Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
1: Imperial Agent
2: Chiss
3: Female
4: 2
5: Heart of Gold

Though if I hadn't already beaten it before, my vote would look like this.

1: Sith Inquisitor
2: Human
3: Female
4: 2
5: Heart of Gold

Because in this sense, you are quite possibly the Worst loving Sith Lord Ever.

Incidentally, if you're playing on Jung Ma, and you need an extra set of hands for an FP or something, I'd be glad to hop in.

Alectai fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

There's another pretty retarded moment in Coruscant.

You've got this bit where you learn there's a bunch of guys willing to seek a formal alliance with the Empire, and are pulling some shenanagans to sneak it below the public eye. You get hired by a civilian who heard of this, who asks you to get proof of this so they can unmask it.

You go to the droid with the evidence, sabotage it, and get the data... Then some junior bureaucrat runs by and bitches on how you're "SUBVERTING DEMOCRACY", and "ACCORDING TO THE LAW, YOUR OWN OPINIONS DON'T MATTER".

The Light Side choice is giving the civilians fake data, the dark side choice is giving them the evidence. :smith:

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

You might want to edit that post, word of advice.

What server are you hanging out on? If you want to get a Certain Thing Happening at Level 10 a goon run, I'd be glad to roll someone up.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Let Them Go, because the opposite way goes dark places :ohdear:

Also, I'd be willing to do a Sith Inquisitor storyline. Probably also Light Side as I'm the biggest bleeding heart (And it does have some pretty fantastic moments that you don't get to see if you're a "BURN THE WORLD" type). I doubt I'll be able to go into as much detail as the main LP, but I'll do what I can to hit on the highlights.

My biggest concern is... Well, I haven't Actually done an LP before, so I wouldn't even know where to begin :(

Alectai fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 3, 2012

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Not yet I don't think. I'm just going through the tech support post and trying to figure out what the gently caress to do before I bring up my first post though, I don't want my SA LPing debut to be another laughed at joke :ohdear:

... Even if it's just a side LP to the more important one. I'm likely not to go into detail about the non-story quests, because Moon Slayer looks like he's got that buttoned up, and it'd be fairly redundant.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Okay, busy trying to piece things together for a first post. No fancy videos here, but I should be able to get something that isn't completely embarrassing with regards to screenshots. Once I get Moonslayer's official OK, I'll likely start working on that.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

You have it! I'd recommend posting one or two test posts in the Sandcastle to get some constructive feedback before starting the thread. When you do start it, go ahead and post a link to it here.

Sounds good then, now I just need to get over my crushing self esteem issues and learn how to Screenshot LP.

Or I could just do a video, but I'm almost certain that this is probably a billion times more complicated.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Not to mention it'd avoid cluttering the hell out of the forums, and avoiding the Wrath of Mod.

Not to mention that half of the reason I don't have my prologue up by now is that I can't make a pretty OP to save my life :negative:

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Sith Inquisitor: Update One - "Do you really need to remind me every three sentences?"

The Obligatory Title Crawl posted:

Prologue
THE SITH INQUISITOR

The power of the dark side grows. The SITH EMPIRE has won a major victory against the Galactic Republic and it's Jedi guardians, conquering and enslaving many new worlds.

With a fragile peace in place, the Empire sends its slaves to the ancient Sith stronghold of KORRIBAN, hoping to unearth relics of vast power that can be used to dominate the galaxy.

One slave, powerful with the Force, has been released from servitude and forced to master the dark arts of the Sith or die trying....

In hindsight, it may have been a little shortsighted to have tampered with forces beyond my knowledge.

Domestic servants? It's not a bad life--while the Shock Collar may be something awkward, and the occasional backhands when you can't call up a small fortune at will are aggravating, it certainly could be worse. Literate and moderately well educated slaves are at a bit of a premium after all.

I just had to get greedy though... It wasn't even that obvious! A little static to keep the flies away, the odd bit of telekinesis to grab something Just out of reach. The next thing I know, the Collar is removed, and I'm shoved into a cramped shuttle with a bunch of other unfortunates.

The maniacs wanted to make me Sith, as if just a little Force Sensitivity is enough to overturn a life of running to some administrator's indentured aide.

Of course, it wasn't as simple as that. The Empire has never been known for charity, even when they have something to gain from it.

There are Acolytes, and there are the sacrifices to feed them in their rise to power. It's as simple as that.

And if they had anything to say about it, I would be one of the latter--at least nobody would miss me when I'm gone, and set several possibly important people on fire in the aftermath.

Still, it wasn't all bad. Ninety Nine percent doomed was still one percent alive, and it was a better bargain in the long run then staying where I was.

: Ah, the last one to arrive is finally here. I hope you don't think you're special.

: It would be a shame if freedom went to your head, or if you somehow got the idea you didn't need to pass your trials to become Sith.
: Lord Zash has tasked me with sorting through you refuse to find one worthy of being her apprentice, and I intend to do just that.

: Who is this Zash?

