Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Me and my buddy are playing the Handsome Collection right now and we're almost done TVHM for the first time. I'm playing a Mechromancer which loving owns and is the greatest loving class ever gently caress yes and he's playing a Gunzerker which also owns and is the 2nd greatest loving class ever. We're probably going to be at or super close to 50 by the time we're done and we want to do the raid bosses after starting with Terramorphous. Our guns and stuff are pretty good but not really anything special, I've got a Thunderball Fists (level 47 and owns bones), a good shock shotgun, a ballin' purple rocket launcher, and a slag SMG. My bud has some random rear end gunzerker weapons but nothing special though he does a shitload of damage anyways thanks to slagzerking.

Are there any legendaries that either of us should REALLY try to farm for after hitting 50 so we can attempt raid bosses? And what kind of skill builds should we try for? I've tried every Mechromancer tree so far and I've had a great time with all of them. Right now I'm using something like this with a shock class mod thanks to the Thunderball Fists and I'm having fun causing non-stop explosions. My friend's just going down the middle gunzerking tree taking the good looking skills.

If it matters the only DLC we've done so far is Scarlett's which gave us the Thunderball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

ArtIsResistance posted:

Are there any legendaries that either of us should REALLY try to farm for after hitting 50 so we can attempt raid bosses?

For Sal, get the Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold, preferably with a Torgue grip for max damage. Get it by farming tokens in the Torgue DLC. Fastest way for that is to keep redoing the barfight on Normal, then swap back to TVHM to use the tokens in a Torgue vendor. Just reload your game until it shows up at the Weapon of the Day. His off hand will have either a slag Ruby or the Grog Nozzle from the Tiny Tina DLC. Just don't turn in the mission to Claptrap after you get the pistol. Remember: ALWAYS. BE. GUNZERKING.

For Gaige, get a purple quad Jacobs shotgun (maybe try Golden Keys) and a ricochet Fibber from Mal in Eridium Blight if you haven't done that quest yet. (You should save it until after you complete the main story so it will scale up properly.)

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Doodles posted:

For Sal, get the Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold, preferably with a Torgue grip for max damage. Get it by farming tokens in the Torgue DLC. Fastest way for that is to keep redoing the barfight on Normal, then swap back to TVHM to use the tokens in a Torgue vendor. Just reload your game until it shows up at the Weapon of the Day. His off hand will have either a slag Ruby or the Grog Nozzle from the Tiny Tina DLC. Just don't turn in the mission to Claptrap after you get the pistol. Remember: ALWAYS. BE. GUNZERKING.

For Gaige, get a purple quad Jacobs shotgun (maybe try Golden Keys) and a ricochet Fibber from Mal in Eridium Blight if you haven't done that quest yet. (You should save it until after you complete the main story so it will scale up properly.)

Thanks for the awesome reply! We played a few times since then. We tried terramorphous twice right after beating the warrior and got wrecked (it owned) so we moved on. One of the two fibbers we got was the one that fires double projectiles and it's the funniest goddamn thing ever although I'm still using my Thunderball because hahahaha holy poo poo it's so good. We farmed the 613 tokens in that bar place on TVHM since grinding level 30s for tokens seemed like 0 fun and we're just sitting on them right now. Is there anything I should buy with my tokens from the vending machine? I was just going to pick up the rocket launcher for the hell of it.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Thanks for the awesome reply! We played a few times since then. We tried terramorphous twice right after beating the warrior and got wrecked (it owned) so we moved on. One of the two fibbers we got was the one that fires double projectiles and it's the funniest goddamn thing ever although I'm still using my Thunderball because hahahaha holy poo poo it's so good. We farmed the 613 tokens in that bar place on TVHM since grinding level 30s for tokens seemed like 0 fun and we're just sitting on them right now. Is there anything I should buy with my tokens from the vending machine? I was just going to pick up the rocket launcher for the hell of it.

Double Penetrating Unkempt Herold. Ever since the Confrence Call got nerfed, it's the best gun in the game. (Outside of some build specific shenanigans)

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Yeah, the DPUH is the best gun in the game by a longshot.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Pretty much any Unkempt Harold will win the game, it doesn't even have to be a DPUH.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Well that sounds boring, I just got a Nukem instead which can only be described as :haw:

e:

ArtIsResistance fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 9, 2015

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Those are nice, but the Norfleet is arguably the best launcher in the game. Though a PBFG will do in a pinch.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Doodles posted:

Those are nice, but the Norfleet is arguably the best launcher in the game. Though a PBFG will do in a pinch.

