Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone have a save I could use to try that Healplz glitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Someone mentioned awhile back that you can label items as trash? How do you do this? I don't see it listed in the keybindings at all.

LobsterTick
Jul 11, 2011

"We did something this year that was not based on animosity."

BBW FEVER posted:

Someone mentioned awhile back that you can label items as trash? How do you do this? I don't see it listed in the keybindings at all.

When you mouse over an item, you'll see a star and a cross. Star marks this item as favourite and cross as trash.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

BBW FEVER posted:

On the right side of the item in your inventory, you can mouse over and make a little star or X appear. X is trash, Star is... favorites? I don't know. I mark them so I don't accidentally sell them. If you have things marked with the X, right click while selling and select Sell Trash for them to all go away.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Cool thanks.

Huge Lady Pleaser fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 30, 2012

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

GreatGreen posted:

Also, bouncing grenade launchers.

And light rocket launchers. They're somewhere between the exploding round assault rifle and the regular rocket launchers. Kind of like the rocket launcher from the Quake games.

Don't the assault rifles that fire actual grenades or rockets (rather than just bullets that explode) kinda have these covered?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
http://thatlingon.blogspot.com/

If you havin' gun problems, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a gun ain't one.

0. Download the newest version (Sept. 29th release, third update.)
1. Fire up Borderlands.
2. Alt tab out.
3. Run this trainer.
4. Go back in, press home and then insert and wait for confirmation sound.
5. Optional - alt tab out and end the process; I like to do this because I don't want to hit a button and turn on anything other than infinite keys.
6. Hit the golden key weapon chest as many times as you want.
7. Shoot bad guys with better guns.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

TheSpiritFox posted:

Hello condescending jackass. I knew it was only a matter of time until some dumb poo poo came in here telling us that we should be happy with what the game gives us.

He's right though. His tone was douchey, but he's still right. No one is saying you should be "happy" with your poo poo loot, but the system is random; you're unlucky. For clarity: lvl 24 gotten 3 oranges and at least 5 purples. Some people will just roll poo poo every time OR they're getting good stuff but have the "purple or bust" mentality.

I'm sorry you haven't gotten anything good yet.

I will say I wish there were more crazy gun parts. I am assuming the parts carry stats with them, and I almost wish it was just cosmetic. Would open up more possibilities without being potentially breaking.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Crystalisks are the most badass, mean looking monsters that are the easiest to kill. You can literally circle around them, melee their legs one by one and kill them with three whacks. Not only that, but they can't hit you if you're close enough to them. Varkids and spiderants are harder to kill than the giant, hulking crystal beasts.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I've had a few friends do the same thing as someone here did a few pages back, and overwrite their local save with the cloud save. Unless you're playing it on more than one computer, I don't see a way how the cloud save could be more current than the local save. If the uploading of save data failed somewhere, then the local copy is going to be more current.

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:
I think the problem is not that just one or two people are unlucky, but a very large group of players are unlucky. Personally I hit many spots where nothing but slow-reloading small clip ARs dropped, or white pistols, and was stuck heading into areas like the BNK-3R right with corrosive weapons from 8 levels before, and only a single good pistol otherwise. I beat the game once as Zer0 and started over on a Siren, and I just now got my first orange drop (a grenade) from killing Mortar, just before the BNK-3R mission.

The problem seems to be that their drop rates are biased a little too low. I'm doing about 2 side missions between every story mission so my experience might be different if I were going for completionist, but it does feel like good weapons are too sparse.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I think the traditional loot idea is that low levels - white, mid levels - blues and greens, max levels - phat purps and oranges.

But it doesn't work like that in Borderlands 2. Every level has every tier of loot, and all of it is technically viable at its equivalent level. You don't absolutely need purple and above loot to get through the game, it just helps make things a bit easier, or they help provide one or two unique boosts to give you something to sculpt your characters around. They're not intended to be absolutely necessary to complete the game.

