Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Farming for a legendary titan mod was pretty brutal. I ended up getting almost every other one before it, got like at least 3 of each of the other zerker mods as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Been creating tons of badass zarkids in Caustic Caverns for HOURS and not a single tubby. :sigh:

Edit: Half tempted to just go ahead and take my level 50 Gaige through UVHM because with my luck, SHE will probably get the Legendary Cat mod to drop, haha.

...! fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 8, 2017

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Can't you transfer saves off the PS3 or PS4? Honestly, a save editor is the only reasonable way to get the tubby drops.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

...! posted:

Been creating tons of badass zarkids in Caustic Caverns for HOURS and not a single tubby. :sigh:

Varkids are bad for farming tubbies in my experience. Doing the spiderant run I mentioned earlier, I wanna say I get a tubby about 1 out of 3 runs, and sometimes it feels like more often (I've encountered triplet tubbies on more than one occasion).

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Rinkles posted:

Varkids are bad for farming tubbies in my experience. Doing the spiderant run I mentioned earlier, I wanna say I get a tubby about 1 out of 3 runs, and sometimes it feels like more often (I've encountered triplet tubbies on more than one occasion).

I guess I didn't understand your post. Where are your tubby spots? If I get too far into the area, I run into threshers and I've found that trying to run past them is... problematic.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

...! posted:

I guess I didn't understand your post. Where are your tubby spots? If I get too far into the area, I run into threshers and I've found that trying to run past them is... problematic.

What I do is after opening the first gate (passing through a varkid area) I turn left (you need to open the entrance from the other side the first time) and jump down. This leads directly to the main spiderant area. I run around trying to spawn as many as possible, kill them and then enter the little cave (also infested with spiderants) where there's a red chest. When I exit a few extra spiderants will usually spawn. After that, quick as I can I run through the thresher area that leads to the elevator.

You're right that threshers can be a nuisance---Rough Rider Fleet helps---but I never had that big a problem even with standard Maya, outside a Super Badass spawning. Maya's powerful enough that if I do get caught it's not for long.

When going up the elevator I usually hug the wall, though that's actually a bad position to be in if you do go down into fight for your life, for obvious reasons. Then it's a short distance to the red chest at the end of the spiderant nesting area. Before resetting, I usually return back to the elevator because a badass level spiderant often spawns there. The whole thing takes, idk, 10-15 minutes depending on how thorough I am, though I never actually timed it.

Your posts got me to do a single run yesterday, but after clearing the upper level I also went to the Minecraft cave, and as luck would have it a Longbow dropped for the first time (it's cool).

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Rinkles posted:

What I do is after opening the first gate (passing through a varkid area) I turn left (you need to open the entrance from the other side the first time) and jump down. This leads directly to the main spiderant area. I run around trying to spawn as many as possible, kill them and then enter the little cave (also infested with spiderants) where there's a red chest. When I exit a few extra spiderants will usually spawn. After that, quick as I can I run through the thresher area that leads to the elevator.

You're right that threshers can be a nuisance---Rough Rider Fleet helps---but I never had that big a problem even with standard Maya, outside a Super Badass spawning. Maya's powerful enough that if I do get caught it's not for long.

When going up the elevator I usually hug the wall, though that's actually a bad position to be in if you do go down into fight for your life, for obvious reasons. Then it's a short distance to the red chest at the end of the spiderant nesting area. Before resetting, I usually return back to the elevator because a badass level spiderant often spawns there. The whole thing takes, idk, 10-15 minutes depending on how thorough I am, though I never actually timed it.

Your posts got me to do a single run yesterday, but after clearing the upper level I also went to the Minecraft cave, and as luck would have it a Longbow dropped for the first time (it's cool).

I tried this for five or six runs, minus the elevator because I can't remember how to activate it and, honestly, gently caress those threshers. Didn't have a single tubby spiderant spawn... but on the last run one of the badass varkid spawning trucks in the spiderant nest spawned a tubby varkid, which dropped a level 70 Legendary Cat. So... all's well that ends well, haha? That'll have to do for awhile. I'm not up for farming a level 72 yet; I'm all farmed out at the moment.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The stat variation on class mods is so big that a level 70 mod can potentially have higher stats than a 72 one, if that's any consolation.

Sorry it didn't quite work as well for you. If you ever want to unlock the elevator, you need to go to Sawtooth Caldrun (mission called The Lost Treasure, you have to find an echo recorder in a box to start it). Eventually it'll send you back to the Caustic Caverns with hints on how to restore power. One of the more memorable side quests for me, because you have to use environmental cues to figure out where to go.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Except I'm pretty sure that the level 72 has +6 to skills rather than +5.

What's the best Sandhawk? I've been force quitting to the PS4 desktop while trying to get a shock elemental Flying Sandhawk.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

...! posted:

I'm pretty sure Cat caps out at +5.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

...! posted:

What's the best Sandhawk? I've been force quitting to the PS4 desktop while trying to get a shock elemental Flying Sandhawk.

