
The issue I've always had with this game, and it's an issue that probably holds true for most MMOs but is really noticeable in this one, is that almost every quest giver is extremely incompetent when it comes to whatever they do and there's always a ready made excuse that: "We're a crack squad of special forces USUALLY but these guys/monsters/robots are just bad rear end, we need you, the level 1 sith warrior to do our jobs for us, please."

In a game with a fairly large amount of things that proved annoying to me, that is something that was on the top of my list of things that really bothered me while I was playing.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

devilmaydry posted:

The issue I've always had with this game, and it's an issue that probably holds true for most MMOs but is really noticeable in this one, is that almost every quest giver is extremely incompetent when it comes to whatever they do and there's always a ready made excuse that: "We're a crack squad of special forces USUALLY but these guys/monsters/robots are just bad rear end, we need you, the level 1 sith warrior to do our jobs for us, please."

In a game with a fairly large amount of things that proved annoying to me, that is something that was on the top of my list of things that really bothered me while I was playing.

I always figured it made sense in a Star Wars game. I mean, Stormtroopers couldn't fight off a colicky baby, much less giant worms and demon things. Give him a few thousand men, then he can clear that minor level 1 cave. By engorging the animals so much they can no longer move. Or they die of heart failure.

Basically, they're all commanded by Zapp Brannigan.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sith Warrior Supplemental: Update 1

SERGEANT!
Yes, acolyte?

Did you try beating them with sticks?

:golfclap: I like where this is going.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:golfclap: I like where this is going.

Me too but, again, I would prefer if other classes had their own threads, since I find that LPs with multiple simultaneous playthroughs tend to quickly lose focus and are harder to follow. Personal opinion, not my thread, and all that.

Chewbot posted:

Edit: redacted. I guess you found one of the things I'm not comfortable railing against because of the people I know. The gist of it: management and non-artists turned art review into a grueling appeasement process until nobody really cared anymore.

That and WoW-ification. How do you make dozens of armor sets for a class the most badass of whom wore plain brown robes? Somebody says "Let's do what WoW did and break out the giant shoulderpads".

Sadness all around.

Sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot. Thanks for trying to answer anyway :)

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012
Loving the thread, it's making me itch to do my own LP since someone's doing the Light Side Sith Warrior of doing a Dark Side Jedi since we're only seeing the Sith/Imperial side of the game so far.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I donno... it seems like every squad you come across of imperial or rebel troopers are the super special awesome batallion of DOOM.

Makes me think the standard troops fly around in this

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Dammit guys stop making me want to reinstall this game at least until it goes FTP. (When is that due by the way?)

e: poo poo! Apparently I never got around to uninstalling when I unsubscribed.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 4, 2012

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ActionZero posted:

Dammit guys stop making me want to reinstall this game at least until it goes FTP. (When is that due by the way?)

e: poo poo! Apparently I never got around to uninstalling when I unsubscribed.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Oh man, a Sith Warrior playthrough! You already know my request (which will, of course, be denied because :gonk:).

e: also, why, exactly, are the Sith so speciesist? I mean, half of the most powerful ones in antiquity, and the emperor of the TOR timeline, weren't even human.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Calax posted:

I do wish they'd kept SOME of the art style from the old Comics.

I have to agree with this. I'm sure this was before your time, Chewbot, but do you know what the thinking was on abandoning the aesthetic from "Tales of the Jedi?" While in parts it was pretty silly, it gave the impression of a setting at an earlier time period. In contrast, making the KotOR games look almost exactly like the the prequels makes all the time periods interchangable.

Although my favorite interpretation of the Star Wars universe has to be the "Jedi vs. Sith" comic just for the sheer :psyduck: factor.

Also, if I can put my :reject: hat on, the problem with making the Hutt Palace on Nal Hutta look like Jabba's from RotJ is that Jabba wasn't the original builder of the palace. It was originally a monastary. The actual builders? That spider-droid with a brain in a jar that we see for all of two seconds.
:goonsay:

HunterBlackLuna
Sep 14, 2010

Sneaking into the captain's quarters. Heavy risk.

But the priiiiiiize...
I'm enjoying this thread immensely either way, so whatever works for you, go for it.

I can understand if there was limited inspiration or guidance to draw upon for the TOR armor, but that simply doesn't excuse early Trooper gear. Nothing ever will. :colbert:

I mean, at least the Jedi, you can look at that and go, 'yeah, Jedi.' I think Jedi gear always looks alright (headgear entirely aside, since all of it is always the worst and hidden) but my god. That's my Commando speaking and you can see another male Trooper as well to compare. We don't even. What. Why.

This is the super-armor you get after finishing the first world, too. This is what you aspire to.

RE the Cardassi-Sith Warrior excerpt: I always just feel so drat bad for Imperial troops I run across in any story. They really do have it the worst by a lot. The Republic guys kill them because they're serving the Sith Empire, and, well, their own superiors don't give a poo poo about them at best because, uh, they're serving the Sith Empire. They literally have nobody on their side and Korriban makes this abundantly clear later on.

HunterBlackLuna fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 4, 2012

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Hulk Smash! posted:

Me too but, again, I would prefer if other classes had their own threads, since I find that LPs with multiple simultaneous playthroughs tend to quickly lose focus and are harder to follow. Personal opinion, not my thread, and all that.

I saw my run as a supplement to Moon Slayer's, but if this is the general consensus I can easily make a new thread.

whowhatwhere posted:

Oh man, a Sith Warrior playthrough! You already know my request (which will, of course, be denied because :gonk:).

It will be pointed out; but it's a path I refuse to walk down.

whowhatwhere posted:

e: also, why, exactly, are the Sith so speciesist? I mean, half of the most powerful ones in antiquity, and the emperor of the TOR timeline, weren't even human.

Because they're stupid, mostly. Believe me, I'm going to be making fun of it at every opportunity.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

To be technical, the Sith Emperor is a sith, and the Sith in general (as a species) are considered to be "higher" than humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Hey at least the trooper PvP gear looks pretty spiffy. I'm of the opinion that the Trooper War Hero set is the only good looking one in that Tier, Republic or Empire side.

• Locked thread