Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Is there a reason I wouldn't just max out my anarchy stacks all the time as Gaige? Can't see a compelling use for Diskord when I'm five feet away from every enemy and Deathtrap slaughters ones far away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The healing and other buffs are nice. It's not very useful in Normal in my experience, but it's better in TVHM. Some people like being able to manage their accuracy.
Or you can just kill everything immediately, that works too

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Discord is nice so you don't accidentally gently caress yourself over if when you reload by mistake.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Been playing this again. Kinda wish I could bring the Baroness, Doppeljack, or Athena from TPS though Pandora.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I would pay good money for both that and to bring Gaige or Krieg through TPS.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Kaethela posted:

I would pay good money for both that and to bring Gaige or Krieg through TPS.

I would also enjoy Nisha slingin' guns through Sawtooth Cauldron or Lynchwood. gently caress I love Lynchwood.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

I would also enjoy Nisha slingin' guns through Sawtooth Cauldron or Lynchwood. gently caress I love Lynchwood.

Isn't she the Sheriff of Lynchwood, though? Would you end up fighting yourself as a boss battle? gently caress it, that would be awesome anyway.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Kaethela posted:

Isn't she the Sheriff of Lynchwood, though? Would you end up fighting yourself as a boss battle? gently caress it, that would be awesome anyway.

It's a perfect setup for "This town ain't big enough for the two of us."

Agreed on wanting to bring the awesome TPS characters to BL2 and vice versa. Too bad so many of their skills are related to low gravity...

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

Why is Claptrap on there :stonk:

Claptrap has always been endearing and likable.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Kaethela posted:

There would be some... continuity/plot issues, but this is a game where you are digitally reconstructed if you are murdered.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Immediately after posting that I realized this is probably the best game possible in terms of actually getting away with such shenanigans. Call it a digi-copy or something to handwave it away. Make it happen, Gearbox. I will give you, like, all of the money if you make this happen. The world needs Deathtrap on the moon.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nisha is going to Lynchwood to kill an imposter and also wants to rid herself of the bothersome boyfriend which can't take a hint, Gaige is running hostile environment tests on a prototype, Claptrap (the Fragtrap) avoided getting decommissioned due to being on the moon but still wants to kill Jack because that's what the other remaining example of his product line is doing, Krieg... is Krieg and he was a stowaway on the rocket, etc.

Because they're not from the same place at the same time, you don't need a lot of extra story to make it work, and work well.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Was Nisha an only child? I never found the tapes for her.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ErichZahn posted:

Was Nisha an only child? I never found the tapes for her.

I dunno but she sure was happy when her mom died!!

edit: Man I wish there were more lines for the characters' kills/crits in Pre-Sequel because it makes playing as crit-based Nisha complete agony

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hey

Hey guys

Hey

I heard you guys were disappointed with loot drop rates
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1371/legendary-drop-rate-hot-fixes-releasing-today

so after 3 years we finally fixed it

maybe

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I really appreciate that BL2 is still getting support, since I don't play on getting TPS any time soon, unless it's on a crazy low sale.

I'm sure BL3 will kill that, though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I have a feeling those drop rates still aren't high enough for me really.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Deakul posted:

Hey

Hey guys

Hey

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1371/legendary-drop-rate-hot-fixes-releasing-today

maybe

This may actually be enough for me to try to play a full playthrough of this game. Only problem is that I got incredibly bored with it after a few hours and I'm not sure this will change that. May also be the fact that I never played it with goons.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Oh boy, so now the chances are 3:1000 instead of 1:1000 surely this will make the game better.

RhoA posted:

This may actually be enough for me to try to play a full playthrough of this game. Only problem is that I got incredibly bored with it after a few hours and I'm not sure this will change that. May also be the fact that I never played it with goons.

Game owns a lot harder when you play with cool goons. Also when you edit the droprates so they aren't hot garbage.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Kaethela posted:

Oh boy, so now the chances are 3:1000 instead of 1:1000 surely this will make the game better.

Yeah I guess if you're talking about skag piles and lockers and stuff, assigned drops will be more like 15:1 instead of 50:1 for most of them, which is sooo much better.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Does this also apply to assigned drop skins and heads, or just gear specifically? I farmed the assassins for a few hours and never got a single skin.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Deakul posted:

Hey

Hey guys

Hey

maybe

Are they also going to fix assault rifle damage?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kibayasu posted:

Are they also going to fix assault rifle damage?