In some games, yes purples are required and thus more reliably doled out. In Borderlands 2, apparently that's not the case.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Air Julio posted:

He's right though. His tone was douchey, but he's still right. No one is saying you should be "happy" with your poo poo loot, but the system is random; you're unlucky. For clarity: lvl 24 gotten 3 oranges and at least 5 purples. Some people will just roll poo poo every time OR they're getting good stuff but have the "purple or bust" mentality.
Yeah, this. I apologise for being a jerk about it, but my point still stands; If you're not finding anything good, you're either just having the dice gently caress you over because random loot is random, or being overtly picky.
I find good and/or interesting guns all the time, and often have to agonise over which of the twelve cool pieces I'm going to sell to make room in my backpack. Maybe I'm just easy to please. :v:

EDIT: ^^GreatGreen also makes a very very good point. The difference in power between different rarity items in BL2 is a lot smaller than, say, Diablo 3. Sure, a purple will much more likely be really powerful, but on the other hand I just found a green level 50 sniper that was an upgrade over my purple level 50 sniper.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 30, 2012

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know who exactly was going around saying "Purples are absolutely required to beat the game because they are the best and oranges are too rare!!!" but that sure sounds like what you're trying to prevent people from saying, even though nobody is saying it. I've never found a single item in a store that was better than what I already had (and that's still not changed from the first game) but does it mean the stores will always have lovely stuff in them? No, but it does mean that my stuff is all better, even if it's not all purple.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Nordick posted:

I find good and/or interesting guns all the time, and often have to agonise over which of the twelve cool pieces I'm going to sell to make room in my backpack. Maybe I'm just easy to please. :v:

Also, it really helps to leave your preconceptions about what each class should use at the door. Shotguns and sniper rifles work great for Axton, pistols and SMGs for Salvadore, etc.

Every class can reliably use every weapon type. Never scrap a weapon just because it doesn't fit with your idea about what your character should be/use.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
The most reliable rocket launcher I had in BL1 on Brick was only blue in rarity. I would find similar purples and even oranges that might have had similar stats, but compromised one of the stats or had a drawback/gimmick which made ol' blue seem the more sensible option.

so don't get upset if you are not finding any purples or oranges, blues can be just as good sometimes. whites and greens though you are safe to NPC on pickup :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So where's a good place to farm Badasses (Or others?) for heads? I've found a grand total of 1 so far and it was from a lucky drop off some BA Marauder in the Shelf.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Hey PC Master Race guys. Internet scuttlebutt proposes that the Vault Hunter Relic is nonfunctional and the game never checks that +5% rare drop value at all. Is this actually true?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Hey PC Master Race guys. Internet scuttlebutt proposes that the Vault Hunter Relic is nonfunctional and the game never checks that +5% rare drop value at all. Is this actually true?

I don't know if it is true, but it sure feels that way.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
+5% is so insignificant how can you even tell it's working.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

CJacobs posted:

I don't know who exactly was going around saying "Purples are absolutely required to beat the game because they are the best and oranges are too rare!!!" but that sure sounds like what you're trying to prevent people from saying, even though nobody is saying it. I've never found a single item in a store that was better than what I already had (and that's still not changed from the first game) but does it mean the stores will always have lovely stuff in them? No, but it does mean that my stuff is all better, even if it's not all purple.

People give the impression that they NEED those purples/oranges when they go on about how those guns aren't coming up. You can get by the game fine with greens from the slots. When people go on about how they're getting no purples/oranges they sound needy. Like they're doing too little damage to progress through side/storyline quests. Its an RNG hell lootgame at the end of the day.

Buuuut onto guns, found this earlier

I don't like hyperion guns aside from shotties :negative:.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

NextTime000 posted:

so don't get upset if you are not finding any purples or oranges, blues can be just as good sometimes. whites and greens though you are safe to NPC on pickup :v:

There are a ton of good green drops, the devil is in the details though. An optimal green with high rolls on accuracy, elemental chance, and dot on elemental can kick a ton of blues specs asses depending on how it was rolled.

