Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Tin Tim posted:

Counterpoint: Casual SWORDSPLOSION!!!

Never looked back since I got it back when the DLC came out

I hope there's something equally ridiculous and overpowered like it in the Pre-Sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't there a shield with such a ridiculous Roid Damage bonus that it allows you to 1-2 hit kill every enemy in the game with melee? Or was that a bug?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RatHat posted:

Isn't there a shield with such a ridiculous Roid Damage bonus that it allows you to 1-2 hit kill every enemy in the game with melee? Or was that a bug?

I think it was designed to synergize with KRIEG!'s melee tree, it had some ridiculously low capacity, huge recharge delay, and gigundo roid bonus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I meant in Pre-sequel.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Re: Pre-Sequel, it's a legendary called The Shooting Star, and yes, it's god drat bananas. At level 50 it used to do over 100k roid damage when depleted (and was probably bugged), allowing you to one-shot everything including the individual stages of the raid boss as a melee-specced Athena. Even crazier, when you hit something and do roid damage with it equipped it sends out a star-shaped nova of explosive damage that scales with your base melee damage. About a week-ish ago it got drastically nerfed to about 15k but it's still kinda nuts.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 22, 2014

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Is there a character in the pre-sequel that's Krieg like? Krieg is the most fun I've ever had in a FPS I think, and I don't want to go back. gently caress pew pew, I wanna smash!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Athena and Nisha both have some melee capabilities but are nowhere near the berserk insanity that Krieg is.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BL2 Game of the Year edition (which comes with 90% of all the dlc) is currently $13 on Steam, headhunter packs and other stuff is also 50% off. Good time to buy if you're one of the 2 people left who don't already own it!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What rarity do uniques count as for determining drop rates? Specifically the Blockhead.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Just blue-tier--there's no special modifier just because it's unique--so you'll only spend three hours finding one that isn't poo poo as opposed to three hundred.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

What rarity do uniques count as for determining drop rates? Specifically the Blockhead.

Just use the save editor and give yourself a decent one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I think I understand most of how to use the save editor, but how do I actually save my changes? If I just close the program after making a weapon or something it doesn't save.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

So I think I understand most of how to use the save editor, but how do I actually save my changes? If I just close the program after making a weapon or something it doesn't save.

Hit save, either overwrite your save file or save it as a new one.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

RatHat posted:

Uniques that drop from enemies like that are not tied to the standard loot tables, they have their own thing. So you're boned if you're trying to grind a blockhead, gotta do it the hard way or gib it in.

I get where you're coming from though that gun is really strong.

I spent a shitload of time grinding for a Tony Tina's Cobra in the torgue DLC. That thing has the dumbest drop rate. At least the area you can get it in is right next to a fast travel.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 27, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So I finally finished the main game, and just started Tiny Tina's adventure. This is pretty great so far, especially Brick. Put I am sure it is going to get sad.

Been playing Krieg, going down the Mania tree for the most part. Looking through the thread earlier I saw mention of some shields, class mods, and weapons that would be good for Krieg. What were they and where would I likely find them? I know the Shield of the Firehawk was pretty nice back toward the beginning, but I can't really get another until True Vault Hunter Mode. I think there was some mention of a Shield that just greatly increased hit points while having no actual shield? So that Krieg's stuff that triggers off having his shields down would always work? I do have a law and order but they are kind of way too weak/low level to use right now.

Also after doing Tiny Tina's adventure is there some other adventure I should do? I know there is the Hammerlock one, that I accidentally went to with another starting character, and it sounds like there might be a Torgue one?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ryuujin posted:

So I finally finished the main game, and just started Tiny Tina's adventure. This is pretty great so far, especially Brick. Put I am sure it is going to get sad.

Been playing Krieg, going down the Mania tree for the most part. Looking through the thread earlier I saw mention of some shields, class mods, and weapons that would be good for Krieg. What were they and where would I likely find them? I know the Shield of the Firehawk was pretty nice back toward the beginning, but I can't really get another until True Vault Hunter Mode. I think there was some mention of a Shield that just greatly increased hit points while having no actual shield? So that Krieg's stuff that triggers off having his shields down would always work? I do have a law and order but they are kind of way too weak/low level to use right now.

Also after doing Tiny Tina's adventure is there some other adventure I should do? I know there is the Hammerlock one, that I accidentally went to with another starting character, and it sounds like there might be a Torgue one?