Norfleet saved me in UVHM so many times it's not even funny. Every other launcher was lackluster after this :(

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Fleet Dpuh social bitch confrence call. i couldnt play with anything else once i got them

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
Does anybody have recent experience getting Cheat Engine to work?

I'm following the steps in the OP and getting an error:

Googling it told me to not keep my .cetrainer file on my desktop, but moving it didn't help.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

orcane posted:

Norfleet saved me in UVHM so many times it's not even funny. Every other launcher was lackluster after this :(

Norfleet + Sham = infinite death

such a great weapon

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

King Gonorrhea posted:

Does anybody have recent experience getting Cheat Engine to work?

I'm following the steps in the OP and getting an error:

Googling it told me to not keep my .cetrainer file on my desktop, but moving it didn't help.

Yeah that's something different. The script is hosed up, not the path. Did you modify this? If so you'll want to try again from the original. I haven't dicked with this in a while but that error makes it seem like you have an extra end command near the line mentioned in the error. Maybe you pasted over something but didn't quite highlight enough.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Trying to find helpful goons to murder the crap out of BL2 with. Got the Presequel and all the optional characters for BL2.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I take it Maya's Harmony tree is ideal for co-op?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dreadwroth posted:

Trying to find helpful goons to murder the crap out of BL2 with. Got the Presequel and all the optional characters for BL2.

Post your Steam profile and I'll invite you to the (probably dead but couldn't hurt) goon BL2/TPS group. I wouldn't mind jumping in and playing again with cool people.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Me and my buddy are playing the Handsome Collection right now and we're almost done TVHM for the first time. I'm playing a Mechromancer which loving owns and is the greatest loving class ever gently caress yes and he's playing a Gunzerker which also owns and is the 2nd greatest loving class ever. We're probably going to be at or super close to 50 by the time we're done and we want to do the raid bosses after starting with Terramorphous. Our guns and stuff are pretty good but not really anything special, I've got a Thunderball Fists (level 47 and owns bones), a good shock shotgun, a ballin' purple rocket launcher, and a slag SMG. My bud has some random rear end gunzerker weapons but nothing special though he does a shitload of damage anyways thanks to slagzerking.

Are there any legendaries that either of us should REALLY try to farm for after hitting 50 so we can attempt raid bosses? And what kind of skill builds should we try for? I've tried every Mechromancer tree so far and I've had a great time with all of them. Right now I'm using something like this with a shock class mod thanks to the Thunderball Fists and I'm having fun causing non-stop explosions. My friend's just going down the middle gunzerking tree taking the good looking skills.

If it matters the only DLC we've done so far is Scarlett's which gave us the Thunderball.

Krieg is the best character and Gaige is a close second, this is non-negotiable.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elderbean posted:

I take it Maya's Harmony tree is ideal for co-op?

Is that the one where you get a lot of recharges for and damage buffs during your phaselock? If so, according to my friend, it's actually pretty junk in MP because everyone else (especially your sniper buddy; we all have 'em, and in my crew's case, it's me) will focus the stunned guy because it's an easy target to crit, but you need him to stay locked and alive to actually get mileage out of it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Is that the one where you get a lot of recharges for and damage buffs during your phaselock? If so, according to my friend, it's actually pretty junk in MP because everyone else (especially your sniper buddy; we all have 'em, and in my crew's case, it's me) will focus the stunned guy because it's an easy target to crit, but you need him to stay locked and alive to actually get mileage out of it.

It's the tree that creates life orbs and stuff.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

You don't want to be some weak rear end medic while everyone else is on killing frenzy

Elemental damage for Maya. I go right tree and a few off the left tree

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Go just far enough into the medic tree to get Res, because it's fantastic.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kaethela posted:

Go just far enough into the medic tree to get Res, because it's fantastic.

Maya's Res + Krieg's Redeem the Soul are the best skill pairing. If either player goes down, they will get instantly ressed up. And when Krieg gets ressed he's at just the right amount of HP to immediately pop Release the Beast. :black101:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Kaethela posted:

Krieg is the best character and Gaige is a close second, this is non-negotiable.

I saw Krieg's skills enough to see the one where he turns fight for your life into suicide psycho mode so agreed.

