Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Random comments on reddit/blogs say they buffed all the flat damage elemental abilities. I just hope they didn't fix Scorn spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Maya was already awesome. Making her do more elemental damage just makes her even better.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Like an idiot, I decided to do UVHM on the Pre Sequel with Athena, and I got stonewalled by loving Deadlift, why is such a powerful boss at the very start of the game, Captain Flynt in 2 wasn't nearly this bad a fight, the attempt I called it quits on was when I nearly had his shields down but he electrified the floor under me and I died in seconds.

Gearbox have no idea at all how to balance higher difficulties at all.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Did they fix assault rifle damage being useless at higher difficulties?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Judge Tesla posted:

Gearbox have no idea at all how to balance higher difficulties at all.
Remember that TPS was done by the now defunct 2K Australia, so the bulk of the flaws get to be laid at their feet. GB's fault is just signing off on it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Doodles posted:

Remember that TPS was done by the now defunct 2K Australia, so the bulk of the flaws get to be laid at their feet. GB's fault is just signing off on it.

Wasn't TPS less hosed at higher difficulties than BL2?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kibayasu posted:

Did they fix assault rifle damage being useless at higher difficulties?

Nope!

wdarkk posted:

Wasn't TPS less hosed at higher difficulties than BL2?

Yep!

I am really curious as to how Battleborne is going to be balanced, particularly with 20+ classes and 5 v 5 multiplayer.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
in borderlands 2, are all classes capable of soloing the top end stuff? I think it's UVHM OP8 or something like that.

I like doing fun challenging raid bosses.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Dizz posted:

in borderlands 2, are all classes capable of soloing the top end stuff? I think it's UVHM OP8 or something like that.

Yeah, you need really specific builds and equipment though. None of the raid bosses are fun though since they have about 20x more HP than what's necessary.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dizz posted:

You will learn to love the Slag element, or you will know true misery, characters like Maya, Salvador and Kreig are good choices for top end content solo, as Maya has built in elemental and slag powers, while the other two guys are just really powerful in general.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Sounds like Krieg would not be melee mode in OP8 stuff, correct?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Dizz posted:

Incorrect. Krieg can melee without any gear at all equipped on OP8.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dizz posted:

It's incredibly dangerous and one misclick can mean instant death, but as long as you get kills fast enough to refill your health and activate his alternate special ability, you can just run up to enemies and eat bullets like candy. He really suffers during boss fights if you spec him that way though since there sometimes aren't adds to sap health off of or anything like that.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

One thing I disliked about Krieg was that he's so gear-independent that getting gear didn't really feel like getting upgrades at all because I spent so much of combat in melee mode.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Khizan posted:

One thing I disliked about Krieg was that he's so gear-independent that getting gear didn't really feel like getting upgrades at all because I spent so much of combat in melee mode.

The only thing I dislike about Kreig is that they took away his endless ranting with his capstone skill :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

The only thing I dislike about Kreig is that they took away his endless ranting with his capstone skill :(

Part of the reason Brick was funny to play as was his hilarious non stop yelling when you activated his skill, this was the same for Kreig, I suspect they took it away for Kreig because some joyless players complained a lot, these people don't deserve Kreig. :colbert:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Khizan posted:

That's why I rarely play Mania builds, Hellborne + Bloodlust builds are incredibly fun as well though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah everyone raves about Krieg's Release the Beast, but his Hellborn tree is hilariously powerful as well. When I played a double-krieg game with Robojoe, I went Mania and he went Hellborn and there was this great situation where either he'd kill everything before I could get into Melee range, or I'd kill everything before he could set everything (including himself) on fire and burn it all. There was rarely any middle ground. :black101::flame:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there a way to farm Sandhawks efficiently or is the only way to just reset the game and do all the missions again? Also would it carry me at level 72 and all the way through OP8?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I haven't played borderlands 2 in quite a while but THEY WHAT ??!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

I haven't played borderlands 2 in quite a while but THEY WHAT ??!

They did this quite some time ago and is, in my opinion, the most offensive thing Gearbox has ever done. Even more so than Aliens: Colonial Marines.

The patch notes said the chance to hear his Raving Retribution rants was "reduced" but I haven't heard a single one since that patch. It's a loving travesty is what it is.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Dizz posted:

Is there a way to farm Sandhawks efficiently or is the only way to just reset the game and do all the missions again? Also would it carry me at level 72 and all the way through OP8?