I hope they do add a bit more variety in DLCs though. The whole brand loyalty thing they have going on with the new gun designs is really nice in that you have an immediate idea of roughly what a gun will do from just seeing it on the ground before you mouse over it. At the same time that means that there is much more limitation, 5 out of 10 Maliwan SMGs can be useful but Hyperion SMGs are universally useless. Even if you get one with a high ROF and DMG it will be outclassed by the lower ROF Maliwan SMG once you figure in elemental damage. Also, there are certain things that enemies have in the game that your guns cant do, constructors have heat seeking missiles, that seems like something Vladof would do. There are homing grenades but I have yet to see a gun with homing bullets, that showed up in BL1 (this kinda exists in the ricochets on some E-guns but Im talking like a pistol or smg that you can shoot around objects). Flamethrowers too (though to be fair I wouldn't be surprised if this already exists as a super rare E-tech, considering I had an E-Tech shottie that threw out globs of toxic goo).

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 30, 2012

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Jusupov posted:

+5% is so insignificant how can you even tell it's working.

This. Going from, say, a 1% chance for an orange to drop to a 1.05% chance isn't something that's really testable.

Spaceman Future! posted:

There are a ton of good green drops, the devil is in the details though. An optimal green with high rolls on accuracy, elemental chance, and dot on elemental can kick a ton of blues specs asses depending on how it was rolled.

This, too. Green guns can and will be amazing. I've had greens be better than purples (and oranges, because oranges are generally more weird than numerically powerful with a few exceptions).

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I'm am just coming from the perspective of BL1, where I found quite a few oranges in chests and from drops. I understand they wanted to make them more rare, but I don't really have that in my mindset just yet. I still sort of expect them to appear every now and again, especially from boss fights.
I just need to remind myself that BL2 oranges are more like BL1 pearlescent guns.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I still want that explosive murdercannon of a sniper rifle you see Mordecai using at one point. Good god that thing is brutal...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

T1g4h posted:

I still want that explosive murdercannon of a sniper rifle you see Mordecai using at one point. Good god that thing is brutal...

The red text on his rifle that makes it fire explosions only activates when your BFF dies. :smith:

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

BrightGreenLine posted:

I think the problem is not that just one or two people are unlucky, but a very large group of players are unlucky. Personally I hit many spots where nothing but slow-reloading small clip ARs dropped, or white pistols, and was stuck heading into areas like the BNK-3R right with corrosive weapons from 8 levels before, and only a single good pistol otherwise. I beat the game once as Zer0 and started over on a Siren, and I just now got my first orange drop (a grenade) from killing Mortar, just before the BNK-3R mission.

The problem seems to be that their drop rates are biased a little too low. I'm doing about 2 side missions between every story mission so my experience might be different if I were going for completionist, but it does feel like good weapons are too sparse.

Yeah but if everyone was getting lucky, it wouldn't be very lucky.

Entreri
Nov 8, 2005

vandalism posted:

http://thatlingon.blogspot.com/

If you havin' gun problems, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a gun ain't one.

0. Download the newest version (Sept. 29th release, third update.)
1. Fire up Borderlands.
2. Alt tab out.
3. Run this trainer.
4. Go back in, press home and then insert and wait for confirmation sound.
5. Optional - alt tab out and end the process; I like to do this because I don't want to hit a button and turn on anything other than infinite keys.
6. Hit the golden key weapon chest as many times as you want.
7. Shoot bad guys with better guns.

Everytime I try to download this, my Microsoft Security Essentials instantly deletes it. Virus or false positive?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Entreri posted:

Everytime I try to download this, my Microsoft Security Essentials instantly deletes it. Virus or false positive?

False positive. I've been using it without issue since the first version of it.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Entreri posted:

The easier & non-sketchy way (assuming you have at least 1 key): set your profile.bin to read only, launch game, open chest, quit back to desktop, repeat forever. Just remember to tick off read only when your done.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I am disappointed that in 40 hours of mostly 4 player co-op so far, I have yet to see a single orange. That being said, I still have kickass gear -- my loadout is usually filled with all blues and purples (although, admittedly, it's currently all golden chest poo poo and quest rewards/unique guns like Moxxi's).

