Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I played the hell out of this game until I got tired of doing the same thing over and over again. One of the few paths I didn't try and play was Smuggler. Good luck man.

1. Smuggler
2. Male
3. Whatever
4. 4
5. Whatever It Takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Looks like it's going to be Imperial Agent after all. Agent is the only class I played through to the end of the story. :( And I played a good guy.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cythereal posted:

Not even overweight on a female. Just curvy. On a male, it's big but sumo wrestler big - the kind that's very heavy, but also very muscular.

My chunky Sith Warrior was the best Sith Warrior :allears:.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
If you are going Agent his last name needs to be Fancypants.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Zaodai posted:

The best part about all the bugs they attributed to players not having good enough systems was the fact that there was an interface bug for like the first 3 months the game was out where skills would randomly not go off, or they'd go off like 5-10 seconds after you hit the button (and it not being a network latency issue) or they'd trigger the cooldown but not actually use the skill. Several months and many bug fix attempts later, what do they eventually find out the issue is? Multicore processors. If you played the game on any kind of remotely modern system, the UI wouldn't work in any kind of useful manner.

How did that make it through testing?

God don't I remember that. Part of what killed the game for me. I really finished the Agent storyline because I loved it then tried played through a few other classes before throwing up my hands in disgust.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Zaodai posted:

That comes so close to making me resubscribe just to see it.

Same here.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Bruceski posted:

I can never not see Baras as Grimoire Weiss.

Goddamnit. Now I can't un-see it you bastard.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
^^^^^^^^ There are pills for that you know.

I've been told that the Bounty Hunter has a *shoot* option in almost every bit of storyline, is that true? I only really got far as a Sniper and Commando so I always wanted to see the other storylines.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Kavingi posted:

...Did I just see a Paranoia reference? :neckbeard:

Isn't it wonderful?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cythereal posted:

Ah, the Phantom. Easily the best starship in the game for style alone.

I got as far as the ship with almost every class except the 2 Jedi classes and the Smuggler. The Phantom is the best.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Space missions are SO much more fun after you've upgraded your ship a few times. It's also fun to try and see how tricky you can get your flying or how many enemy fighter you can destroy by running into them (Hint: not very many)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Zaodai posted:

He's a space wizard, though. It's like having a Space Marine surrounded. It just means they may have to go farther to kill you all.

Space Marines call being surrounded and outnumbered a "Target Rich Environment."

edit: Jesus, that'll teach me to hit submit right away and not leave the computer.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
ANOTHER Paranoia reference? drat that makes me giddy. And that chick right there? Yeah... ewwwww. Should we be playing some sort of theme music with those last couple screenshots?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cythereal posted:

She is another sex scene opportunity.

This is where I truly started feeling like Bond with my Sniper. This and other conquests.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I can't help but look at this and think, "Pew, pew, pew! Finger gun!"

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Steampunk Star Wars?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Captain Bravo posted:

They actually have real guns in Star Wars, and they somehow managed to make them retarded as gently caress. I've given up on Star Wars doing pretty much anything right. I'm just in it for the pretty, pretty pictures. :v:

Stubbers, and the ones used by the criminal element suck rear end since most of them of no better than muskets. However there is a cartel of assassins that use loving awesome sniper rifles the fire a projectile coated in whatever that stuff prevents lightsabers from working. Cortosis or whatever. Cause Jedi don't deflect bullets, their lightsabers turn them into happy little clouds.

Zaodai posted:

Especially against Jedi. What's that? You can deflect blaster fire? Okay, how about something that fires 19 rounds per second that fly faster than your eye can track?

Jedi and Sith don't actually use their eyes to deflect blaster bolts but instead well-trained instinct augmented by the Force. Jedi Guardians, who specialized in lightsaber fighting and using to Force to augment their physical selves, could easily block blaster fire in a complete 360 degrees for a period of time.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 14, 2012

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

GenericServices posted:

That's true! For regular park-goers, the buyout didn't come as much of a surprise, since there's already a strong working relationship between the two companies. The Studios theme park down in Florida, for example, has been holding Star Wars weekend special events at certain times of the year for quite some time now, and they recently revamped the Star Tours motion simulator ride, too. It's a simulated intergalactic tour expedition (which inevitably goes horribly wrong). In a stroke of genius, they framed the waiting area as a series of jabs against the TSA, which I've found plays pretty well to an audience of tourists who just spent time getting jerked around by those guys.

