Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

gibbed posted:

So I just investigated the Vault Hunter Relic data.

It modifies two attributes:

GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_RareWeightModifier: +0.05
GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_CommonWeightModifier: -0.06

Let's set them to +100.00 and -100.00! :allears:

Net result: I have not seen a single white weapon drop, greens drop, seen a few blues. Nothing else.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that it shifts a 5% of your chance for whites into non-whites. Doesn't touch anything else. Very low impact, perhaps bordering on useless.

Looking forward to seeing if we can hack that thing to increase the weights of every other kind of gun while reducing whites to zero. I'm going to laugh my rear end off if we can mod it so that white guns essentially disappear and everything else moves down a tier.

Legendaries for leveling goliaths? Yes please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Witchfinder General posted:

So I finally got into shift and input the code, but it says it was already redeemed. I thought it was up for two hours?

I got that message a few times then the key redemption ticket showed up in my box a little bit later. I think I tried entering the PS3 key for shits and giggles too but it was flat out rejected.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

UnknownMercenary posted:

Try checking in-game. I got the same message but the key showed up for me anyway when I loaded up my character.

o muerte posted:

I got that message a few times then the key redemption ticket showed up in my box a little bit later. I think I tried entering the PS3 key for shits and giggles too but it was flat out rejected.
Will do, thanks.

edit:

Guess this is karma for making fun of my friend who got two nearly identical grenade mods in the chest, yesterday. Oh well.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 30, 2012

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Gangringo posted:

Did they patch out the ability to give youself the pre-order bonuses by editing an INI file? I'd like to take some friends through the creature slaughter dome.

Gamecopyworld has some good trainers that work with the current version, the top two both have infinite keys options. I really like the fling one, it modifies your keys while the lingon one seems to make the chest cost no keys to open. If you use the fling one and then copy your profile.bin somewhere else you can create a backup profile with 99 keys in case they patch this game past the point when people feel like updating their trainers for free.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

TheSpiritFox posted:

Looking forward to seeing if we can hack that thing to increase the weights of every other kind of gun while reducing whites to zero. I'm going to laugh my rear end off if we can mod it so that white guns essentially disappear and everything else moves down a tier.

Legendaries for leveling goliaths? Yes please!
You won't be able to do it through save editing, what I edited was actual game data (stored in UPK) in memory.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

gibbed posted:

You won't be able to do it through save editing, what I edited was actual game data (stored in UPK) in memory.

How do you do stuff like this? Have a link to a resource where I can learn some of how you rip games apart as thoroughly as you do?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

For all of the agonizing about golden keys, after playing with an unlimited amount for a while I've gone back to not using them. They suck all of the fun out of finding new guns in the wild and make the game a total pushover. Also uh a lot of what I got out of it were really similar guns. Once you've seen one smg plasma caster you've seen them all.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
My method: If I finish a batch of quests and only find junk I'll open the chest once or twice. Like, after doing the first quests up to sanctuary I only had some crappy smg and a lovely shotgun, so I pulled the chest open to get a ballin shotgun that throws around fireballs.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Even thought I've gotten some good ones, using a gold key and seeing two grenades is pretty disappointing.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Samopsa posted:

My method: If I finish a batch of quests and only find junk I'll open the chest once or twice. Like, after doing the first quests up to sanctuary I only had some crappy smg and a lovely shotgun, so I pulled the chest open to get a ballin shotgun that throws around fireballs.

Yeah, this. I open it a few times when I finish an area. Not everything that comes out of it is something you want to use, but it's like a few extra guaranteed good drops.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Upcoming content spoilers!

DLC! <- type
[DLCMissionNames]
Orchid=Pirate's Booty
Iris=Campaign of Carnage

Holiday events! <- type
[MOTD]
HolidayMessageOfTheDay[1]=(Header="Hallowed Hollow",Body="The Pumpkin Kingpin lives! Get to Hallowed Hollow and show him what for!",DisplayTime=15)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

gibbed posted:

Net result: I have not seen a single white weapon drop, greens drop, seen a few blues. Nothing else.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that it shifts a 5% of your chance for whites into non-whites. Doesn't touch anything else. Very low impact, perhaps bordering on useless.

Are there any modifiers for blues/purples/oranges?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

gibbed posted:

I would be really interested on seeing what would happen if you just changed the commonweightmodifier to -100% and left the other one alone.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
Playing co-op with GF, she has an issue where her menus seem to get escaped out every 5-10 seconds. It's as if she has a macro running that hits ESC periodically, but not really (it doesn't open the ESC menu or anything). So for example if she opens up the keybinding menu, it'll auto close to the keyboard etc. options, then a few seconds later it'll auto close to the main menu, and then it'll auto close out to the game. If she opens her inventory, after a few seconds it auto closes out to the game.