RE: weapon variety -- I hadn't really thought about this until anyone brought it up in the thread, and I guess I really don't have any complaints here. One thing to be said on the devs behalf, though, is whatever you think about weapon variety, they've made me actually give a poo poo about shields and grenade mods. There are so many awesome grenade mods that I'm excited to try all of these new crazy combinations; when in BL1 would have found a mod like "Longbow Singularity Corrosive Transfusion" or some crazy poo poo? And that's a normal kind of drop!

Plus, shields were so loving boring in the first game. My reasoning on shields was essentially: does this have health regen? Is it bigger than my current shield? If the answer to both is yes, equip. I was disappointed not to see health regen shields in this game until I saw all of the crazy-rear end variety that's there now. Even if I found a regen shield, I probably wouldn't use it unless it did something other awesome thing too.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I just saw a Psycho Midget riding on the shoulders of a Midget Goliath. So adorable!

Man, I love the whole "level up creeps for more XP and loot" thing, it's a nice break from shooting everything. Just watch this freaky-rear end monster of a man with a prehensile head murder everything around him, and then kill his rear end for what's basically a guaranteed blue and higher.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 30, 2012

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

XarsonX posted:

I'm am just coming from the perspective of BL1, where I found quite a few oranges in chests and from drops. I understand they wanted to make them more rare, but I don't really have that in my mindset just yet. I still sort of expect them to appear every now and again, especially from boss fights.

The way I see it, it's like buying a racing game with an awesome Bugatti on the box art. You want to race the car on the box. 50 hours into the game, you're still racing a Honda Civic.

That's how I feel with my BL2 loot. I don't think it's a big deal, though; all the really cool stuff is going to be in the DLCs for sure.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

On my main guy who isn't even level 30 yet, I've gotten two oranges. I don't know how many purples I've gotten, but it's enough to finish that entire badass challenge so probably a lot. And that's playing probably 75% single player and not doing any boring-rear end grinding (okay aside from playing some slots).

I just don't know what to think about you guys who are acting like purples are crazy rare and oranges are unheard of. Do y'all not feel like you find a lot of chests or hunt down a lot of special enemies, or something?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Zurai posted:

This. Going from, say, a 1% chance for an orange to drop to a 1.05% chance isn't something that's really testable.

It would go from 1% to 6%. Gearbox math doesn't work like real math.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

XarsonX posted:

I just need to remind myself that BL2 oranges are more like BL1 pearlescent guns.

I poured hundreds of hours into 1 and never saw many purples or oranges on my characters until PT2.5, especially in the Knoxx farming areas, so the gear drops feel pretty consistent across games for me. Having more repeatable bosses with better loot tables is definitely a more interesting way to handle rare items than a giant room with 100 chests.

I'm more annoyed at how each manufacturer seems very tied to their specific gimmick (Torgue always shoots gyrojets, Dahl is always burst fire, etc).

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Honestly just cheat your keys and open up the chest a few times when you feel your weapons are poo poo. The chest is pretty much guaranteed to have good stuff in it most of the time

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Hey, finally ran into Michael in PT2!

Thanks, buddy. :hfive:

That gun is loving amazing for me. I have never really carried an assault rifle that was worth a drat, so a grenade launcher works wonders.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
This game actually probably one of the better games I've played in years, just completed my first runthrough. It's everything that Diablo III should have been. The difficulty ramps up pretty hard but not enough to be frustrating, it has great writing, it's humorous, surprisingly dark and impactful at times, colorful, and a blast to play with friends.

After I killed the warrior I let Jack ramble on about how he was supposed to win while casually walking around picking up look, then came back just as he said I AM THE HERO and punched him in the face.

I know you guys did EXACTLY the same

Also, did any of you guys complete the Lost Treasure quest that takes you to Caustic Caverns? I got a gun from there that was an e-tech Dahl pistol that... didn't appear to shoot anything, but did massive ammounts of corrosion damage and could literally never miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Also the only oranges I've seen are a shield that shoots corrosive homing spikes, and the bee shield(which is ridiculous)

• Locked thread