Frankly, I think Disney might do a better job with the license. How they'll deal with TOR and its... interesting financial future is unknown.

Before I moved to Washington a good friend of mine used to buy four or five annual passes to Disneyland every year and a group of us would go up all the time. There was a fantastic lightsaber battle that used to be held once or twice a day in Spaceland that was an absolute blast to watch since they tried to change it up as often as possible. And going with my friend was great as he knew a ton of castmembers (employees) personally as some of them were clients of his and he knew almost all the secrets and lore of the park.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I loved doing that path with my male agent. You can seduce the tech chick who will tell you everything you want to know without ever talking to that other dude. Of course she then make an annoying holo call to you when you are about to leave the planet.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm having a blast watching the Light Side Sith Warrior play out. It's like every Jedi or Republic mook he meets goes :psyduck: "What the gently caress?" when he doesn't kill them.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hats off for the Paranoia game man. That brought back a lot of amusing train rides between San Diego and my parents house with buddies and nothing else to do.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Abeena is officially further into the storyline than my Sniper. I'm looking forward to seeing what's up and if Bioware had a decent excuse for lashing you to one companion for so loving long.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Red Man, Firebug and Shocker. Ahahahahahahaha!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Biggest question I had about this game is why aren't the Twi'lek males all ugly and knobby the way they are supposed to be?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That was amazing. Take all my stars!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Goddamn I loving CALLED it when I was playing Agent. I never got this far so it has been a supreme joy watching you.

Stop the Eradicators

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Xerophyte posted:

For some reason this made me read Mort in the voice of Eddie Izzard for the rest of the post. It was ... surprisingly appropriate.

I've been doing this the whole time, since Mort started. Hell I thought everyone had.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
+5 points for KoDP reference.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Dolash posted:

Sith are big on individualism, so it's strange to see a gang of six of them acting as a team of equals. Shouldn't they be trying to betray each other over the top spot? Or is what makes them so Dreaded that they've actually set aside petty bickering and work together?

The secret is that there's one consciousness guiding them. Each body acts like both a battery and magnifier for the Dark Side of the Force.

Or maybe that was Naruto.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
And now that I know how to be a bounty hunter it's time to move to Honolulu, praise Jesus and make me some money!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Catsworth posted:

Man now I'm sad that there's no purple and gold dye. Bioware! Add it!

You could always roll with a purple lightsaber and a gold lightsaber.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

PoptartsNinja posted:

I have another name for the Unknown Regions. I call it the Chiss Empire. It's pretty much the range where they actively gently caress up other colonies, so nobody can really expand into it. They're kinda jerks that way.

Edit: I don't know if this is true or not, but I have suspicions.

The Unknown Regions are called such because poo poo there is constantly shifting and moving around in odd patterns. There reason for this is the huge black holes in the region that pull poo poo every which way while orbiting themselves. Also it's the "barbaric" region of space.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Republic is hosed. The Imperials have a competent Moff.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Wyld Karde posted:

Darth Vader did it on Bespin when Han drew on him at the dinner table. It's a cool idea, but the Force blocking blasters is about as canon as things get.

Vader used Force Absorb to absorb the energy in the blaster bolts.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
poo poo just got real.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Nerd Moment: Midichlorians, the bacteria in the blood that make Jedi and Sith what they are, allow their hosts to manipulate the Force. The Force is always there, in and around everything. Those little living things in the blood let Jedi move poo poo around. The are the only creature in the known universe like that, that allow others to use the Force.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So do you actually get anything or is it pure story?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SWMadness posted:

Why is that such a huge Dark Side choice if it makes Jaesa happy? :psyduck:

You are giving in to your anger and hatred.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Blhue posted:

I tanked all the time as a soldier in AO back in the day. It was pretty much exactly the same as tanking with melee, except that I had a gun equipped. It doesn't have to involve radically different mechanics.

I was about to say something like this. I've done Ranged Tank in a couple of games now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Despite having seen you on the servers plenty of times I did not expect to ever see a reference to SS13.

• Locked thread