Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I just found out that Cthulhu Gloom exists. It sounds pretty awesome, and has an expansion!

Splicer fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

This thing is even cuter in person. It is mind-destroyingly cute and snuggly.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

I'm looking to run a Cthulhu game set during Napoleon's invasion of Egypt. I'm thinking foppish types following along with the army, each with a mysterious letter from a benefactor promising them great wealth particularly catered to their interests.

It's for first time players but I'm a relatively experienced GM and have played a few CoC games before. I'm thinking the Chaosium D100 system or the Trail of Cthulhu gumshoe type thing, as I want to amp up the horror and fragility as the plot thickens but I want a decent non-supernatural investigative starting component.

Any suggestions at all?

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

moths posted:

It's not all bad news, though, because I found some 1920s mugshots today. Tougher mugs are hard to find.

This is amazing. I can imagine taking this guy and pretty much writing a scenario around him.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Karandras posted:

I'm looking to run a Cthulhu game set during Napoleon's invasion of Egypt. I'm thinking foppish types following along with the army, each with a mysterious letter from a benefactor promising them great wealth particularly catered to their interests.

It's for first time players but I'm a relatively experienced GM and have played a few CoC games before. I'm thinking the Chaosium D100 system or the Trail of Cthulhu gumshoe type thing, as I want to amp up the horror and fragility as the plot thickens but I want a decent non-supernatural investigative starting component.

Any suggestions at all?

The Trail of Cthulhu scenario "Hell Fire" may help you adapt ToC to the 18th/19th-century milieu.
http://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=6543

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
Ok, I've been mulling over making a Call of Cthulhu campaign with some friends. I want to start out with one small, self-made adventure to get the characters together and then move into Masks of Nyarlathotep or one of the bigger campaigns (the local shop has Beyond the Mountains of Madness for $30, I just might pick that up for good measure). The problem is that I've never DMed before, never written up a campaign or anything. I've been looking up some Lovecraft material (read the comics Severed and Ed Brubaker's Fatale, currently reading At The Mountains of Madness).

Anyway, weird/stupid story: I've been putting it all on the back burner though because of the holidays and running around, but this New Years Day my local broadcasting channel was doing a marathon of old camp horror movies, and one of the films was Madhouse starring Vincent Price. I watched like five minutes of it where Vincent Price is doing a monologue about how he created this character Dr. Death, and how he was killing everyone in this film studio. As soon as a commercial came on, I flipped the channel and watched something else or played XCOM, I forget, basically went about the rest of my day.

Well, last night, I had a dream. I was walking up a dirt path surrounded by forest to a large cottage/cabin. The cottage itself is almost suffocated by the surrounding woods, and as I walk up the path I notice that someone is waiting by the front door. That person was Vincent Price, and as I walk up to the porch of this cottage, he says nothing, but opens the door to the cottage gestures me to walk in. As soon as the door opens, the earth vibrates slightly, and a low rumble can be heard coming from the forest. As soon as the rumble stops, I see a field mouse run up to the open door where we're standing, stop looks up at us, and goes in. two or three more run in through the house, I notice a few more running along the sides of the house. Then they come by the dozens, then hundreds, and all of them squeaking and all of them running one direction, either through or around the house to the woods behind the cottage. Literally the floor of the forest is covered with these mice, and Vincent Price is just standing there, looking at me, and still inviting me in. Then I'm filled with this dread, this impending doom, and this feeling that I don't want to be here. These field mice are running from something, and it's coming down the only path out of here.

I jolt from the force of me trying to wake up. And as soon as I realized I was in my bed, I knew that Vincent Price had visited me in my dreams to guide me to the first chapter of my campaign. In a story where dreams take a major role in the events that unfurl, I think it would be silly to ignore such a prominent figure of horror showing me how to proceed. I want to do this, but I don’t want it to play out this chapter like it’s the story of Evil Dead, most of the people I will be playing with will pick up on that and it wouldn’t be as fun/haunting/cool...

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hmm. I grabbed the Cthulhu LCG after stumbling across the core set in a game store, and I gotta say that I'm really not that impressed. The art is cool and very thematic, the domain marker tokens are well sculpted (to the point where I'm planning on painting them for fun), but the game itself seems...not that fun at all. It seems like since you know the characters your opponent has in play, it's all too easy to see when you should and shouldn't commit to a story, leaving the game a race to see who can summon their best cards earliest (particularly Terror- and Combat- heavy characters) and wipe the floor nearly unopposed.

