Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Cythereal posted:

1: Imperial Agent
2: Chiss
3: Female
4: 4
5: Idealist

This, go full light side. Also anyways call out racist idiots .

EDIT: Also, get the orange imperial officer uniform on Balmora and use it the entire game, especially on infiltration missions.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

On storylines, empire as a whole had the best. Imperial agent is awesome awesome you do it and light-side sith warrior are the best in the game, and from what I hear bounty hunter and inquistor arn't bad. In contrast, republic has smugger (pretty good, not near IA levels), trooper (do you like action moives and space?) jedi warrior (standard fight evil questline, boring) and consular (dont know much more than first act is a boring piece of poo poo). But the non-story quests are the same for each fraction, so if you play a sith warrior and a IA you have to do each sidequest twice. This makes it harder to do more than one character per fraction before getting bored and quitting. Plus a lack of endgame...

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Gladi posted:

There is actually a command for that.

I hated most the unlooted resource nodes. Once you interact with a node you "own" it, but if for some reason you do not loot it wholly it stays there completely inert - but detectable by other players.

They still havent fixed that? I remember that being in sine launch.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

She's cross-fraction, so it is holding when you count non-class quests.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

With my IA I wore the imperial jacket shown the LP for the entire game since I got it. Best when I was infiltrating places.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

OzCavalier posted:

I must have missed it, so confirm the Adavanced classes for each character:

Mort is a Maruader; Atronie is Assassin; Abeena is Sniper (??); and Lamadar was Mercenary, correct?

[Edit:] Crap, I thought I'd put this as an edit to my above post, not as a whole new one... Stupid me :saddowns:

Abeena is a operative, the stealth-melee-healer class.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Knowing EA, it is because all the servers are actually in Ireland.

(Which was the case with Sim City.)

I think they confirmed the SEA servers were hosted in SIngapore, but I might be wrong.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I like how your writing her, at least. Good to see she likes fire as much as Lambadar.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

It gets better.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I played the Agent's story. I know the option you haven't presented. Take that one. Failing that, stop the Eradicators.

He can't. He picked the wrong option, and cant take that path. Not sure if that intentional or not. Is it, Moon Slayer?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The exact line we screwed up was "Your wrong, Jadus. You won't be in a position to do anything." If you pick the "My allies are listening" line, you can get him to step down. If you pick the explosives line, he laughs if off and you have to do one of the two we got. Unless we can reset the quest, we cant do the hidden option. If we can, I vote for hidden option one

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Ah, Imperial Agent Act Two. Say what you will about most of this game's writing, but this is a terrific and well-written story arc.

I only got halfway through the act before I gave up on SWTOR, and the writing was great as far as I got. Shame the rubbish mechanics infuriated me enough to quit though.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

It will be explained. For those that are wondering, onomatophobia is the fear of a word or certain words. Very fitting, I found.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

A couple of times, most recently in the Keeper holo-conversation, I chose the "help me I've been brainwashed" dialogue option, but what Abeena really said was "the situation's under control." :smith:

I think there is also a option to try and pull a gun on the spymaster after you wake up (you can't, of course).

Also, you could make the internal narrator voice more prominent. When playing this bit I recognized the voice immediately (still was confused as hell) and it really added to the mystery.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I, personally, left him to die. I was playing my IA as mostly lightsided, but he tried to use brainwashing to command me, damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Dolash posted:

Hunter continues to be a real creep. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you undo the brainwashing on Quesh?

You start the process. The actual brainwashing isn't removed until later (how much later I don't know, since Hoth is where I finally got bored of the game)

• Locked thread