Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Amazing that it was difficult for the finance department to answer the question of if there was more money in bank accounts than they had in player liabilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimatemike
May 10, 2005

Little Joe? Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Aredna posted:

Amazing that it was difficult for the finance department to answer the question of if there was more money in bank accounts than they had in player liabilities.

He's lying :ssh:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

JCarver posted:

when pokervt changed management from the guy who was really nice but very pushy (one of my best friends now lol) to the guy who was just really nice i made a lot less stuff for them. even though i couldve put eating cake on pokervt instead of youtube for an absurd amount of money, i like the freedom of having my own channel that i can just make what i want when i want to instead of having to keep to heavy strategy.

for those that dont know i started eating cake as a goon-only project before it became public on youtube - i'm massively more willing to post detailed replies to strategy questions as they come up in my videos here than in any other forum so don't be shy to fire away. thanks for the support guys, nice to be back :)

You have no idea how excited this makes me. :v:

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

JCarver posted:

i'm back making videos on youtube! same general idea as eating cake - starting with $10, aiming to run it up to 10x per "season", playing different sorts of micro-smallstakes sngs/cash games on pokerstars. check it out and let me know what you guys think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlp77LKfIQ

Very cool, looking forward to watching this when it's actually happening. Since you mention different sorts of games, I hope you will be doing some PLO games!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

I dunno - I mean sure he's lying about a ton of stuff, but that's one thing that wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened. I've seen a company I worked for owe a supplier millions for the past 6 months of services that would have shut them down if the supplier cut them off - and it was all due to the person who had paid the bills going out on maternity leave (and then deciding to not come back to work) and just not telling anyone else they had to write that check. Companies are disorganized beyond belief all the time.

fake_roogle
Jun 20, 2008
A lot of folks (I'm assuming on 2+2) asked questions related to the relaunch of FTP. You can find a compiled Q&A here.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jason owns, nice vid.
Toronto also owns gtfo and at least get to a cool restaurant . I'll recommend if you like.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hope you know some good chicken tender places

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Chickery owns and is downtown

ultimatemike
May 10, 2005

Aredna posted:

I dunno - I mean sure he's lying about a ton of stuff, but that's one thing that wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened. I've seen a company I worked for owe a supplier millions for the past 6 months of services that would have shut them down if the supplier cut them off - and it was all due to the person who had paid the bills going out on maternity leave (and then deciding to not come back to work) and just not telling anyone else they had to write that check. Companies are disorganized beyond belief all the time.

For a normal company that may be the case but I think they lose the benefit of the doubt given all the other scummy poo poo they actually did.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

MassaShowtime posted:

The Chickery owns and is downtown

Toronto wud up.

I suck at finding restaurants so if you could recommend something by the Queen Elizabeth Theatre I'd appreciate it.

ultimatemike
May 10, 2005

Part 4 is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T5KWPlsBuY

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

some guy on 2+2 transcribed the first two parts.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/lederer-files-transcripts-1248055/

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Anyone playing in WSOP-European edition?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

TheAbortionator posted:

Toronto wud up.

I suck at finding restaurants so if you could recommend something by the Queen Elizabeth Theatre I'd appreciate it.

there's gently caress all at exhibition place, but if you walk up to queen street there's the gladstone, chantecler, grand electric and some others. not sure what's on King St around there.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I miss Full Tilt's $2 tourneys with $50k or $100k guarantees.

I just miss large tourneys in general :(

Boy Wunder
Dec 2, 2000

Thanks for all the free stuff you make for us, JCarver.

JCarver
Feb 12, 2005

Boy Wunder posted:

Thanks for all the free stuff you make for us, JCarver.

you're welcome, made 3 new videos today! i gotta get a little back into the swing of things, i feel like i need to be a little more energetic, and the setup here isn't great for video making (a lot of background noise that thankfully you can't really hear on vid). all in all though it feels awesome to be back and in october i think things will really take off. check out today's video and let me know what you guys think -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kLzJ2_tgmg (public at this point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r-TI_3m6XM (private GOON EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW, planning on releasing to public tmw)

sleuse
Dec 31, 2009
I have made sure to like the second video, thereby effectively doubling your self-esteem for the day at this early stage.

There's a joke here about "like odds" or something but I can't make it so thank you for all the videos, they have proved entertaining and very useful!

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

Cake Poker will be moving all US players to Juicy Stakes Poker(which is also basically ran by Cake). Still on the same network etc. This is happening Sep 27. I'll have more details soon. OnlinePokerReport.com have an article on it.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So will the player pool on lock be the same?

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

Yep.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Scotsman posted:

Cake Poker will be moving all US players to Juicy Stakes Poker(which is also basically ran by Cake). Still on the same network etc. This is happening Sep 27. I'll have more details soon. OnlinePokerReport.com have an article on it.