Am I....doing it wrong somehow? Are there any expansions that alleviate this issue to any degree? I'm planning on picking up some expansions anyway because I am a weak-willed fool when it comes to both Cthulhu AND card games.

E: And I'm crazy jealous of all you people who get to play weird horror/Cthulhu RPGS, in my area I can't even find anyone to play D&D or WoD with me, let alone more obscure stuff. I have Paranoia XP sitting on my shelf, just mocking me....*sigh*.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 7, 2013

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

neongrey posted:

This thing is even cuter in person. It is mind-destroyingly cute and snuggly.

I bought one of these for my gf for Christmas, and less than a month later the fabric of the heart on its chest is starting to come undone. It's sad, and im sure it just slipped through quality control, but it still makes me a little angry. I wrote sjgames and sent them pics, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Is yours holding up structurally? We haven't done anything except hug the little gently caress

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This is going to sound absolutely out of left field and possibly quite insane (how fitting), but has anyone tried to combine wuxia-esque martial arts stories (think along the lines of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Of things like wandering swordsmen of impeccable justice and righteousness and martial artists with Secret Ancient Forbidden Techniques) and the Cthulhu mythos?

Not CthulhuTech. Never CthulhuTech.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

This is going to sound absolutely out of left field and possibly quite insane (how fitting), but has anyone tried to combine wuxia-esque martial arts stories (think along the lines of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Of things like wandering swordsmen of impeccable justice and righteousness and martial artists with Secret Ancient Forbidden Techniques) and the Cthulhu mythos?

Well, there's always the Exalted setting, if you make all the PCs heroic mortals. Just have the mortals go up against demons/the Yozis, and there you are.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

You could do Legends of the Wulin, and just make the various mythos creatures into ranked fighters. You'd likely have to give them much more powerful "kung fu styles" to model their potency for the really mean things.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Has anyone played GURPS:Cthulhupunk?

I've heard it described as "basically, you're the dudes from JSRF, and it turns out that The Man is evil cultists. Don't get taken alive."

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Lord Frisk posted:

I bought one of these for my gf for Christmas, and less than a month later the fabric of the heart on its chest is starting to come undone. It's sad, and im sure it just slipped through quality control, but it still makes me a little angry. I wrote sjgames and sent them pics, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Is yours holding up structurally? We haven't done anything except hug the little gently caress

I didn't buy him, just saw him in the store when I was picking up something else for a niece. I should have, though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Yawgmoth posted:

You could do Legends of the Wulin, and just make the various mythos creatures into ranked fighters. You'd likely have to give them much more powerful "kung fu styles" to model their potency for the really mean things.

I'm suddenly imagining "CTHULHU MYTHOS TOURNAMENT FIGHTERS". For the SNES, maybe.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Pope Guilty posted:

I'm suddenly imagining "CTHULHU MYTHOS TOURNAMENT FIGHTERS". For the SNES, maybe.

It's kinda been done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_%26_Blood:_Warriors_of_Ravenloft

the_tourist
Jun 14, 2000

I am a prototype for a much larger system.
I picked up Elder Sign: Omens for my Android devices and have enjoyed it, but I'm wondering if the classic boardgame version plays similarly. It seems that the electronic version of the game streamlines a lot of the counting and management-type stuff, which is nice, but is the original version so brutally dependent on good dice rolls? I'm loving the mythos and feel of the game, but it just feels like I don't have much in the way of influencing the gameplay once I'm out of items and success is left completely to chance.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf

Yeah, Cthulhutech even on its least rape-y day doesn't have that. Its three games are: investigators, super-agents that turn into li'l monstars, and mecha.

There actually is a BRP "mythic China" supplement (I think) but I can't seem to find it. Alternately you might look at Superworld, the BRP supers system and see if there's something there you want to import.

Blood and Relics was a d20 era adventure-and-occult sourcebook that's pretty great (if you like d20). As with all d20 stuff, it's all about how insane the feats/class features you permit.

Alternately, just use d20 Cthulhu as monsters in a Spycraft game with no guns.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: 7th edition rumors :siren:

Someone claiming to be in the 7e playtest and bad at adhering to the NDA has intimated some stuff!