Torgue is the only other really good one, Hammerlock is awful.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Ryuujin posted:

You're thinking of the Rough Rider shield, it has capacity 0 and gives damage reduction and is pretty cool. It's a rare drop so either cheat it in or get farmin'.

Alternately, you could just use the Love Thumper, which is a quest reward for the end of the quest line that starts with Hammerlock talking about his ex-boyfriend Taggart who was researching Stalkers. It has a shield recharge delay that is basically infinity and does crazy roid damage with bonus roid explosions.

For DLC, also do Torgue and probably Scarlett. Avoid Hammerlock unless you get really desperate for more content.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well I do have the Pres-Sequel, with a few characters a short ways in if I really need new content. Also picked up the first game if I get really desperate.

I feel like I remember the Hammerlock boyfriend quest, but I don't remember the Love Thumper. Unless I had picked it up and sold it because it was low capacity or something back in the day. Of course that would have likely been quite awhile ago so it wouldn't have really leveled. Just about to get to level 40, and should get it before I finish Tina's adventure.

So where would I be most likely to find the Rough Rider shield? And just how much farming should I expect?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rough Rider is a drop off of The Bulwark, a named bullymong in the early part of Hammerlock's DLC. I dunno how rare it is, I got it off my first kill way back in the day. (I then proceeded to just keep it leveled with me via Gibbed, cause screw going back to that DLC)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Ah. So there actually is a reason to do Hammerlock's DLC. If only to hopefully get the Rough Rider off The Bulwark.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
There's also the Twister, but that's way more of a pain to get.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The other reason to do Torgue is it's the most reliable source for the Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold though the Torgue vending machines. Even as Krieg it never hurts to have one for backup, and you can just farm the tokens at normal level then relog at a higher one to do the purchase. :torgue:

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So I finally managed to get the Rough Rider. Then went back and finished Dragon Keep. Then I went and did Murderlin's arena. Did pretty well, though about five levels beyond the quest's level. But a lot of dropping low on hp then using Rampage. No idea how others would survive it.

Made it through the five missions. Then opened up Badass level and the tower defense one. No idea how a solo player is supposed to do the tower defense. Made it pretty far through the Badass level, but then got killed by a Badass Orc Chieftain or something. Didn't manage to kill it with my dynamite, or my self nuke. And didn't feel like starting it over again at the moment.

During the DLC I found an orange head customization for the Commando, called Lancelot, haven't taken a look at it yet. Also got some special grenade mods. I noticed sometimes when throwing Chain Lightning Krieg would shout Lightning! Also got some Lightning Bolt grenades that he would shout the same thing. But Lightning Bolt seems to go in a straight line and is hard to hit with. It had better stats though. Chain Lightning seems to have a semi homing capability and spreads from enemy to enemy. I also got Magic Missile, which Krieg screams as well when throwing it. It throws two purple balls of slag that home in on enemies. Not sure which is better, kind of hoping Magic Missile also comes in versions with more than 2 bombs.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Defending the tower wasn't that hard the one time I did it - Gunzerker build with a couple elemental Infinities, though, plus a good Magic Missile. I just hosed and fragged everyone as much as I could from their spawns, and IIRC only a few dudes actually made it over the bridge. The arena battles were pretty much harder than the tower, I think - I know I had to redo a few of 'em.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I had some trouble hitting the orcs with barrels, also I ended up running out of pistol ammo and had to switch weapons.

Also was curious, other than relics or class mods that increase explosive damage is there anything to increase the damage of dynamite and the death explosion Krieg has from Light the Fuse? Kind of wish I hadn't sold the special grenade mod that he started with but I kept accidentally killing myself with it, but I am kind of curious how it would have worked with the starting skill that drops a grenade when dying and with Light the Fuse.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Grenade damage might increase the damage of Light the Fuse I guess? By the way, the starting skill that drops a grenade won't revive you if it kills something so it's pretty useless.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ryuujin posted:

I also got Magic Missile, which Krieg screams as well when throwing it. It throws two purple balls of slag that home in on enemies. Not sure which is better, kind of hoping Magic Missile also comes in versions with more than 2 bombs.