Maybe in Borderlands 3. They will nerf SMGs to uselessness in return.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Bwahaha, my level 8 Gaige just got herself a ~rapid infinity~ with her first golden key. It is a machine pistol with full auto, infinite clip size, and infinite free ammo. Also it does 50 damage a hit (edit: level 11, doing 200+ with full Anarchy). With Ricochet I am just aiming in the general direction of things and they just melt :getin:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How can I play this game solo? I have a Gage at 14 and everything takes a trillion years to kill.
The mission to save whats-his-name from the prison from all the robots is impossible. I literally used all the ammo for my three guns and grenades and barely made a dent.

edit: I didn't play the first much. Should I hold on to the one golden key I have or use it?
I'm not really above using Cheat Engine or something. I just wanna shoot mans, I don't give a stonk about the story.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 11, 2015

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

How can I play this game solo? I have a Gage at 14 and everything takes a trillion years to kill.
The mission to save whats-his-name from the prison from all the robots is impossible. I literally used all the ammo for my three guns and grenades and barely made a dent.

edit: I didn't play the first much. Should I hold on to the one golden key I have or use it?

You could get more Golden Keys: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#SHiFT_Codes

Or you could use Gibbed to give yourself some decent gear.

Personally I tend to put that mission off until I am little overleveled for it - it's looooong. Do side missions until you are a level or two higher than it needs and it goes much smoother.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I fairly distinctly remember Gaige being a murder machine even at pretty low levels as long as you go full Anarchy (plus the skills that improve it, as well as Close Enough) and use shotguns. I think I actually one-shot the W4RD3N boss, even? After Krieg, the mechromancer definitely made for the smoothest overall time I had in BL2.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Soho Joe posted:

Bwahaha, my level 8 Gaige just got herself a ~rapid infinity~ with her first golden key. It is a machine pistol with full auto, infinite clip size, and infinite free ammo. Also it does 50 damage a hit (edit: level 11, doing 200+ with full Anarchy). With Ricochet I am just aiming in the general direction of things and they just melt :getin:

The Golden Key chest gives Purples/E-techs, never legendaries. I call shenanigans.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MMAgCh posted:

I fairly distinctly remember Gaige being a murder machine even at pretty low levels as long as you go full Anarchy (plus the skills that improve it, as well as Close Enough) and use shotguns. I think I actually one-shot the W4RD3N boss, even? After Krieg, the mechromancer definitely made for the smoothest overall time I had in BL2.

I cheated and gave myself enough points to get Murderbot Duration on Kill and it's just what I needed. He's out for the duration of every encounter while I can focus on spraying Moxxi's SMG all over the crazy place.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

AirRaid posted:

The Golden Key chest gives Purples/E-techs, never legendaries. I call shenanigans.

Unless something changed with the way Anarchy works, it's also unusable with an Infinity because of the ammo-1 giving that gun zero bullets.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ardeem posted:

Unless something changed with the way Anarchy works, it's also unusable with an Infinity because of the ammo-1 giving that gun zero bullets.

It can if you use a Neutral variant Necromancer class mod from Tiny Tina's DLC. It gives a clip size bonus which puts the Infinity back to one ammo.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not really above using Cheat Engine or something. I just wanna shoot mans, I don't give a stonk about the story.

Did you get the caustic smg from tipping moxxi? It helps a lot with the robot fights at that point

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I got the gibbed editor for the savegames and used it to keep my guns leveled up to my current level. That alone went a loooong ways towards making things better. Having guns just 2 or 3 levels under spec can make a huge difference in your kill speed.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Anarchy is unfortunately the only way to play gaige at low levels if you want to put out substantial damage all the time. Later on other builds become more viable but a lot of them are also more gear-dependent.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It can if you use a Neutral variant Necromancer class mod from Tiny Tina's DLC. It gives a clip size bonus which puts the Infinity back to one ammo.

This can't happen below level 30 though because tina's doesn't scale any lower. It's definitely shenanigans so I don't know why they're posting about it, but whatever it's not a competitive game.

Moldy Oreo
Jun 12, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This can't happen below level 30 though because tina's doesn't scale any lower. It's definitely shenanigans so I don't know why they're posting about it, but whatever it's not a competitive game.
Fun to forget that Anarchy's first row is split into two skills of 0/4 and 0/1 and that it's only the 0/4 skill that affects magazine size, eh? (and does nothing but increase reload speed in exchange.)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Doesn't change the fact that he says he got a legendary from the Golden chest which doesn't happen.

Not that it matters really, just that, well, the entire thread is full of guys using Gibbed to get better loot or loot tables or whatever, it's just weird to hide how you got your gun behind some obvious lie. :v:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Anarchy is unfortunately the only way to play gaige at low levels if you want to put out substantial damage all the time. Later on other builds become more viable but a lot of them are also more gear-dependent.

I'd forgotten that, partly because I never played Gaige using the Anarchy tree and partly because I got so used to playing UVHM and relying on Tina items.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just cheated and gave myself enough points to give the robot the "Duration increase on kill". Now he's out all the time and it's actually fun!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cheating Borderlands 2 is actually a good way to fix it. It's almost impossible to enjoy any extra playthrough with the awful drop rates this game has even after patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Not to be a negative Nancy or anything but even Bandit ARs are effective killing machines during the first playthrough as long as they're at your level. The things you should focus on is keep changing up your gear and do the side quests because it just sounds like you're underleveled and have low-level gear.

• Locked thread