7e may borrow a modified version of D&D Next's advantage / disadvantage system. So in situations where you would have doubled your skill, you now 2D10 for the 10s place and 1D10 for the 1s place - keeping the 10s place you prefer.

But in situations where you would have halved your skill, you also roll 2D10 for the 10s place but must succeed on both.

Something about it seems way off to me, a layperson in the world of maths. Suppose you need to roll under 20 on a D%. You have a 20% chance to do this, since 2/10 results (0, 1) on the first D10 will succeed. At half skill it would be 10%, since 1/10 results (0) on that D10 succeed.

But passing that test twice is a much less-than 10% chance, isn't it? Because now you need (0,1) and (0,1) on two dice. So you have a 20% of a 20% chance, or a net 5% chance of success (if I did that right). Would you double that for the other situation, making two 5% chances instead of one 10% chance? Is that statistically the same thing?

I don't know what they're going to implement it or how right the rumor is - I didn't get into the playtest. And if I did I couldn't talk about this.

They've also mentioned Spot Hidden type rolls will now automatically give you the clue, with extra bonus information if you pass. This may also work with Idea rolls as a "move the game along" mechanic, with negative consequences for failing (you still get the idea, but maybe it's worse when you get there).

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The spot hidden idea reminds me of cthulhu dark, where every roll is a success, but how you roll affects the degree of success. These are interesting ideas, and I could see house ruling some of them into a CoC game.

e: yeah, the halved skill stuff does drastically reduce your chances of success. For some reason I doubt they would implement it, because to roll under 20, you've got a 20% chance, but to do it twice it becomes 4%. I'm not really sure what you're asking for with the "other situation" but if you roll two 10's place dice and get to keep one, you would go from (assuming we still want a roll under 20) a 20% chance to a 40%.

Mathematically, to do both under twenty, you multiply the odds. .2*.2=.04 To do one under twenty with two sets, you just get 2*.2=.4

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jan 19, 2013

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

That can't be right, though - if you rolled five times you still wouldn't be guaranteed to roll under, even though 5*.2=1 would imply that you did. I'm no good with probabilities unfortunately so I'm not sure what the correct way of going about that would be, but I think you'd have to change the sample space itself to include both rolls and then calculate the probability based on which sets of rolls succeed (anything with one OR both rolls under 2).

Essentially it's not doubled.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think they're shying away from situations where you do math on the fly. This is generally good for pacing, but I have reservations about the math. One of the earlier rumors was that character sheets had spots for double, half, and 1/5th numbers so you could instantly check if you rolled an easy success, hard success, or an impale. That seems like a much better solution since you don't get into wonky percentages.

I'm of two minds for the "the always get the clue" rolls. I mean, it's stupid to have an adventure grind to a halt if nobody checks the victim's pockets, but that's more of an adventure-writing problem than a system design problem. Addressing it in-game pushes into Cthulhu Dark and Trail of Cthulhu territory, and Call has always been more of an adventure game with investigative elements (even thought the PCs are Investigators) than a straight-up investigative game.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ryoshi posted:

That can't be right, though - if you rolled five times you still wouldn't be guaranteed to roll under, even though 5*.2=1 would imply that you did. I'm no good with probabilities unfortunately so I'm not sure what the correct way of going about that would be, but I think you'd have to change the sample space itself to include both rolls and then calculate the probability based on which sets of rolls succeed (anything with one OR both rolls under 2).

Essentially it's not doubled.
You're right.

To get the odds of succeeding X times on X dice you take the odds of succeeding to the power of X. So succeeding at two rolls at 2/10 (0.2) would be 0.04 (4%).

To get the odds of succeeding at least once on X dice you take the odds of failing to the power of X and subtract that from 1. So succeeding at least once at two rolls at 2/10 (0.2) would be 1 - (0.8^2) = 1 - (0.64) = 0.36 (36%), or just over a third.

(5 rolls would be 1 - (0.8^5) = (67.232%), or just over two thirds)

Splicer fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 19, 2013

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Either way, the halved skill would drop it waaaay too much to be usable. Dropping it to four percent almost guarantees failure when you had a twenty percent chance to start with.
Thanks for the reality on math.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
In sad news, Lynn Willis, co-creator with Sandy Peterson, has died.

Quick, somebody reduce the body to its essential salts!