: That's Lord Zash to you, slave. She's a Dark Lord of the Sith and more important than you'll ever be.

: Now the rest of you gutter trash already know your trial. Get going while I bring our latecomer up to speed.

: Watch your back, friend. And don't worry, it'll be alright. He can't kill us all.
: Of course they can, we're not exactly dealing with paragons of self control here. :sigh: I couldn't exactly go and say that out loud though, not with the overseer waiting for the first signs of weakness

: I will. And you take care of yourself.
: Believe me, I'll be watching back, front, everywhere.

: Now, slave, for your trial: There's a hermit named Spindrall who lives in the tomb of Ajunta Pall in the Valley of the Dark Lords.
: Spindrall's a lunatic, but Lord Zash sees him as some kind of prophet. Once you find him, he will test you.
: Fine, I will seek the insane hermit in the incredibly dangerous tomb and take his little test.
: What was that?
: Nothing, just making sure I understood where you were coming from
: But there, you know your task. Spindrall lives in the Tomb of Ajunta Pall in the Valley of the Dark Lords.

: Don't keep Spindrall waiting, slave.

: Well, at least nobody's dead yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------
LPer's Note:

So, this is the Sith Inquisitor class. The closest thing to a spellcaster that you'll find in The Old Republic. It's fairly popular, if only because apparently shooting lightning out of your fingers and cackling maniacally is a popular sort of thing.

Presently, Veianna is about what you'd expect from a slave being put into boot camp. You get a stick, some reasonably clean clothes, and are then sent out to get eaten by giant monsters. At this time, your combat options are equally limited. "Hit guy with a stick". "Hit guy twice with a stick" and "Give someone a nasty static shock". It won't stay as simple as this for long, but it is fairly telling that you are Not some legendary badass even out the gate as an Inquisitor--even the Jedi mirror of this has elaborate telekinesis by this point.

----------------------------------------------------------------

: You would figure that convenience alone would demand they keep up with the pest control here... Maybe they're not hungry right now...

: Or not :smith:

In hindsight, I needn't have worried. While the Sith may have a propensity towards needless backstabbing and counter-productive policies, when it comes to the training of their acolytes, they take few chances. The K'lor Slugs were almost distressingly weak.

A little bit of lightning, a few strikes with the training saber, and the first one was down.

The second wasn't far behind.

The whole species seemed almost suicidally aggressive, but they weren't really any match for a small child, let alone a full grown (If a bit scrawny) adult. I really should have taken this for the sign of my future that it was at the time, but the sheer novelty of being able to go about without supervision was clouding my judgement somewhat.

Still, you would have figured this place to be a bit more dangerous by now, right?

Alectai fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 5, 2012

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

And, in hindsight, it may be a bit tricky to read the text in the screenshots, I'm going to give the post a once-over to transcribe those.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

whowhatwhere posted:

So...they really give the force-users goofy toy lightsabers until they get real lightsabers?

Yes, they really do. Sith Warrior graduates to a genuine weapon pretty early (As they're the Golden Boy of the academy), but Inquisitor doesn't get a non weenie weapon unless they buy it out of their own pocket, or until a fair bit later.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Not to mention there's like, two vibrosword skins that are actual swords. One is really easy to get as long as you're going for it, but looks goofy. One looks awesome, but is a high level epic world drop and usually goes for half a milion credits :(

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Going to try to get another update in myself tonight, god help me when I'm back at work though.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Post may be delayed, family stuff getting in the way.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Okay! It looks like I've fallen behind, but only on the surface! I've got the screenshots and play-through done for the rest of Korriban, so it's just a matter of editing them down to a sane size, transcribing what I must, and posting the rest up for you to start pointing and laughing at my terrible photo edit skills.

More likely, the CERTAIN THING is going to come before I'm chronologically at that point, so you'll likely get a sneak peek at what's coming ahead.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

I've been alerted already.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Bobfly posted:

The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to your target. We're pros, right? Let's go for Operative.

Also, Zaodai mentioned how being an operative would mean you're an enormous dick... Which just appeals to me, really. I'm sorry.

Avast says there's a virus on your link

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

I wish I had the time and the energy to keep participating beyond my first chapter, but when I work 9 hour days at a stressful job, I'd be lucky to get an hour or two a day to keep up :(

Glad to see the LP continued though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Not... Exactly.

The Jedi code's very heavily based off of eastern philosophy as opposed to more typical "Right and Wrong". Technically, "Let go of your Attachments" doesn't mean "Become an emotionless drone", and is more "Don't let your personal feelings drag you down into the path of carnage". It's not that loving people is wrong, it's making that a central part of your life, and refusing to let go when the time comes that you get into problems.

Of course, the Jedi Order, being a massive organization, kind of misses the point after a while, and interprets "Let go" as "Attachments are bad", when it's really "Latching onto things and holding on even when the time's come to move on" is bad. Worldly concerns and all that.

That's also why it's so much harder to train a Jedi once they've become old enough to make attachments of their own--because they're not liable to give those attachments up because a bunch of monks tell you to.

• Locked thread