Magic Missile is pretty much the best grenade in the game, as far as I'm concerned. There is a 4-grenade version, but it is a very rare drop. I made do with the 2-grenade version until I had reached 100% achievements, then gibbed in the 4-grenade version. Being able to fire and forget and slag enemies with it, with it regenerating grenades all the time, makes it beyond useful.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

RatHat posted:

Grenade damage might increase the damage of Light the Fuse I guess? By the way, the starting skill that drops a grenade won't revive you if it kills something so it's pretty useless.

Yeah I thought that maybe grenade damage would be included in the calculation, but not really sure. If it isn't then I guess it would probably just be some calculation based off level, pretty sure things that increase explosive damage are supposed to increase it though.

Hmm when going into Light the Fuse sometimes it seemed like he slammed something into the ground, and sometimes I immediately come back with Second Wind as soon as that happens so I thought that might have been from the first skill. Then again when I do run out of time on Light the Fuse, and fail to kill anyone with the final explosion, I see the grenade(s) go off and even if they kill something and I get the Pull the Pin extra xp it doesn't give me a second wind. So yeah I guess it is fairly useless, now I wish I hadn't just used a respec.

So if I did respec again I guess I would drop the first skill that drops a grenade on death. I am level 41, or so, and have mostly focused on the Mania tree but have enough that I can start to spread out to another tree. What would be good skills to look for in the other trees, assuming I have like 7 or 8 free points.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You realize respecs are basically free right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do enemies in UVHM scale to your level if you're below 50? Or is 50 the minimum? Wondering if going right from TVHM to UVHM would be a good idea.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

RatHat posted:

Do enemies in UVHM scale to your level if you're below 50? Or is 50 the minimum? Wondering if going right from TVHM to UVHM would be a good idea.

UVHM unlocks when you've beaten the game and reached level 50, so yes 50 is the minimum level.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
I just picked this up for a ridiculous price in a G2A sale. I've read the OP and I'm trying to change the drop rates. I run the game, get to the main title screen, open up the cetrainer file and it just opens in Opera. So I tried doing the longer version, follow all the steps, but when I try to open the cetrainer file in Cheat Engine it gives me an error message of "Unknown extension". What is it that I'm doing wrong? I'm really enjoying the game, but the loot rates are a bit of a drag. I'd love to be able to change it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

7seven7 posted:

I just picked this up for a ridiculous price in a G2A sale. I've read the OP and I'm trying to change the drop rates. I run the game, get to the main title screen, open up the cetrainer file and it just opens in Opera. So I tried doing the longer version, follow all the steps, but when I try to open the cetrainer file in Cheat Engine it gives me an error message of "Unknown extension". What is it that I'm doing wrong? I'm really enjoying the game, but the loot rates are a bit of a drag. I'd love to be able to change it.

Are you on Windows? Assuming you installed CE properly beforehand the file should just run. It doesn't work properly on mac though.

Also make sure you have the right version of cheat engine - 6.2 or higher.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Are you on Windows? Assuming you installed CE properly beforehand the file should just run. It doesn't work properly on mac though.

Also make sure you have the right version of cheat engine - 6.2 or higher.

I am on Windows. I'm fairly sure I've installed CE properly. I'm running version 6.2. It seems to pick up the BL2 process just fine. I was going to try just saving the cetrainer file as the correct extension. What extension type would that be?

EDIT:: It should be .cetrainer or something like that, right? I can only seem to save it from the Googledoc in the OP as .HTM

7seven7 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 17, 2014

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yes it should be .cetrainer. The googledoc lets me doownload it as that, i dunno. :confused:

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Ah, well. Back to scouring the ground for white drops. Thanks for the help anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Have you tried right-clicking the file and open in Cheat Engine?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

7seven7 posted:

I am on Windows. I'm fairly sure I've installed CE properly. I'm running version 6.2. It seems to pick up the BL2 process just fine. I was going to try just saving the cetrainer file as the correct extension. What extension type would that be?

EDIT:: It should be .cetrainer or something like that, right? I can only seem to save it from the Googledoc in the OP as .HTM

You're not doing something silly like trying to save the webpage itself (either through ctrl + s or file > save as) right? You want to click the download button at the top.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Turns out whatever the problem was it was with my outdated version of Opera. I used Chrome and it saved it as the correct file extension and I'm now enjoying outrageous drop rates. Looks like it's finally time to abandon Opera. Cheers for the advice anyway, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7seven7
May 19, 2006

As an aside - what do the "DropsWeaponAndGear" checkboxes modify?

• Locked thread