Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

Fauxtool posted:

what is the best way to kill a pwr loader? I jump and try to shoot down on its eye. I still get a lot reflected and there must be a better way

Jump onto a crate or something so he starts to laser eye you then shoot out one of his arms. If you shoot the joint that connects the shoulder to the torso it will crit and can blow the arm off. I usually find that a single sniper shot does the trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Fauxtool posted:

what is the best way to kill a pwr loader? I jump and try to shoot down on its eye. I still get a lot reflected and there must be a better way

I like to walk next to them so they swing at me and then unload. Alternatively kill it before he starts spinning.

I just spent 3 hours fighting Bloodwing. Holy gently caress was that a miserable fight. I'm trying to play through the game on 4 player difficulty and that was an rear end beating and a half. It didn't help that for the longest time skags wouldn't spawn meaning I couldn't get out of fight for your life. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for getting it down as I don't consider myself good at the game and I thought it was going to be impossible at first. Also got a purple SMG out of it that shoots fast enough to possibly be useful.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

So Im well into my 40's and have yet to see an orange. So that kinda sucks. I was also kinda sour that I've only gotten one e-tech gun, a shotgun that shot corrosive goo. This makes up for it.

It continues through whatever it hits, ricochets, and homes on multiple other targets flying through them too. One shot and it bounces around taking out all the shields and electrocuting everyone around. Pretty fuckin' handy gun.

Also now that I've gotten to thousand cuts in PT2, I only have one thing to say about TVH: gently caress Rabid Stalkers. gently caress them so loving hard.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 30, 2012

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spaceman Future! posted:

So Im well into my 40'a and have yet to see an orange. So that kinda sucks. I was also kinda sour that I've only gotten one e-tech gun, a shotgun that shot corrosive goo. This makes up for it.

It continues through whatever it hits, ricochets, and homes on multiple other targets flying through them too. One shot and it bounces around taking out all the shields and electrocuting everyone around. Pretty fuckin' handy gun.

Also now that I've gotten to thousand cuts in PT2, I only have one thing to say about TVH: gently caress Rabid Stalkers. gently caress them so loving hard.

gently caress you. I'm 44 and using 3700 damage sniper rifles. I can't imagine the insanity that would come with a sniper rifle like that.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Bashez posted:

gently caress you. I'm 44 and using 3700 damage sniper rifles. I can't imagine the insanity that would come with a sniper rifle like that.

Ive gotten some crazy guns lately, maybe the fact that I havent gotten any oranges is paying dividends in other ways. Like these 2:

Fires faster than any of my SMGs and is automatic, has a huge clip, practically no recoil and is dead accurate, plus that sweet sweet damage.

And if they get too close:

Owns

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
Well, I know what I'll be using as my launcher from now on.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Abyss posted:

Well, I know what I'll be using as my launcher from now on.

You'll find better. That's pretty crappy for Torgue at that level.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I'm sure now that I'm 50 I'll be finding better, but I've gotten pretty terrible luck in terms of weapons. This was an 80k upgrade over my other lvl 48 launcher, so I was ok with it.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Whoever it was that said they are waiting excitedly for Gibbed to get his save editor done so they can make crazy guns, I'm with you man. :hfive:

First thing I wanna do is to make two infinite-ammo shotgun-pistols and see just how disgusting the DPS gets with the gunzerker talent that increases fire rate the longer you hold down the trigger. Maybe see if those pistols benefit at all from Money Shot, since they unoficially have a one-shot mag...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ImperialGuard posted:

Whoever it was that said they are waiting excitedly for Gibbed to get his save editor done so they can make crazy guns, I'm with you man. :hfive:

First thing I wanna do is to make two infinite-ammo shotgun-pistols and see just how disgusting the DPS gets with the gunzerker talent that increases fire rate the longer you hold down the trigger. Maybe see if those pistols benefit at all from Money Shot, since they unoficially have a one-shot mag...

Sadly, weapon editing is much more limited than last time. The reason why there are so many really obvious classes of guns is because there's basically a part that says what parts are legal for the rest of the gun.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Spaceman Future! posted:

Ive gotten some crazy guns lately, maybe the fact that I havent gotten any oranges is paying dividends in other ways. Like these 2:

Fires faster than any of my SMGs and is automatic, has a huge clip, practically no recoil and is dead accurate, plus that sweet sweet damage.