Any ideas? We've unplugged all her peripherals except kb/mouse in case some random USB thing was loving her up. Doesn't happen in other games. What should I try next?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
I found the gold keys amazing for the early part of the first playthrough when drops really were disappointing and I found myself behind 5-10 levels on weapons. Past that I ended up using the chest once more when I found myself on an unlucky streak with very underleveled weapons again, but overall my loot and quest rewards have better and more exciting than anything the gold chest was giving me.

I also found out early on that Moxxi will repeatedly give you her "good touch" fire SMG based on your main story level at the time through tipping and I've never used another SMG since. I just wish she could give a max-level corrosive version, too.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 30, 2012

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Who the gently caress is Johnny Waffles? I've been through the whole game and he just stands there..

Also, nearly halfway through my PT2 and I just got my FIRST ORANGE! It's that bunny rocket launcher. Got it from a "chubby" spiderant or whatever they are. I almost drove right past him until I saw him take down a loving Bandit Technical while being attacked by a Buzzard.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

gibbed posted:

Upcoming content spoilers!

DLC! <- type
[DLCMissionNames]
Orchid=Pirate's Booty
Iris=Campaign of Carnage

Holiday events! <- type
[MOTD]
HolidayMessageOfTheDay[1]=(Header="Hallowed Hollow",Body="The Pumpkin Kingpin lives! Get to Hallowed Hollow and show him what for!",DisplayTime=15)

Orchid/Pirate's Booty size language and everything else was listed on steam before the game released.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Lemon King posted:

Orchid/Pirate's Booty size language and everything else was listed on steam before the game released.
Yeah, I don't remember the actual names being mentioned besides the code names.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

gibbed posted:

Yeah, I don't remember the actual names being mentioned besides the code names.

Yeah the code names just relate to the DLC Icon colors, and the names themselves are very new. :D

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TShields posted:

Who the gently caress is Johnny Waffles? I've been through the whole game and he just stands there..

A guy at PAX won a gearbox easter egg hunt and got to pick a name to go into either BL2 or Marines.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ijyt posted:

A guy at PAX won a gearbox easter egg hunt and got to pick a name to go into either BL2 or Marines.

I would've liked to see Johnny Waffles in Marines.

Gravcrash
Jul 28, 2010
I just got a purple slag SMG from T.K. Baha's Daughter. I was going wtf when it started talking. I can't really tell what it's saying but it's hilarious anyway.

It's terribly inaccurate at mid-range but it's really powerful for close in work when things get hairy. This game just keeps on getting better.

I still have a poo poo shield at level 32 as Roland so I'm just doing side quest before the final boss, otherwise I'll just get my rear end kicked.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Gravcrash posted:

I just got a purple slag SMG from T.K. Baha's Daughter. I was going wtf when it started talking. I can't really tell what it's saying but it's hilarious anyway.

It's terribly inaccurate at mid-range but it's really powerful for close in work when things get hairy. This game just keeps on getting better.

I still have a poo poo shield at level 32 as Roland so I'm just doing side quest before the final boss, otherwise I'll just get my rear end kicked.

The talking guns are fun. The one for (early side-quest) Out Of Body Experience is great. But when you and 2 other friends get the bug that causes all your guns to talk? Welp.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
What the hell? My zerker doesn't have his third and fourth weapon slot now.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Can anyone confirm that (end boss spoiler) the Warrior drops the Conference Call shotgun? I've been trying to find one and both of my gold drops so far have been Volcano sniper rifles.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

PageMaster posted:

Can anyone confirm that (end boss spoiler) the Warrior drops the Conference Call shotgun? I've been trying to find one and both of my gold drops so far have been Volcano sniper rifles.

Yeah, I got one from him. I think it was actually Jack who dropped it, though, but same difference really. V:v:V

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

PageMaster posted:

He does indeed, but get ready to cry when that sucker flies off into the out of bounds lava.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've been having an issue maybe someone can help me with. Two night ago I beat the first playthrough with my group. Got some neat stuff, called it a night. Last night, for some reason it didn't register for me or something, most of my progress from the previous night was erased. We redid it and started the second playthrough. Today I checked and I was back to where I was 2 night ago. I caught up again and everything seems to be working but I've beaten the last couple of missions 3 times in as many days now. I hope it doesn't revert again, but I don't know how or why it's doing it. Help!