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

moths posted:

:siren: 7th edition rumors :siren:

I am bound under the NDA until Chaosium decides to release it, and I have no desire to get screwed by breaking it, so I can't confirm or deny anything here, but I enjoyed my playtest. I have run 6th edition fairly frequently, for reference, and was introduced to the game with it. I'm under the impression that the first 6 editions were relatively close in mechanics.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Are you allowed to say whether there is a mechanical difference between 7th and 6th? IIRC, the changes in previous editions were almost all formatting changes, and they were almost all compatible mechanically. I never noticed anything too outrageously different between 4th and 6th

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

Lord Frisk posted:

Are you allowed to say whether there is a mechanical difference between 7th and 6th? IIRC, the changes in previous editions were almost all formatting changes, and they were almost all compatible mechanically. I never noticed anything too outrageously different between 4th and 6th
My understanding is that they're mechanically quite a bit more different than anything they have been 2nd to 6th.

Lynn's passing comes as a shock and a loss. His health hadn't been great for a while but still, I hadn't spoken to him in a little over a year and now I never will again. Bah. RIP Lynn, you were a font of great ideas to menace my investigators, see you at the great library.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There have been tiny changes over the years, but it's always been hard to notice. Some of the skills have changed, and some of the starting skill levels have varied, but for the most part you could pick up a module written for 2nd ed and run it in 6th.

SageNytell, I absolutely don't want to get you in hot water and would recommend against going into any detail beyond that you're enjoying it. Even though I'd like to hear all about all of this, I realize you signed a thing.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Trust me. When I can talk about it, I will. I have no interest in being sued, just inevitably failing in my struggles against ancient alien gods. :cthulhu:

Lord Frisk posted:

Are you allowed to say whether there is a mechanical difference between 7th and 6th?

Nope! Not yet, NDA's fairly complete.

I enjoyed the playtest a great deal.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
You know, you could so easily reskin The Laundry or DG to be set in Soviet Russia, like a cross between Gorky Park and the Mythos. Hell, I always viewed Arkady Renko as kind of a Soviet Fox Mulder without the paranormal stuff. seriously, everyone, go read Gorky Park right now it owns

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Karandras posted:

So...young people sent out to solve a task with muskets and the Enlightenment, for which neither is suited? :haw:

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf

HEGEL SMOKE A J posted:

You know, you could so easily reskin The Laundry or DG to be set in Soviet Russia, like a cross between Gorky Park and the Mythos. Hell, I always viewed Arkady Renko as kind of a Soviet Fox Mulder without the paranormal stuff. seriously, everyone, go read Gorky Park right now it owns

I did a con scenario set in the Ukraine at the time of the death of Lenin, when the fate of the Ukraine seemed really uncertain. The characters were half from Moscow and half locals, with lots of reasons to distrust each other. It worked really well.

And there's a 1933 scenario called Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37 where the characters are Red Army soldiers. It's all right.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JDCorley posted:

I did a con scenario set in the Ukraine at the time of the death of Lenin, when the fate of the Ukraine seemed really uncertain. The characters were half from Moscow and half locals, with lots of reasons to distrust each other. It worked really well.
Yessss.

quote:

And there's a 1933 scenario called Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37 where the characters are Red Army soldiers. It's all right.

You know, replace the soldiers with a few NKVD officials, a professor or two, and a political officer and you got yourself a plot hook...

Edit. Ooh, or the Russian space program. Every time something went wrong it was classified; for instance, there are still rumors that Gagarin wasn't the first Vostok pilot, just the first to live. Then you just have the atmosphere of the whole thing being held together with chewing gum and the cheap Russian knockoff of Scotch tape, and that's before the creatures from the Dungeon Dimensions show up...

Say the Soviets were the first to make a successful moon landing, just...there's a reason they didn't tell anyone. What do they know?

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 20, 2013

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Hey Hegel, have you seen the Gorky Park movie? If so, thoughts? Is it worth the watch? I'll snag the book when I can, but video is much more accessible to me (cause I hate reading ebooks)

To keep this thread on track, all the bread crumbs and clues I've seen about 7th ed CoC makes me want to get the new rule set ASAP. I'm ready to see a new game play mechanic implemented.