And if they get too close:

Owns

Reinforces a little of what people said above - my level 8 shotgun looks identical to yours. Same relative stats too - damage is higher, everything else is the same.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So yeah, finally found my first orange gun in nearly a 100 horus of playing.
It was that Tediore shotgun that shoots at enemies on its own when you throw it. Too bad it was pretty lovely as an actual gun.
Fortunately the same chest contained a pretty drat sick purple Torgue minigun that utterly wrecks everything. :haw:

EDIT:

Cardboard Box posted:

I'm gonna echo what some people have said in regards to disappointment in loot. It feels like random drops are almost never any good and all the best weapons are fixed.
This is bullshit and people are whiny bitches. The grand majority of my best stuff has come from random badasses and chests and such, and I've talked with plenty of other people who have no such problema either.
It just seems some players have this "Must be at least purple or it's poo poo" mentality. Or then they're bad players who can't make decent guns work, or something. At any rate, the loot is just fine.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 30, 2012

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I'm gonna echo what some people have said in regards to disappointment in loot. It feels like random drops are almost never any good and all the best weapons are fixed. Kind of ruins the Diablo element this game tries to have when you aren't finding any cool weapons that are truly unique.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Fauxtool posted:

I aim at the bar thing above their eye with a sniper rifle. It's above their spinning arms, but still usually counts as a crit as though hitting the eye itself.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Nordick posted:

This is bullshit and people are whiny bitches. The grand majority of my best stuff has come from random badasses and chests and such, and I've talked with plenty of other people who have no such problema either.
It just seems some players have this "Must be at least purple or it's poo poo" mentality. Or then they're bad players who can't make decent guns work, or something. At any rate, the loot is just fine.

Wrong. Unless my friend and I were insanely unlucky, we went through the entire game getting like...5 purples total (excluding quest rewards and grenade mods). Of those 5 purples, exactly one of them was not poo poo. The others were outclassed by random blue quest rewards/slot machines. We never found a single piece of gear that made us go "Wow, sick upgrade". All our best poo poo came from quests/slot machines. Kinda sad really. We just stopped doing side quests near the end because the loot we got from exploring was terrible.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
The loot is random, so I don't know why you're suggesting that something's wrong with the game. You're just unlucky.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Nordick posted:

I don't even care if the weapons are purples or oranges or whatever, and I'm not a "bad player." I'm not that far in the game, I'll admit, but I've never found anything really good from exploring or from chests that wasn't confirmed in this thread as a fixed drop. Other than that the only half-decent weapons I've received have been from slots. I keep sticking with the same weapons for several levels because almost none of the hundreds of other guns I find are good enough.

Attention Horse posted:

The loot is random, so I don't know why you're suggesting that something's wrong with the game. You're just unlucky.

It's been confirmed in this thread multiple times when someone comes to show this SICK NEW WEAPON they just found that a lot of them are fixed. Sure, there might be some slight variations based on level, but that's it.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Few things are better than getting a gold old fashioned puke loop set up

edit: properly managed I've seen them keep at this for minutes at a time.

Mr. Sharps fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 30, 2012

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I think the latest patch borked the chance of getting eridium in the Crimson Raider HQ and Scooter's garage. Before 1.0.3 I was getting at least 1 and as many as 6 eridium whenever I'd load the game up and go on my usual Scooter/HQ eridium run. Now I'm lucky to see 1 bar in 3 loads.

Also, I need to update my guns, Lynchwood just cost me over 40k in respawns and I'm level 26.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cardboard Box posted:

I'm not that far in the game, I'll admit

How far into the game are you, out of curiosity? I remember picking up a solid torgue shotgun around level 15 that lasted for like ten levels in terms of effectiveness before I replaced it with something I felt was better.

Just because you're not swimming in purples or even blues doesn't mean poo poo. You could beat the game with strong white guns if you're a little smarter about how you play. You're not really going to find a new amazing gun every single level. This was never the case in the original Blands, and it certainly isn't the case now.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
New golden key code up: CBC3B-KKSFS-XTTTB-B3J33-RCW6R

Should be good for another hour or so.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

fivegears4reverse posted:

How far into the game are you, out of curiosity? I remember picking up a solid torgue shotgun around level 15 that lasted for like ten levels in terms of effectiveness before I replaced it with something I felt was better.

Just because you're not swimming in purples or even blues doesn't mean poo poo. You could beat the game with strong white guns if you're a little smarter about how you play. You're not really going to find a new amazing gun every single level. This was never the case in the original Blands, and it certainly isn't the case now.

I'm closing in on level 20, and yeah like I said I don't care about what color it is, it just feels like I'm getting stuff that is weak to the point of uselessness 95% of the time. Maybe it'll pick up, but right now I'm not feeling much of a reason to explore or any excitement in opening chests when I know it'll just be vendor trash.