Ideally one of each. Corrosive is good because the bullet shape is perfect against loaders. Shock should be pretty useful too.
I believe you want the "flying" prefix but I could be wrong.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Rinkles posted:

I'm pretty sure Cat caps out at +5.

Huh. I just checked and it looks like you're right. Weird.

After I get my Sandhawk I'm going to have to decide whether I hate myself enough to try going OP.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Just as an aside, when I popped back into my PS3 copy of the game in order to transfer my characters to my PS4, I spent a couple of minutes on the PS3 as Gaige clearing out Claptrap's stash since that's the only thing that doesn't transfer. Holy poo poo, the frame rate difference is EXTREMELY noticeable; the PS4 version is so much smoother that it's insane. The PS3 version feels so jerky that I have no idea how I managed to play it back in the day.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Never got the trophy for killing Terramorphus so I decided to make things easier and fight him on Normal difficulty with my level 72 Maya. I expected it to be pretty easy, but drat. Fucker died with three shots from my Sand Hawk. I laughed so hard I'm surprised I didn't wake the neighbors.

He even dropped a level 50 mechromancer class mod, which I handed off to my level 50 Gaige.

...! fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 10, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

...! posted:

Never got the trophy for killing Terramorphus so I decided to make things easier and fight him on Normal difficulty with my level 72 Maya. I expected it to be pretty easy, but drat. Fucker died with three shots from my Sand Hawk. I laughed so hard I'm surprised I didn't wake the neighbors.

He even dropped a level 50 mechromancer class mod, which I handed off to my level 50 Gaige.

That's what made hunting down the various hard-to-get skins and heads bearable (Vermi's stuff is still virtually impossible).

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I expected Terramorphus Peak to pop the trophy for finding all named locations since all my other maps are full. It did not. Now I gotta thoroughly run all over all the maps to see what I missed. :suicide:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

...! posted:

I expected Terramorphus Peak to pop the trophy for finding all named locations since all my other maps are full. It did not. Now I gotta thoroughly run all over all the maps to see what I missed. :suicide:

Oh man I had "fun" with that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think it's a one tiny overlook in one of the frost maps. Or perhaps a nook in The Badass Crater?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Another one that is easy to overlook is a tiny area inside of Sawtooth Cauldron. You can only access it by riding the elevator to the top and jumping off onto this little hill area with a portable toilet and one of those car trunk chests.

e: It's called Avie's Camp. Here's what it looks like from the top platform.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 11, 2017

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I actually found Avie's Camp on accident during my first time through, so I know it's not that.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Got the map trophy. I was somehow missing half the map on Southern Shelf Bay.

Did OP1. Decided I don't hate myself enough to do OP2.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

how viable is the bandit class? I reinstalled with the GOTY edition and I'm playing the bandit and holy poo poo he seems awful. the only guns the game wants to drop for me are pistols and shotguns and the melee rampage ability seems underwhelming and he feel slow as hell.

does the bandit end up being worth playing or should I cut my losses now and try another class?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Krieg is one of the best classes in the game, able to solo raid bosses. Look up the video, "Krieg is indifferent to gear." Or check my post history for it. I'd post it myself but I'm on mobile.

Which tree are you using? The middle and left trees are the easiest to start in, and the right tree is fine once you have a couple incendiary weapons. His action ability is entirely dependent on getting kills, but you shouldn't have too much trouble doing that really on. Look for a roid shield! And don't forget you can throw the ax.

The left tree is all about guns, the middle is for melee, the right is for elemental damage. They all work well on their own, and the left and middle trees both pair well with the right tree.

He has a few useless skills, like every character. The one that comes to mind is the "drop grenade on death" one. It's too situational at a time where every skill point counts.

If you're still in the beginning of the game, you'll start seeing more different types of weapons drop as you progress. They're gated by your level or story progression, though the game really does love giving you pistols.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Solumin posted:

Krieg is one of the best classes in the game, able to solo raid bosses. Look up the video, "Krieg is indifferent to gear." Or check my post history for it. I'd post it myself but I'm on mobile.

Which tree are you using? The middle and left trees are the easiest to start in, and the right tree is fine once you have a couple incendiary weapons. His action ability is entirely dependent on getting kills, but you shouldn't have too much trouble doing that really on. Look for a roid shield! And don't forget you can throw the ax.

The left tree is all about guns, the middle is for melee, the right is for elemental damage. They all work well on their own, and the left and middle trees both pair well with the right tree.

He has a few useless skills, like every character. The one that comes to mind is the "drop grenade on death" one. It's too situational at a time where every skill point counts.

If you're still in the beginning of the game, you'll start seeing more different types of weapons drop as you progress. They're gated by your level or story progression, though the game really does love giving you pistols.

holy poo poo that was awesome. i am guessing that's something you don't get to do until you hit level cap? right now i have like 3 skill points so my 3/5 +health skill isn't doing very much for me

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

holy poo poo that was awesome. i am guessing that's something you don't get to do until you hit level cap? right now i have like 3 skill points so my 3/5 +health skill isn't doing very much for me

It's almost entirely Release the Beast, the middle tree capstone that buffs Buzzax Rampage if you activate it at low health, which is how he chains all those rampages together. A few other skills help, as does the excellent roid shield he's using.