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Were you hosting? Is your cloud storage turned off for BL2? Only reason to revert is if you've set it to use cloud storage, or you skipped a story mission with your character to get in the coop game, so it's going back to that point when you host or continue..

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Are you getting a message when you first start the game about the stuff on your computer not matching steam cloud? If you do, and you only play on one computer, always choose to use the data on your computer.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

tooooooo bad posted:

For all of the agonizing about golden keys, after playing with an unlimited amount for a while I've gone back to not using them. They suck all of the fun out of finding new guns in the wild and make the game a total pushover. Also uh a lot of what I got out of it were really similar guns. Once you've seen one smg plasma caster you've seen them all.

Is there a new key exploit I don't know about? I would love to have some keys.

Also, any news on the willowtree editor? I loved messing around creating guns and mods in borderlands 1.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Do any of the save editors let you change the # of unlocked weapon slots you have? I just ran into a bug @ level 35 where my 3rd and 4th slots are locked again and I don't think they're coming back. Anyone have a solution?

bsamu fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 1, 2012

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Smegmalicious posted:

Also, any news on the willowtree editor? I loved messing around creating guns and mods in borderlands 1.

Set profile.bin to read only if you have more than one key atm, but people around here are using memory editors to alter the count or remove the cost.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Smegmalicious posted:

Despite my initial reservations about using a third-party trainer, I have had no problems with the CheatEngine program from a few pages back. It simplifies the process immensely.

If you don't want to go that route, you can do one of two things with your profile.bin file:
1. Copy it to desktop. Load game. Use keys. Exit game. Overwrite the updated profile.bin with the older copy on the desktop. Repeat as desired.
2. Set permissions on profile.bin to read-only. Load game. Use keys. Exit game. Repeat as desired. Unflag read-only permissions after you're done.

Aside from these options there are a couple of other trainers available, but I have not personally used these and cannot vouch for their effectiveness.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

bladesamurai posted:

Do any of the save editors let you change the # of unlocked weapon slots you have? I just ran into a bug @ level 35 where my 3rd and 4th slots are locked again and I don't think they're coming back. Anyone have a solution?

Try respeccing. I just had the same issue.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So, what class is everyone playing as in the high levels? I just beat the game with Axton and I tired to start new ones with the Maya and Salvador but I don't know how to deal with not having my trusty rocket pod turret. But now I am afraid in the high levels it won't be as useful cause it will get one-shotted or something immediately.

Also so I am clear on this when people say PT2 or TVHM they are talking about the same thing, right?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Broose posted:

So, what class is everyone playing as in the high levels? I just beat the game with Axton and I tired to start new ones with the Maya and Salvador but I don't know how to deal with not having my trusty rocket pod turret. But now I am afraid in the high levels it won't be as useful cause it will get one-shotted or something immediately.

Also so I am clear on this when people say PT2 or TVHM they are talking about the same thing, right?

I'm about to hit 50 as Axton in TVH mode and the turret is as useful as it has ever been. Because its kills count as your own--even in FFYL mode--it has actually saved my life a bunch of times. I assume that PT2 and TVH mode are the same thing.

Fun fact (Mid-game spoilers): When you finish your mission at the Animal Preservation and Mordecai starts to throw his sniping tantrum, about six badass loaders airdrop into the area and begin attacking you. Ordinarily, Mordecai one-shots each of them as you flee to safety. What I discovered, however, was that if you so much as scratch these badass loaders with a weapon, the game will think you participated in the fight and they will drop loot. Badass loaders generally have some good loot to drop (greens, sometimes blues, lots of cash) and bagging six of them for six pistol rounds is too awesome to pass up.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Anyone on the first playthrough have the 'Get to Know Jack' mission? Mine bugged out and I can't get journal #5. If you could join Bordergoons chat and let me join in on your game to complete it, it would be appreciated

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Danith posted:

Anyone on the first playthrough have the 'Get to Know Jack' mission? Mine bugged out and I can't get journal #5. If you could join Bordergoons chat and let me join in on your game to complete it, it would be appreciated

It's a building at the bottom of the windmill. Hit the button and rakks come out. Shoot them and ome drops an echo device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Danith posted:

I can't help you there, but failing waah's advice, you should be able to save, exit, and load your save again. That might correct the issue, or give you a second chance to shoot the raak down in a more accessible area.

• Locked thread