Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm
I just got all the headhunter packs, borderlands 1 goty, the telltale games tales from the borderlands, and finally the pre-sequel with all the dlc for $40. Color me happy. With 377 hours already in BL2 I feel like I made a good investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/442859083260163483/B25456948172B25E0A7B06171F63667E3767C136/

onto TVHM :unsmith:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

This is where the real dark souls Borderlands begins.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is there a pre-sequel thread? I couldn't find one. I got the game on steam sale and need people to play with

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is there a pre-sequel thread? I couldn't find one. I got the game on steam sale and need people to play with

Maybe open it up so random people can join?? Just play BL2 with me instead friend

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666603
It's pretty dead though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
There's so much cross chat in each thread that we probably don't need two threads.

If I remember I can update this OP to cover all 3 games. This seems to be the most used thread.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Oh, well I'm a level 13 Lawbringer. If be happy to start over if someone wants to play. I'm Arrgy on Steam and my profile pic is the blue and gold WVU logo.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh, well I'm a level 13 Lawbringer. If be happy to start over if someone wants to play. I'm Arrgy on Steam and my profile pic is the blue and gold WVU logo.

Edit: I'll be home from work in an hour

God loving dammit quote=/=edit

I also installed Borderlands 2 so if someone wants to play either of them let me know.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 5, 2016

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

On my first playthrough I walked into my MIRV spam, I'm smarter than that so for TVHM I'm gonna... :cripes:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I figure this is the best place to ask if there is a thingy for borderlands 1 that does the same as the drop chance CE table does for BL2?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Would it be at all possible from a programming point of view to essentially port over characters from one Borderlands game to another through modding, or would that be out of the bounds of reasonable probability due to differences in the engine/character system?

Basically, could I make Borderlands PS better by having Krieg in it?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Only Borderlands 1 has the ability to mod in additional characters and I only know of one person who has actually done it.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
If BL2 did support modding, it would be relatively easy to port things between it and TPS. They're on the same engine and have quite a lot of similarities under the hood.

The real problem would be updating skill trees to take advantage of the lower gravity and the atmosphere system. Krieg's hellfire skills would be useless in half the game because of the lack of atmosphere, for example.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Also the disparity between relics and oz kits.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If BL2 supported modding you could fix its many simple and obvious problems and I would play it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Just run cheat engine and fix whatever irks you

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Is there a cheat engine script to tone down the scaling difference between player health, weapon damage, and enemy health?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

FactsAreUseless posted:

If BL2 supported modding you could fix its many simple and obvious problems and I would play it.

Yeah, I keep going back to TPS simply because it's much better balanced, less frustrating, and the characters are all well-designed and unique.

Claptrap is honestly a loving awesome character, just speaking mechanically. He can be built as a ridiculous tank that just never dies. Goes into FFYL, yeah sure, but he's actually DEADLIER that way, and he has a full heal on a base 40-second cooldown with a shitload of other healing/damage resistance abilities. And you can still easily crank out 75%+ bonus damage if you use his right-tree algorithms (which I find fun, since they give you a reason to actually switch weapons) for a single skill point.

Speaking of, is there a way to modify a profile to enable the bonuses from having BL1/BL2/Tales saves present? It's not a huge thing, but even though I have all of them installed (well, the BL1 saves were from back in the thread a bit) TPS only seemed to recognize the BL2 ones. :iiam:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I've decided to pick up Borderlands 2 again and I'd like to hear if there's a "best" build for Axton or if I can just go hog wild and just aim for the end of one of the trees and sprinkle with some stuff from the other two skilltrees?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Try the explosive commando if you enjoy EXPLOSIONS, then get a bee shield and torgue shotgun with lots of pellets for glass cannon action.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Amp shields divide their damage by the listed amount of projectiles.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Easy on the truth bombs, we're talking about EXPLOSIONS

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I can never churn through more than a few levels w/ Axton w/o getting bored - his taunts don't help. Maybe one day.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

jm20 posted:

Try the explosive commando if you enjoy EXPLOSIONS :torgue:, then get a bee shield and torgue shotgun with lots of pellets for glass cannon action.

jm20 posted:

Easy on the truth bombs, we're talking about EXPLOSIONS :torgue:

FTFY

Another fun thing I like doing with Axton maxing out his Grit skill and boosting it with a class mod that gives him up to a 44% chance not to get killed and get back half his health. Yeah it doesn't help you boost his ability to deal damage, needs a very specific class mod (Pointman or Ranger mod) to get the 11 skill points needed to get that 44% chance, and at 44% you'll still occasionally get knocked out but it's still pretty fun running around being almost invincible. Depending on the weapons you plan on using, a blue Chaotic Evil/Good/Neutral Ranger mod with +6 Grit/+5 Impact is probably the best mod to do this with.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
A friend gifted me a copy of TPS, and unfortunately I can't play it.

Have any of you guys encountered an error where TPS crashes constantly in menus or when accessing DLC? I get a rather long error message about files not being found, but the common link between them all seems to be ntdll.dll. All the search results I've seen have folks asking about the crashes in 2014, but then the next day they're like "lol it works now."

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Try to verifying the game cache from steam

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
You know whats the best, fighting in the Magic Slaughterdome and getting revived only to have your teammate also die, and you instantly fall into the pit beside you on the last wave :downs: Gonna snag that Ogre :torgue: eventually.