Krieg definitely takes a while to get going, which is unfortunate but not unusual. The same could be said of Zer0, for example. If you're playing solo, going down the middle tree in order to get Light the Fuse is a great idea. Or, you could focus entirely on the left tree and just use guns -- that tree has a great capstone. Don't forget respeccing is cheap, so you could go up one tree until you have enough skill points to get a gamechanger skill in another tree.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

yeah in my experience until you get a capstone skill krieg is kinda bad but once you do you are off the chain and unstoppable

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
This has probably been asked and answered a whole bunch but I REALLY want to have a fun time playing a sniper Zer0 through UVHM but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm lvl 63 right now and he's just far too squishy to play a sniper in anything but a really tedious and conservative way.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions for gear/skills/playstyle would be much appreciated. I just want to enjoy myself but maybe he's just not viable to play the way I want to in UVHM.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr Scumbag posted:

This has probably been asked and answered a whole bunch but I REALLY want to have a fun time playing a sniper Zer0 through UVHM but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm lvl 63 right now and he's just far too squishy to play a sniper in anything but a really tedious and conservative way.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions for gear/skills/playstyle would be much appreciated. I just want to enjoy myself but maybe he's just not viable to play the way I want to in UVHM.

I took a sniper spec Zer0 through uvhm and to OP5 on the 360 version solo play. I'll post my build when I get home.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just gonna quote myself from way earlier in the thread about sniper Zer0. Sniper Zer0 is really fun but demands a slow, methodical approach to fights. You can eventually get good enough to no-scope dudes in the head at close to midrange but at that range you should swap off to something like a shotty or pistol.

Bumper Stickup posted:

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505351550150555105010550000000

My sniper spec Zero at level 72. Used a dahl e-tech sniper with a two round burst from level 50 to level 61 because it melted everything I cam across and pierced goliath helmets/savage masks/witchdoctor masks. Plus it slagged so if I needed a certain element I could swap to one of my other two snipers to finish the job. Off hand was an infinity pistol I got at level 55 from the leviathan treasure room. And then again at OP 1.

Bee shield because you'd be retarded not to use one on Zero. Magic Missile grenades. Sniper class mods that boosted Headshot and One shot One kill for that sweet sweet extra crit damage. Swapped over to a legendary sniper mod at level 68 when I found one.

Critical Ascension is bugged in that a lot of the time the fist stack never disappears. So I was running around with a flat 6% bonus to crit damage and the dahl snipers build it up fast.

Relic was a heart of the ancients mod for snipers I found at 62. Gave me 28.2% damage to snipers, 29.6% bonus to fight for you life time, and 136% health on second wind.

Really it wasn't hard at all. Hell now the only elemental snipers I have is my dahl slag sniper. The other sniper is a Hawk Eye. I can pretty routinely one shot low end bandits and 1-2 shot anything below a goliath because of critical ascension.

Edit: Want to point out that I played 100% solo with Zero.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Bumper Stickup posted:

Just gonna quote myself from way earlier in the thread about sniper Zer0. Sniper Zer0 is really fun but demands a slow, methodical approach to fights. You can eventually get good enough to no-scope dudes in the head at close to midrange but at that range you should swap off to something like a shotty or pistol.

Thanks for the tips, I'll put them to use and see how I go.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is this also the defacto presequel thread? my presequel launcher closes whenever i hit ‘play’, but never progresses past that or actually ever launches the game. i don’t get an error or anything, it just closes and then nothing. has anyone fixed this? it seems fairly common.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Is the Cheat Engine loot table fuckery thing in the second post for the latest version?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

How many people in the entire universe do you think have a legit, found fair and square Bekah? Nine?

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Rinkles posted:

How many people in the entire universe do you think have a legit, found fair and square Bekah? Nine?

I once found a Butcher legitimately in Hammerlock's DLC.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

SGR posted:

I once found a Butcher legitimately in Hammerlock's DLC.

I found a Butcher in a dirt pile (for real). But that's the thing—the Bekah and a few other pearls only drop from Tubbies.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rinkles posted:

Nobody with a Borderlands dedicated Youtube channel, that's for sure.

I remember for a long time Bahroo kept up the pretense of having spent time farming all his items and then at some point was just like "yeah I cheated all this poo poo and also here's URLs to my save files".

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What's the name of the community patch again? I tried googling but I think I mixed up some words so it didn't give me substantial results

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

What's the name of the community patch again? I tried googling but I think I mixed up some words so it didn't give me substantial results

https://mentalmars.com/game-news/borderlands-2-unofficial-community-patch/

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Does anyone have a TVHM starting savepack for the pre sequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh snap, does this do anything to drop rates at all or do I still need to use the hacky cheat engine thing?

• Locked thread