I come from a mining community, and I always thought a good story hook would be this: "Open pit iron ore mine. During routine blasting, a strange sound is heard, and a vibration can be felt as far as 40 miles away. After clearing the ore and scrap rock, a huge angled piece of metal is discovered. When the loader's bucket teeth touch the thing, a terrible high pitch sound emanates. Everyone in the same 40 mile radius drops, knocked unconscious. A few die, most come back with bloody noses and memories that don't belong to them. The shape in the earth now lies exposed, and strange glyphs shimmer in the sun."
The story would involve a few key people, the development of psionics, and the general investigation of the strange thing in the mine.

What I wanna ask this thread is, what system would be the best fit for this?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Lord Frisk posted:

Hey Hegel, have you seen the Gorky Park movie? If so, thoughts? Is it worth the watch? I'll snag the book when I can, but video is much more accessible to me (cause I hate reading ebooks).
I have not, and I had no idea there even was one. I don't think I'll watch it, since nothing matches that book in my head, you know? (Plus, a slightly fatter and greying David Duchovny plays Arkady Renko in my mind, so there's that.) If you like mystery novels, you need to read that book though.

quote:

What I wanna ask this thread is, what system would be the best fit for this?
That sounds like an ownage idea, for the record. My first reaction would be Apocalypse World, but it depends, I think, on what you want to do. Horror? Pulpy adventure? X-Files? Weird science? Funky space travel? That time in the 70s when all the sci-fi was just really odd for some reason? And not just setting, but metadata as well: are you thinking lots of combat, lots of skill checks, lots of roleplaying?

If you want a system that's just gosh-darn easy to use and level in, CoC is still great and you can hack it to do just about anything, but so many systems also have ideas for settings (or playstyle) within them that it's hard to give advice without knowing where you want to take this.

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 20, 2013

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

HEGEL SMOKE A J posted:

That sounds like an ownage idea, for the record. My first reaction would be Apocalypse World, but it depends, I think, on what you want to do. Horror? Pulpy adventure? X-Files? Weird science? Funky space travel? That time in the 70s when all the sci-fi was just really odd for some reason? And not just setting, but metadata as well: are you thinking lots of combat, lots of skill checks, lots of roleplaying?

If you want a system that's just gosh-darn easy to use and level in, CoC is still great and you can hack it to do just about anything, but so many systems also have ideas for settings (or playstyle) within them that it's hard to give advice without knowing where you want to take this.

I'm going mainly for Investigation and Horror, but I need to smoothly incorporate elements of magic through psionics into the story line/mechanics. I'd be looking for more of a role play rather than combat heavy type game, generally the style usually associated with CoC. Ideally I'd keep this as close to real world as possible, (fantastical elements aside) with the characters playing real people stuck in an unreal situation. I'd use CoC 6e, but I don't know how well magic use would mash into it. I'll check Apocalypse World though. If anyone has ideas, please shout them out all at once.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Lord Frisk posted:

I'm going mainly for Investigation and Horror, but I need to smoothly incorporate elements of magic through psionics into the story line/mechanics.
What kind of magic? Flashy? Low-key? Incredibly costly? I mean, if it's the latter, CoC works pretty well for that and you can just reskin it as psychic powers.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I saw it being mostly light usage. Moving objects, projecting thoughts. Anything higher, say pyrokinesis, would be like to cause an aneurism. Moving something heavy would cause a large nose bleed/burst blood vessels in the eyes. In the beginning any psionics use would cause nausea and/or nosebleeds, and as the story progresses, the characters gain more insight into how to use it. They will also gain insight into eldritch and alien technologies.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Also, is this basically just Tommyknockers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lord Frisk posted:

I saw it being mostly light usage. Moving objects, projecting thoughts. Anything higher, say pyrokinesis, would be like to cause an aneurism. Moving something heavy would cause a large nose bleed/burst blood vessels in the eyes. In the beginning any psionics use would cause nausea and/or nosebleeds, and as the story progresses, the characters gain more insight into how to use it. They will also gain insight into eldritch and alien technologies.
How relevant do you want the psionics to be? Do you want the psionics to have any real impact on the game other than the token "weird thing" that kicks the game off, or do you want "Blast them with psychic" to be a valid solution to certain problems? If the actual usefulness of the psionics is quite limited you could take a wide variety of low- or no-magic systems and just stick "also you can shove small things with your mind" on the end, if you want them to be more relevant mechanically you're going to need some kind of a structure around them.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 20, 2013