So I'm using a Harold, Slagga, swordsplosion, and tunguska right now and things are going okay. With the sensible drop rate I'm generally getting decent items but I've found only 2 legendary class mods, with one being legendary soldier and only +3 like 20-25 levels ago. Are these that rare?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

There are two kinds of legendary class mods, one is the generic one that was in the game in release which is a pretty rare drop without any designated sources as far as I know. The others are legendary versions of common class mods that were added in the UVHM pack 2 and are common drops from tubby enemies which are fairly rare spawns but are pretty easy to farm.

Fake edit: each class also has a slayer of teramorpheus(sp?) class mod which is a guaranteed drop from that boss. All the legendary mods give +5 to 5 skills but I do recall there being exceptions.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Hey guys I've decided to play through BL1 again, but after almost 200 hours its time to spice things up a bit. Does anyone have the Cheat Engine tables for BL1? I still have the BL2 ones, but can't seem to dig up the ones for the original.

E: I have one, but it's only for experience levels and ammo. No drop rates, which is what I really care about.

Lanky_Nibz fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 2, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Borderlands 1 has a pretty much entirely different loot drop system so it's really hard to increase the drop quality. The gist of it is that Borderlands 2 has a lot of control of what drops when but the first game just has an obscure and complicated thing called "awesome level" which works in mysterious ways and has had several threads on the official forums performing experiments on how it works.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Ah gotcha. Well I'll enjoy it for old times sake then, haha. I bet I still have lots of decent stuff squirreled away across my old high level characters.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

jm20 posted:

You know whats the best, fighting in the Magic Slaughterdome and getting revived only to have your teammate also die, and you instantly fall into the pit beside you on the last wave :downs: Gonna snag that Ogre :torgue: eventually.

Yeah, almost the only time I die in my current game is if I fall into a pit/lava, or I go into FFYL and every enemy decides to run a mile away and put buildings between us (or the ever-fun thing where you go into FFYL from DoT damage after killing all the mobs).

But that's mostly because of a combination of Claptrap's ridiculous hit points, percentage-based health regen and the fact that he gets something like +75% damage while in FFYL (as well as +75% duration, tosses a free grenade, continually novas...) :v:

I should probably try Wilhelm sometime. He and Nisha are the only characters I haven't at least tried, and I kind of want to see how much uptime you can get on his drones.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
My DPS started to wane, so I farmed a new DPUH and Kerblaster and things are great again. I probably want a new badaboom or something with :torgue: to replace my RL which is now some awful tediore bunny which gets me killed all the time.

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, almost the only time I die in my current game is if I fall into a pit/lava, or I go into FFYL and every enemy decides to run a mile away and put buildings between us (or the ever-fun thing where you go into FFYL from DoT damage after killing all the mobs).

But that's mostly because of a combination of Claptrap's ridiculous hit points, percentage-based health regen and the fact that he gets something like +75% damage while in FFYL (as well as +75% duration, tosses a free grenade, continually novas...) :v:

I should probably try Wilhelm sometime. He and Nisha are the only characters I haven't at least tried, and I kind of want to see how much uptime you can get on his drones.

Playing SP it's really hard to die if you have good gear and don't try to speedrun through areas for farming items or to complete all the cutscenes/story. Once you start adding people and the enemies scale it becomes a ridiculous OHK battle especially for more mobile enemies.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Man I forgot how much fun BL 1 is! I'm also shocked at how many Legendaries I have on my level 69 without cheating, haha. If anyone wants to play through classic Borderlands again, get at me on Steam @ Lanky_Nibz.

E: I'm lurking the CTS Mumble channel too. I'm feeling down for some BL action.

Lanky_Nibz fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 6, 2016

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

jm20 posted:

Playing SP it's really hard to die if you have good gear and don't try to speedrun through areas for farming items or to complete all the cutscenes/story. Once you start adding people and the enemies scale it becomes a ridiculous OHK battle especially for more mobile enemies.

I've been playing through slowly as time permits, mostly trying to do all the quests/make sure to get all the zone-based challenges (at least the ones that are possible; gently caress the 'don't let Felicity kill anything in that hallway' one). I finished Pity's Fall at level 17 the other night and I'm still using the Ice Scream rifle I got at level 11. :v:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Do you need to run gimmick builds to beat some of the raid bosses like Hyperius the Invincible solo? His 2 nova attacks followed by a jump puts me into FFYL unless I'm running a fabled tortoise or something dumb like that. As Axton I can hide under my turret shield for the nova attacks but then he jumps and I get melee'd into FFYL so it's sort of catch-22.

Can you do the magic bad rear end bonus round multiple times or do you need to Alt+F4 to keep trying for the Ogre?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

jm20 posted:

Can you do the magic bad rear end bonus round multiple times or do you need to Alt+F4 to keep trying for the Ogre?

You can run this multiple times, however you can't make a mistake or you get mobbed in FFYL and lose :suicide:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Spawning vermivorous solo sucks, she didn't even drop anything good. I want the skins+heads+norfleet ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I finally got my first Legendary in the Presequal , a ZX-1, and this plus funzerking plus the ROF bonus from the Boomtrap gamechanger basically turns you into a raid boss. I've only just hit level 25, but the second I start hitting the other skill trees and getting points in Maniacal Laughter I'm not sure I'll ever need to use a different weapon.

• Locked thread