The most efficient way is to use an inventory editor and update the level every once in a while. Seriously.

I think there's a way to reset a mission reward if you don't pick it up, so if you can visually identify the parts you want, you can get a good one. It would require resetting to get one each time though -- but since you're at UVHM, that's trivial anyway.

If you're one of the characters who can use it well (Maya?) then yeah it can carry you through OP8.

But just use an inventory editor.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Specifically, go here and use Gibbed's editor, because it is fantastic.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Okay, I'm having a time trying to actually play this game. I got it during the steam sale, and I can't keep a save file. Every time I save and exit, I can't load that save anymore because it crashes when trying to load leading to a long error about Sound Engine and "Borderlands2.exe not found" verifying the integrity doesnt work at all.

e: After trying a lot of different things google suggested, rebooting solved the issue. Yay, now I can finally play this ancient thing.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 2, 2015

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

2012 is ancient now? :corsair:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 2, 2015

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Congratulations, welcome to being old.

I can sympathize.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Playing TPS with a friend after getting it for 20bucks with the season pass in recent sale, and the post-game... that's literally it? One story mission? lmao

What a waste. I feel bad for the people who spent 30 bucks for that season pass.

On the other hand, my friend and I have realized that we never really finished Borderlands 2's dlc, since we did the dragon keep and torque's and that was about it, so we're reinstalling it to have another go at it cuz god drat what a well supported game BL2 was. :v:

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The Pirate DLC is fun.

Hammerlock's DLC would be fun if it weren't filled with such miserable goddamn bullet sponges. Sadly, however, it is filled with miserable goddamn bullet sponges and any fun in it disappears along with all your ammunition.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Cool. What's the headhunter's stuff like? Will almost certainly pick it all up for like, 4 dollars total as soon as the winter steam sale starts.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Minrad posted:

Cool. What's the headhunter's stuff like? Will almost certainly pick it all up for like, 4 dollars total as soon as the winter steam sale starts.

They're really short but pretty fun. The Thanksgiving one is particularly wonderful because it has Grandma Flexington. There's a Raid Difficulty quest where you have to listen to her tell you a story. It's much more entertaining than it sounds.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Minrad posted:

The Headhunters are good and worth doing, Thanksgiving and Son of Crawmerax especially.

My advice for the Hammerlock DLC is to do it on a lower difficulty.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Christmas one is fun. It gives pretty good loot too.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Solumin posted:

My advice for the Hammerlock DLC is to skip it entirely.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Solumin posted:

The Headhunters are good and worth doing, Thanksgiving and Son of Crawmerax especially.

My advice for the Hammerlock DLC is to do it on a lower difficulty.

I actually kind of like Hammerlock, but have only played it grossly overpowered compared to the enemies.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I actually kind of like Hammerlock, but have only played it grossly overpowered compared to the enemies.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Go into it in normal mode when you're at the end of tvhm, for example. Just don't do it in uvhm! Normal or tvhm only.

Or just skip it entirely, who cares. The only good rewards are incredibly rare drops from bullshit enemies, so you might as well hack them in if you want them.

The story does have some good moments, from what I remember, though the several stupid side quests sure do balance it out. (Hunting for rare monsters... gently caress that quest!)

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Khizan posted:

Hammerlock's DLC would be fun if it weren't filled with such miserable goddamn bullet sponges. Sadly, however, it is filled with miserable goddamn bullet sponges and any fun in it disappears along with all your ammunition.

That's about the point in this game when I started cheating outright.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
It's not just filled with bullet sponges. It's filled with bullet sponges that, if not killed quickly, fill their health to full and get stronger.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

TyroneGoldstein posted:

That's about the point in this game when I started cheating outright.

Hammerlock is kinda BS with the sponginess but don't let that make you think that the Dragon Keep DLC is the same. It's easily some of the best content in the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I didn't mind hammerlock's at all and it was a huge step up from torgue's in terms of having areas and enemies that weren't like anything in the main game. But I played it at level 50 TVHM after I had gotten a lot of orange gear, so the challenge mostly just made it feel like the effort to get that gear was worthwhile. If I had just run in there with greens and blues halfway through TVHM, I probably would have absolutely hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I really want to pick this up during the Steam sale but I have one concern: do I gotta mess with loot tables and all that if I just want to play through the game once? I hear that the drops have awful rates or something like that, but another friend suggested that it is only an issue if you play through the end-game content.

Watchu all think?

• Locked thread