I got a DPUH because I wasn't doing damage without the bee which sucks because I like to go with a high shield and abuse the hell out of blood soaked shields. DPUH is stupid good, I'm using a white + pistol damage relic thanks to it + slayer of terramorphous because I like the skills it boosts somewhat.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Maya is good no matter what build you give her, all of the classes are at least OK except Zero, who is trash tier.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Messing around with Maya's cataclysm tree now, I take it I'm supposed to primarily use elemental SMGs?

Also, what's wrong with BL2s scaling? I've heard a lot of people say it's hosed up.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 13, 2015

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Elderbean posted:

Messing around with Maya's cataclysm tree now, I take it I'm supposed to primarily use elemental SMGs?

Also, what's wrong with BL2s scaling? I've heard a lot of people say it's hosed up.

BL2 has exponenential scaling for damage and HP, but the mobs scale faster. This means that every time you level up, you actually get weaker compared to them. Skill points can help offset this and current level guns help a lot. At the high end a white gun can have better stats than a purple that's just one level lower. Instead of farming up new orange guns a lot of players just use cheating tools to level up their guns with them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ardeem posted:

BL2 has exponenential scaling for damage and HP, but the mobs scale faster. This means that every time you level up, you actually get weaker compared to them. Skill points can help offset this and current level guns help a lot. At the high end a white gun can have better stats than a purple that's just one level lower. Instead of farming up new orange guns a lot of players just use cheating tools to level up their guns with them.

High level games are much better balanced around co-op. Even just having one other person around can make all the difference. Me and a friend did a fair amount of UVHM with just a Gaige and Krieg with no farming or cheating, although we didn't do any of the really touch content. Granted we were playing as Gaige and Krieg but most of the time at that level we died because we just couldn't kill something fast enough, probably because it killed us from 25 meters away, to get a second wind. Having someone to revive helps a lot.

Dirtface
Apr 4, 2005
15. 15 is the highest number there is. Ever
Is anyone doing invites? Theres been nobody in the chat for about 5 days, at least, and I need an invite to the group, as well as about 4 other goons I've seen pass through...

I'm in the chat now. Username says chapel. profile here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/therealdirtface/

edit - added steam profile

Dirtface fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 13, 2015

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sent you an invite.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.

Dreadwroth posted:

Hell I'm down.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/eotr/

Also I haven't joined the goon group although I have the 'Camping The Stairs' Mumble channel. We should coordinate with a couple other goons and shoot some mans.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Whoever wants to play, add me - http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaethela

Will add you fine fellows when I get home from work.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I kind of got burnt out on this game, but maybe it'll be more fun in multiplayer. Feel free to add me - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019823839/

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jabarto posted:

I kind of got burnt out on this game, but maybe it'll be more fun in multiplayer. Feel free to add me - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019823839/

It's kind of ridiculous how much more enjoyable this game is multiplayer compared to solo.

Added people on the last page or so and I'll try to hang out in the group chat to hand out invites if people still need some.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 14, 2015

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'll toss my hat in the ring as well

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076449832/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Same, https://steamcommunity.com/id/Fauxton

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

Hell yeah - I'd love a reason to play this again! https://steamcommunity.com/id/candycorncorgi

UncleSickey
Jan 2, 2014
Here's a far quicker way to get a Unkempt Harold than grinding the Bar Brawl. There's a lot of youtube videos showing where to farm for particular legendary weapons. Oh yes, buried on the gearbox forums somewhere; they said they loosened up the drop rate of ALL legendaries by x5 until May 13th!

So get out there and start farming folks! And if you need a goon to help farm; just search Steam for my name.

Uncle

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Yo add me for the Bordertimes. http://steamcommunity.com/id/archranger/

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I just started playing BL2 coop with my brother and remembered how much this is in a group but sometimes have weird schedules.

Could anyone toss me an invite to the goon group, I'm always up for some BL1/2/Presquel action

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Izakhar

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Issakhar posted:

I just started playing BL2 coop with my brother and remembered how much this is in a group but sometimes have weird schedules.

Could anyone toss me an invite to the goon group, I'm always up for some BL1/2/Presquel action

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Izakhar

I sent you an invite for the group and a friend request. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in group chat though, only seems to get use when a new game is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Yeah, got them both, thanks.

I'll try to hang around the group chat whenever I start a game, or if you see me playing feel free to join !

• Locked thread