I really am enjoying the game otherwise, it just hasn't been scratching my loot itch. I guess that's what Torchlight 2 is for.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Man what guns are you using that are making everything crap? You could be just overleveled for the zone since gun level is heavily tied to the general enemy level.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Ignimbrite posted:

New golden key code up: CBC3B-KKSFS-XTTTB-B3J33-RCW6R

Should be good for another hour or so.

loving hell.. It's over, just missed it. I just HAD to make coffee and talk to my wife before turning on the computer. :rolleyes:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Some thoughts as I finished my first play-through as Salvador and heading into TVHM. Obviously there are spoilers.

The Warrior was a much better boss than the tentacle thing from the first game, though a bit cliche, since the best they could come up with was a lava dragon? I punched Handsome Jack in his smug face to finish him off, as I really hated the guy and felt that death by bullet would be too good for him. Also, more Vaults on other planets? I smell an MMO sequel hook.

Torgue Rocket launcher in right hand plus Torgue shotgun in the left while Gunzerking = Insanely powerful explosive shotgun. Must be a glitch, I shouldn't be able to instagib mobs and drop bosses in 10 seconds, but it is awesome and will be a sad panda if they patch that out. I wonder if the glitch also applies to Tedorie reloads.

I found an E-Tech Vladof Sniper in one of the Dook Huts on TVHM. It's a rapid fire railgun that sets people on fire. :fap:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ah, dang. Just checked on the thread in time for an expired code. Ah well, such is life.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Someone finally evolved a Varkid to its ultimate form.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Holy poo poo that things huge. Also, I haven't gotten into TVH mode yet, waiting on other people, but is it common to find enemies with levels higher than the player cap?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Attention Horse posted:

What sniper rifle is that?

Tiki Powers
Jul 19, 2005
If your friendship can survive this, your not playing dirty enough
Is there a trick to playing melee zero in PT2. I seem to end up using my guns much more then melee and cant kill much in deception even when waiting.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Ha! I don't know how I missed it during PT1, but Nomads will shout "Kill the ninja thing!" when you're playing Zer0. Everyone else has probably heard it a billion times, but that was my first.. I love this game!

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Attention Horse posted:

Whoa, that's crazy looking. And here I thought I'd seen everything in the game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Attention Horse posted:

Goddamn that's huge. I've heard that it has more HP than Terramorphous.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Is there a tactic to defeating the mutated varkids in PT2 or do I just need better guns/shields to stop being rolled so hard?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Gun wish list time!

Shotguns that shoot those exploding needles the special pistols do.

Torgue sniper rifles.

Hyperion support machine guns.

Beam anything.

The railroad rifle from fallout 3.

What else am I missing?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Can you get flamethrowers like the Nomad Pyros have?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Harrower posted:

What else am I missing?

Miniguns.

Not the vladof triple barrel assault rifle girly man type... the Jesse Ventura Predator 1 / Terminator 2 rooftop cop car shootout type.

Also, bouncing grenade launchers.

And light rocket launchers. They're somewhere between the exploding round assault rifle and the regular rocket launchers. Kind of like the rocket launcher from the Quake games.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 30, 2012

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

bladesamurai posted:

Is there a tactic to defeating the mutated varkids in PT2 or do I just need better guns/shields to stop being rolled so hard?

They will poo poo on you no matter what. Still missing that final form of varkids, multiple ultimates and they just stop evolving or wander off inside a mountain and disappear, every single time.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

Aenslaed posted:

It depends on your spec, but I found that thoughtlock helps greatly with survivability.

Occupation posted:

This is basically it. a Thoughtlocked spec'd siren for Solo play, especially if you go down her middle tree and max out the skill that heals her every time someone who's phaselocked dies and pick up the skill that increases fire rate and damage during phaselock basically means everyone dies and you heal forever. Especially with the jumping thoughtlock meaning that you can just make your way through a whole crowd while they just stand around shooting at each other and healing you.

Really the only real problems nowadays are Super Badass Psychos. Those guys, however- those guys are loving cunts.

I've been thinking about this for a few days because my friend and I are almost done with our co-op playthrough, and I was wondering if either of you (or someone else), could help me out with a Thoughtlock build for True Vault Hunter Mode.

This is the Thoughtlock build I was thinking about for co-op. Again, I'm hesistant to invest in Kill Skills because they seem less reliable (he's a Gunzerker, so stuff just dies really fast for him).

This is the Thoughtlock build I came up with for single-player. I hear shields are pretty much ripped through, so I moved away from shield boosting talents.

Again, I'd really appreciate some input on both or either of these. I love my Siren, and I really can't imagine playing anything else at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Nordick posted:

Hello condescending jackass. I knew it was only a matter of time until some dumb poo poo came in here telling us that we should be happy with what the game gives us.

• Locked thread