To me this reads that they are dumping US players and trying to protect Cake. Do you think they are trying to dump their US action?

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

Bashez posted:

To me this reads that they are dumping US players and trying to protect Cake. Do you think they are trying to dump their US action?

I wouldn't say they're trying to "dump" it - but rather distance themselves from US players so that business will go on as normal if the DOJ jump in. Similar to Bodog/Bovada except that was a full segregation.

Look at the worst case scenario: Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet.

They're basically protecting themselves against that. If the DOJ DO come knocking in another "Black Friday" type deal - theoretically Cake are fine, and it's business as normal for them. The only ones it would affect are Juicy Stakes.

Juicy Stakes is practically owned by Cake anyway FYI. So it's like taking the US players from Room A in their house to Room B. Then if the DOJ knocks at the door they can tell them "go close down Room B".

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

sleuse posted:

they have proved entertaining

No kidding, I never felt like I was forcing myself through them unlike 90% of the stuff out there.

I've also found myself using the word clown tons more.

So thanks for that JC.

JCarver
Feb 12, 2005

tomorrow's episode - 2-tabling on ZOOM poker, EXCLUSIVE preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StdrTx4vKjE. let me know what you guys think!

TheAbortionator posted:

No kidding, I never felt like I was forcing myself through them unlike 90% of the stuff out there.

I've also found myself using the word clown tons more.

So thanks for that JC.

i can die happy knowing ive made a difference

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

JCarver posted:

tomorrow's episode - 2-tabling on ZOOM poker, EXCLUSIVE preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StdrTx4vKjE. let me know what you guys think!

So fun to watch.

DanManIt
Sep 5, 2008

JCarver posted:

I thought it was really helpful, especially for a noob like me. I started playing like 6 months prior to black friday and haven't really played since FTP got shut down.

I like the zoom format too, lots of hands to look at.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

JCarver posted:

tomorrow's episode - 2-tabling on ZOOM poker, EXCLUSIVE preview

I was hoping you'd do some Zoom. And I love watching how you deal with the random crazy stuff from the 2NL players. :)

2-tabling seems a touch too hectic? Like you didn't have quite enough time to talk about all the interesting hands and we missed out on some of the 'JCarver banter' that makes these more fun than the typical poker videos. I'm not sure if only one table would be too slow tho.. ?

JCarver
Feb 12, 2005

JasonV posted:

I was hoping you'd do some Zoom. And I love watching how you deal with the random crazy stuff from the 2NL players. :)

2-tabling seems a touch too hectic? Like you didn't have quite enough time to talk about all the interesting hands and we missed out on some of the 'JCarver banter' that makes these more fun than the typical poker videos. I'm not sure if only one table would be too slow tho.. ?

zoom particularly is the culprit moreso than 2 tabling... maybe just 1 zoom table next time, let's see how that goes.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

JCarver posted:

Audio seems quiet for me, I had to put volume to max to hear it properly.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ugh I really want to play internet poker after watching that Zoom video. I hate being around so many scumbags at the race track even if they are practically giving their money to me.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMA5gPT9CPE

:lol:

vampire
Aug 31, 2006

Mister Son of a beeetch
So thaaat's what it's like to be in the mind of a fish.

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought she was going to say her dream was to "win the lottery and piss it away in vegas" but it was just a stutter :(

edit: is "ace on the button" common fish lingo?

Blinky2099 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 27, 2012

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

I just watched the whole thing and it all seems pretty standard.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Some guy was just open shoving every hand at NL25 at my table and two people just up and left.

I made a killing in Skalansky bucks.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 28, 2012

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK I'm a bit of a noob but surely one doesn't fold A6 after the flop when the entire table checks around to you and you're on the button and you could just check if you're too timid to stab at the pot?

e. oh just re-watching this hand; two limpers, she calls with A6 on the button instead of raising, BB and SB limp, 3s10c10s comes on the flop, action is fold, raise to 100 (making the pot 148), Fold, Fold, so she's facing a 2xpot raise with A6 on the button. So a more reasonable fold I suppose, but I'd put my opponent on maybe a spade draw or maybe a three, and figure I can push him off with any raise?

Also when you minraise AK and then four people behind you go all in surely you're getting fabulous pot odds to shove?

I'm only like four minutes in and she seems startlingly terrible.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 29, 2012

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leperflesh posted:

I'm only like four minutes in and she seems startlingly terrible.
that is why it is funny, good sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK just checking.

I've played online for free money on Stars for a few years, watched a lot of poker on TV, and played in-person with total neophytes for no money and won a small tournament at a party.

Oh and I read Harrington.

But none of this suggests to me that I really know much about poker yet, so when this lady is making a video about her poker play it makes me kind of boggle. Probably it's Dunning-Kruger in action.

Ten minutes in and I had to shut it down. At least she's not risking real money, so she's that smart, anyway.